Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley

Sack him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if KT and Koch still feel the same way now.
I'll play devil's advocate on Thomas - I wouldn't want to be in the position of having a pain-in-the-arse president mouthing off in the media and a senior coach threatening to walk with a major sponsor about to walk and needing to give an air of stability.

Right decision? Probably not, but hindsight is 20/20.

I only want a coach that WANTS to be with Port Adelaide, just saying "let's get Clarko" doesn't mean he'll make an impact unless he wants to coach Port on his own initiative, and I don't think he does. The best coaches are the ones that have dedication to their clubs, and even if we got Clarko he would take too long to adjust to our club, he's been with the Hawks for 15+ years.

I only want a coach that WANTS to be with Port Adelaide, just saying "let's get Clarko" doesn't mean he'll make an impact unless he wants to coach Port on his own initiative, and I don't think he does. The best coaches are the ones that have dedication to their clubs, and even if we got Clarko he would take too long to adjust to our club, he's been with the Hawks for 15+ years.
Fact is that, as ever, coaching is a job.

At his core, there was a time Hinkley wanted out. The reasons why are what? Kochie? Loss of fire? Likes the gold coast more? Whatever they are he wanted out and that should have excluded him from a juicy extension.

We move on. The fact is that whoever is hired will want to be at Port because its a job either as a promotion, or to survive in the group of 18. I just want the best person available, whether he's establishied or not.

tbh i'd be against an internal appointment. if schofield is the next man standing i'd prefer to see him walk now and cut his teeth out of alberton.

It is time for some new #sackhinkley graphics, I think.

Can I please ask everyone to contribute the most unflattering Ken Hinkley facts, figures, moments, and quotes they can think of? It is time we rammed home the reality of this club's situation to the casual supporters and true believing sheep.
1. Hinkley played in three losing grand finals, zero winning grand finals.
2. Hinkley, as vice captain, one below captain, was fired after his third losing grand final.
3. Hinkley submitted himself to three senior coaching panels and lost all three.
4. Having fluked the senior coach position at PAFC Hinkley at half time of the semi final in 2013, when his charges were 23 points in front, told his players to look over their shoulders ... and lost the game.
5. In mid-season 2014, with his team a game clear at the top of the ladder, Hinkley told his players that they are now the hunted and not the hunter; result: PAFC ended the minor round out of the top four.
6. Do I really need to go on ... ?

If he did agree to come here he'd be serious about it and would be wanting to make an instant impact. Dare i say, he wouldn't come here if he didn't think he'd be having an instant impact.

Even Carlton is playing more exciting footy than Port right now. If we'd been 34 points behind on Saturday night, Ken would probably have stacked the back line, to enable us to walk away with an "honourable" 4 goal loss. Given that deplorable last quarter in Perth, and the fact that we haven't beaten Geelong since Menzies was Prime Minister :drunk:, Saturday night's crowd figure will be fascinating.

Why do you support Hinkley, then?
If he didn't want to stay with Port he wouldn't have signed an extension until 2021, he could've made just as much if not more money elsewhere if he wanted to. Carlton and St Kilda would've tossed loads at him to get their s**t together. Call me ballshit but seriously you don't sign a three-year contract extension if you don't care about your job or reputation.

2. Hinkley, as vice captain, one below captain, was fired after his third losing grand final.
3. Hinkley submitted himself to three senior coaching panels and lost all three.
4. Having fluked the senior coach position at PAFC Hinkley at half time of the semi final in 2013, when his charges were 23 points in front, told his players to look over their shoulders ... and lost the game.
5. In mid-season 2014, with his team a game clear at the top of the ladder, Hinkley told his players that they are now the hunted and not the hunter; result: PAFC ended the minor round out of the top four.

You missed that he was one of the laziest campaigners in an incredibly soft Geelong sign. Was never sighted in gym and the laziest bloke ever on the training track, comparatively makes Wingard look like the hardest trainer to ever play the game.

If he didn't want to stay with Port he wouldn't have signed an extension until 2021, he could've made just as much if not more money elsewhere if he wanted to. Carlton and St Kilda would've tossed loads at him to get their **** together. Call me ballshit but seriously you don't sign a three-year contract extension if you don't care about your job or reputation.

All about the money, you're underestimating how much money the nuffies running our club put him on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You missed that he was one of the laziest campaigners in an incredibly soft Geelong sign. Was never sighted in gym and the laziest bloke ever on the training track, comparatively makes Wingard look like the hardest trainer to ever play the game.
Okay. I also missed Hinkley’s infamous regular instruction to Steve Hocking to look after his man whilst he drifted forward in search of Brownlow points, an annual assessment of ‘best and fairest’ at which he once came ... second.

All about the money, you're underestimating how much money the nuffies running our club put him on.
And he could've made even more if he started anew with another club, so money is out of the question. He spoke out on his own initiative to down rumours of him wanting to go to Carlton a few weeks ago, which I know might sound like a one option answer, but what did Ross do? He had a literal ******* lunch with them.

:'(

And he could've made even more if he started anew with another club, so money is out of the question. He spoke out on his own initiative to down rumours of him wanting to go to Carlton a few weeks ago, which I know might sound like a one option answer, but what did Ross do? He had a literal ******* lunch with them.

Ross runs a business outside of footy with SOS. I very much doubt Carlton would be interested, even if they where they wouldn't offer close to the money he is on now, question is if there would be enough years to make the total contract value more. Would Carlton offer him 5 years with their record ? Hell no he isn't Clarkson.

Im not convinced there would be many clubs offering Hinkley more then we were dumb enough to give him. Would be beyond amazed if he even got close offers from other clubs.

Ross runs a business outside of footy with SOS. I very much doubt Carlton would be interested, even if they where they wouldn't offer close to the money he is on now, question is if there would be enough years to make the total contract value more. Would Carlton offer him 5 years with their record ? Hell no he isn't Clarkson.

Im not convinced there would be many clubs offering Hinkley more then we were dumb enough to give him. Would be beyond amazed if he even got close offers from other clubs.
If we offered that much money out of simple paranoia of dropping in on-field quality then Carlton definitely would've given anything for Ross, Carlton will take any excuse to get up and running again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back