Unofficial Preview Changes & pre-match discussion vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

My big concern is that we have trouble clearing our defensive 50. We're pants at it at the best of times and the Dogs' defence is built around pressing up to keep the ball inside 50 until they get a goal.

That type of defense is low probability (the congestion inside 50 means you'll have multiple entries inside 50 before you secure), but it also means that the other sides' prospect of scoring is a lower probability cos the ball just ain't getting down their end often enough or for long enough.

Meanwhile, while we get some good turnovers inside our forward 50 by great pressure work by our forwards (esp Waite), by and large we don't keep the ball up our end terribly.

The end result is that they'll have the ball more than us and have more inside 50's than us, and our defence will have to be at its best. It is also going to be critical that we get some pressure relieving goals by breaking their forward press and running the ball to the other end, and also obviously that we win critical clearances and one on one battles, so as to maximise our time in possession and get some quality entries inside 50 which our forwards are going to love against their undersized defence. We'll get out opportunities and I expect us to have periods when our midfield is on top and gives us the opportunity to create some scoreboard pressure through a series of quick goals. Hopefully we can do that early to create a bit of a buffer. We're much better than we used to be at defending leads.

Overall I think we match up badly against small, fast teams that rely on forward pressure to get our defenders to cough the pill up. This is easily our biggest test so far - their injuries help us but they'll cover them. It's also offset by the fact we're coming off consecutive 6 day breaks and from interstate. We're really going to find out whether our improved maturity, pressure under fire and fitness in fourth quarters is the real deal.

I'm confident but nervous. Anyone who can pick this game is a sage.

It will be a good test for the Bulldogs. Can they beat a quality side or do they just beat up on alsorans.

We'll find out a little bit this week against one of the comptetion benchmarks.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

You think norf are the benchmark? Lol. Remember when Collingwood were 7-2 at the start of last year? You're just a team who has peaked too early and won't make finals same as the Collingwobbles

Who ever wins the contested ball wins the game, what if Swallow, Ziebell and Cunnington are having a bad game?
Should we bring in more contested ball winners?
If we win contested ball we win easy. Any above a 40/60 split we win. They haven't got the tall backs to go with us.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

You think norf are the benchmark? Lol. Remember when Collinwood were 7-2 at the start of last year? You're just a team who has peaked too early and won't make finals same as the Collingwobbles

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Your mob has beaten teams that have won a total of 3 games this season.
Yeah, you're a juggerfu....gnaut.

AFL betting and tips: North Melbourne dominates market ahead of AFL blockbuster against Western Bulldogs

external

PUNTERS have sided with the Kangaroos in Friday night’s top-of-the-table clash at Etihad Stadium against the Western Bulldogs.

They have backed the Roos in from $1.85 on Sunday to as short as $1.70 on Wednesday.

The Bulldogs drifted to $2.15 before a surge saw them firm into $2 with the Roos easing back out to $1.80.

TAB’s Trent Langskaill said almost 80 per cent of the money has been for North Melbourne this week.

The Kangaroos are five from five while the Bulldogs only loss came at the hands of Hawthorn — and then by only three points.

The Western Bulldogs are missing key players with Caleb Daniel joining Robert Murphy, Jason Johannisen, Tom Boyd and Matt Suckling on the injured list.

The Western Bulldogs have won 11 of their past 13 at Etihad Stadium including a win against the Kangaroos in Round 22 by 23 points, which ended a four match losing streak against the Dogs.

The Kangaroos are eight and five from their past 13 Etihad matches.

Reinforcing the evenness of this clash, the teams are locked on 76 wins each — and three draws — through the years.

The biggest bet on the match has been $6000 on North at $1.85.

THE FLUCTUATIONS

March 31: North Melbourne $1.95 Western Bulldogs $1.85

April 3: North Melbourne $2.05 Western Bulldogs $1.75

April 24: North Melbourne $1.85 Western Bulldogs $1.95

April 27: North Melbourne $1.70 Western Bulldogs $2.15

April 28: North Melbourne $1.80 Western Bulldogs $2

MICK MANLEY SAYS

The question here is which hype to believe. I say North. Let’s not muck around — back them straight out at the $1.80.

NICK QUINN SAYS

This promises to be a shootout no matter what Brad Scott and Luke Beveridge say. Get on the total game score over 188.5 points at $1.90.

THE MARGINS

North Melbourne Line

-2.5 points $1.90

Western Bulldogs Line

+2.5 points $1.90

88% of all money on this bet type has been on the Kangaroos

North Melbourne

Over 39.5 points $5.50

Under 39.5 points $2.45

Western Bulldogs

Over 39.5 points $6.75

Under 39.5 points $2.60

Draw $51

ROUND 6 HOT MULTI

North Melbourne d Western Bulldogs $1.80

Melbourne d St Kilda $1.58

GWS d Hawthorn $2.35

Hot Multi price is $6.68

Go to Quick Multis at TAB.com.au or TAB app

THE FLAG

Friday match will have an impact on premiership betting between two teams who have continued to firm.

North Melbourne opened at $15 and had firmed into $13 before the opening round. They stayed at $13 until after the third round and are now $9.

The Bulldogs opened at $17 and stayed at that price before the start of the season but after their electrifying start firmed into $7 after Round 3. After their bad run with injuries they have since eased to $11.

Biggest flag bet Roos: $5000 @ $15

Biggest flag bet Dogs: $3000 @ $17

SEARCHING FOR GOLD

Todd Goldstein has been starring and racking up the SuperCoach points

Over 130.5 points $1.90

Under 130.5 points $1.90

PAST FIVE

Round 1 v Adelaide 126 points

Round 2 v Brisbane 95 points

Round 3 v Melbourne 172 points

Round 4 v Fremantle 121 points

Round 5 v Gold Coast 125 points

You think norf are the benchmark? Lol. Remember when Collingwood were 7-2 at the start of last year? You're just a team who has peaked too early and won't make finals same as the Collingwobbles
Sorry, do you see this thread as your version of a "banter" thread? When we stomp on your mongrel mutt necks in the last quarter to run out comfortable winners tomorrow night, I'll be sure to read your excuses..... Injuries, umpires, fleas...

Now * off you piece of dog s**t!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Come and get me' says Floki.

Vikings
Season 4
Mid season finale

Good news I thought Vikings had finished but its just a mid season break whilst we enjoy the cop show Bosch in its place. I think this will bode well for North we will go from the barbaric savagery of Ragnar to the steely intensity of the don't * with me Harry Bosch, look out doggies, North by 3+ goals!!!!! Go Roos! :footy::footy::footy:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Your mob has beaten teams that have won a total of 3 games this season.
Yeah, you're a juggerfu....gnaut.

I don't think we really care who we have beaten lol. Why should we? We know we are going to be there in September and probably October because we are a gun team. Will Norf make finals? I doubt it. That's not because of who you have or have not beaten by round 5 (lmfao). It's because your gameplan is so predictable and easy to counter by gun coaches such as Beveridge and Clarkson

KANGAROOS

B: M.Firrito, R.Tarrant, L.McDonald

HB: S.Wright, S.Thompson, S.Atley

C: S.Gibson, D.Wells, N.Dal Santo

HF: B.Brown, J.Waite, L.Thomas

F: B.Harvey, D.Petrie, S.Higgins

R: T.Goldstein, B.Jacobs, J.Ziebell

I/C: A.Swallow, B.Cunnington, J.Macmillan, K.Turner

EMG: L.Hansen, A.Mullett, M.Wood

No changes

BULLDOGS

B: M.Boyd, M.Adams, D.Morris