Prediction Round 16: Changes Vs Carlton + pre-match discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely the club requests Launceston

Launceston is bloody cold though, colder than Geelong or Hobart.
It's in a valley and there is a cold wet fog that hangs around. We have family living there. Been to a few games there v Hawthorn. Even the sunny days are cold but a wet blowing day is going to need something special from the boys.
Hopefully it's just as uncomfortable for Carlton.

If we can somehow string together consecutive road wins against Collingwood, Carlton and Hawthorn it will be massive. I truly believe the next fortnight presents an opportunity for us to take the next step and launch an assault on the finals against some better teams at home in the run home. And If we couldn’t beat Carlton and Hawthorn in a hub we’d be unlikely to win a final from 8th anyway.

Prepare to be disappointed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they're both fit, and there's no state league games on, why can't they both come straight back in, they're both best 22.
I would argue only Hughes is B22, and really he is more of a role player best 22 type as opposed to an out and out star. After 3 months out, you don’t bring those kind of players straight back in unless there’s an absolute necessity.
Young has played what, 7 games? He’s nowhere near established in the B22 yet.

why? what did Cripps ever do except get drafted to them, stay loyal and carry them through their sh5tness in his prime, even now stay loyal as they remain sh5tful and take a pay cut, not go back to WC and make them better, and stay loyal throughout to his GF who has some issues (don't we all) and not run off with the next girl throwing herself at him in Lygon St. And he's a country boy from good stock like the Longmuir's. I have nothing but respect for that guy.
You obviously didnt see our last game against them …jeez,get some fun into ya.🤨

Last edited:
If they're both fit, and there's no state league games on, why can't they both come straight back in, they're both best 22.

Why does the absence of a WAFL game mean we should change who is in the firsts? If they are both good enough and fit enough to come straight back in, how does a parallel reserves game being played effect that thinking?
I'm lost.

If we hub in Tas play Carl and Hawks.

Head back to Perth Host Geelong, swap Syd to a home game we wouldn’t need to travel till round 23.

We should ask to swap the Hawthorn game to Perth. They got an away game at home last week against GWS, and of course we're getting screwed this week. So Hawks v Freo at Optus would even things out for everyone.

We should ask to swap the Hawthorn game to Perth. They got an away game at home last week against GWS, and of course we're getting screwed this week. So Hawks v Freo at Optus would even things out for everyone.
The Tasmanians would have a riot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back