Preview Team Selection & Pre-match Discussion - Round 1 vs. Western Bulldogs, MCG Fri 19/03 @ 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They arent too much different compared to last year, apart from martin and treloar. They are blooding 2? debutants. No crozier.

Collingwood's biggest advantage over the Bulldogs the last 3-4 games has been Grundy's complete dominance. Martin should help a lot in this regards, so it's quite a different proposition for both sides.

Then why have we returned to possession game, which does not work?

My belief (because I can't find another valid reason) is that Bucks is aware of our structure and ball movement woes. He likes to mount attacks from d half with safe unbreakable transition (possession) - that's all good if you've got a side full of Pendles and Sides (exceptional DE) but we don't.

Surely he knows what our flaws and strengths are but refuses to play to them, why? :shrug:

The only chance we win tomorrow is to change our game style and structure (and improve DE like on team has ever before!) and is the only way Bucks can save his own ass. A season of glaring game and structure differences to seasons 19 and 20.
I was actually referring to his personality type and how he drove himself however just judging on the first half against Geelong ... .

There were so many skill and decision errors how can you put blame on a coach? Some of them by senior players as well, I imagine the coaches would be pulling their hair out as well as me.

Apart from a few players I am not sure that we have a lot of strengths when it comes to kicking goals.

I'm not convinced the Dogs should be as such heavy favourites as they are. When I look at their likely team they look very beatable to me.

Do people think their favouritism is a reflection of where the media/pundits rate the Dogs or where they rate us?
I think the favouritism is very much of the same piece as the constantly anti-Collingwood articles and opinion pieces all this off season.

Treloar is a highly emotional human. If the crowd boos him then it'll get in his head and hopefully put him off his game. If that helps us win then I actually hope the crowd does get stuck into him. Doesn't mean we don't love him but its all gamesmanship at the end of the day.
I disagree. He's not even a traitor, he was pushed out, let's have some humanity.

I disagree. He's not even a traitor, he was pushed out, let's have some humanity.
Certainly not a traitor although I see him as foolishly optimistic regarding the situation with family separation considering he has already had counselling along similar lines previously.

I was going to give him my secret recipe.. but holding my cards close to my chest.. if there's another lockdown might have a season 2 of the highly accredited and successful Lavazza Turkish Coffee Cup cooking comp.. and I wanna go back to back re.

Never change you are a legend.

Just a heads up, this thread will be locked once the official Preview thread is posted.

Then Going to Close the Preview thread When the Game Starts then close that one for the Review of the Game after the Siren?

Then Going to Close the Preview thread When the Game Starts then close that one for the Review of the Game after the Siren?
What? I don't understand.

Preview (teams announced)/Game Day/Review or Autopsy after game is how it has been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm back in my pad in Sth Yarra. Got me mum to clean vacuum and dust the joint.. I come home from work.. and what has she done.. planted fig mandarine orange and apple trees right next to my infinity pool.. I go.. I go.. I go.. I go.. muuhhhhhhummmmmmmm.. then I went over to her.. and gave her the biggest hug and told her she's cute.

Imma leave em there re.. might start a trend I reckon and that in the Yarra mate.. if the Gimp's doing it.. I suppose it's ok for us.. eventually the Yarra will resemble Northcote re.. no need to go to the fruit shop.. go for a walk around the bloke.. and you've got access to a smorgasbord of fruit.. pick here.. pick there.. no worries re.

Pies by 23.5+

I'm back in my pad in Sth Yarra. Got me mum to clean vacuum and dust the joint.. I come home from work.. and what has she done.. planted fig mandarine orange and apple trees right next to my infinity pool.. I go.. I go.. I go.. I go.. muuhhhhhhummmmmmmm.. then I went over to her.. and gave her the biggest hug and told her she's cute.

Imma leave em there re.. might start a trend I reckon and that in the Yarra mate.. if the Gimp's doing it.. I suppose it's ok for us.. eventually the Yarra will resemble Northcote re.. no need to go to the fruit shop.. go for a walk around the bloke.. and you've got access to a smorgasbord of fruit.. pick here.. pick there.. no worries re.

Pies by 23.5+
If that's a true story then leave em in re, your mum will love watching em grow.

Tell you what gimpy, if we lose this match I'm gonna f start wearing a spring fragrance in autumn... I've had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back