Traded Jack Steele [traded to St Kilda for 2017 second rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt he's been playing the sorts of games that Acres has. The most disposals Steele has had in a game so far in his career is 21, Acres has had 7 games this year of 21 or more disposals (with a high of 28 and two goals), including each of his last 4 games.

Acres is playing in a team that is not a top 8 club that has been given more oppurtunity. Steele has been forced to play off the half forward line when he is a midfielder, in a team with amazing depth. Here are their stats ;)

Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 20.11.15.png

St. Kilda fans have blinkers on

gresham averages 0.2 less disposals then him and hes been playing as a small forward most the years, acres averages 2 more touches a game then him wtf lol

Steele has played as a forward for GWS in all his games, dont know what you are on about????

Look at the post above. Acres 0.1 more disposals per game but less marks/tackles/goals...

BLINKERS

Acres is playing in a team that is not a top 8 club that has been given more oppurtunity. Steele has been forced to play off the half forward line when he is a midfielder, in a team with amazing depth. Here are their stats ;)

View attachment 281151

Where do you think Acres has been playing for most of the season!?

Where do you think Acres has been playing for most of the season!?

I am just pointing out that all Saints fan in this thread are saying because of Steele's stats he is hopeless, stuck in the NEAFL. Stats show that he has as good stats as the best young st. kilda players.

I rate Acres/Gresham but I am just pointing out that I have seen Steele play alot and I rate him.

I think there are saints fans in this thread with Blinkers on saying his value is 30+.

I am a neutral. I am Switzerland.

I am just pointing out that all Saints fan in this thread are saying because of Steele's stats he is hopeless, stuck in the NEAFL. Stats show that he has as good stats as the best young st. kilda players.

I rate Acres/Gresham but I am just pointing out that I have seen Steele play alot and I rate him.

I think there are saints fans in this thread with Blinkers on saying his value is 30+.

I've read through a chunk of the thread and I only remember one who has been particularly negative about him, so I hope you're not tainting us all with the one brush here.

I've read through a chunk of the thread and I only remember one who has been particularly negative about him, so I hope you're not tainting us all with the one brush here.

Firstly my initial post in this series was quoting a poster that said he was worth pick 30. You then replied trying to proove acres is way better then Steele (I think Acres is worth more then Steele, but I still rate steele).

Then people were quoting me saying factually incorrect stats, trying to diminish Steele.

Then there are plenty of saints supporters that are saying your 2nd rounder next year would get the deal done or what you would offer. I think you will climb the ladder next year, so that could easily be 30+.

I haven't seen much of Acres, but his disposal in last weeks game (or was it the week before?) Was putrid
His short kicking can be an issue, but I expect he'll get so much of the ball and do enough other special things that it won't matter, IMO.

Not saying he will or won't reach their level during his career, but all of Fyfe, Dangerfield ("Clangerfield") and Judd for example have had big queries about their kicking and Priddis won a Brownlow, so it doesn't have to stop you from being very good or better.

You do realise he has as good or better stats in the AFL then your young guns Gresham, Acres, etc... Haha, I could go on. So all of your good young players are worth about pick 30 or worse?
And what relevance is that? Do you want to go through every young player in the comp and see if they're worth pick 30 or worse? Try keep it on topic mate.
It's funny you're getting so worked up about my opinion.

LITERALLY, not one single poster has said this.

No I didn't, I just didn't agree with what you were implying with your comment about their stats, because I knew that Blake had had a lot more of the higher-end games, hence my pointing them out, rather than the averages that you then did.

Blake has also had a lot more opportunities due to the team that he has been in. You are climbing the ladder, and should see finals next year but Steele has not been given much if any midfield time in a quality team. So Blake has had more continuity in his career and also another year in the system over Steele. So I would expect Higher end games.

But still, with the higher end games Acres stats are still the same as Steele so Steele with 1 year less in the system has actually, if you compared from the same point in their career would be exceeding Acres in Stats.

Steele in a team next year where he can get midfield time I think could easily get some high disposal games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And what relevance is that? Do you want to go through every young player in the comp and see if they're worth pick 30 or worse? Try keep it on topic mate.
It's funny you're getting so worked up about my opinion.

No but in a trade thread where I rate a player, and a club that wants to trade him in dont see the value, a comparison to one of their own players I thought would get some thoughts about the value.

It might have been a bad approach I took, but I thought it was relevant.

I think I better just leave this thread. I just rate Steele as a player and have seen him play quite a bit.

No but in a trade thread where I rate a player, and a club that wants to trade him in dont see the value, a comparison to one of their own players I thought would get some thoughts about the value.

It might have been a bad approach I took, but I thought it was relevant.

I think I better just leave this thread. I just rate Steele as a player and have seen him play quite a bit.
That's good mate, but people can have different opinions to yours. I guess we'll find out in trade week if AFL recruiters agree with you.

View attachment 281151

Stats aren't a full picture. Read both Acres and Steel's ratings on the sen/inside football game by game. Would love him at the Saints, but he's not the elite talent some are making out.

Stats aren't a full picture. Read both Acres and Steel's ratings on the sen/inside football game by game. Would love him at the Saints, but he's not the elite talent some are making out.
Let's not ignore the fact he completely contradicted himself by using the excuse that Acres has had one more year in the system, kinda like Steele has over Gresham.

I'm a big fan. Still, we are right in the middle of his worth. Our first this year and next year is too much (i think we finish in the 9-11 range again) and our second isn't likely enough. Hopefully GWS can do us a favor with our second :)

I'm a big fan. Still, we are right in the middle of his worth. Our first this year and next year is too much (i think we finish in the 9-11 range again) and our second isn't likely enough. Hopefully GWS can do us a favor with our second :)

Except that we traded this years 2nd pick to Pies for Freeman last year.

Might get slaughtered for this one.

St kilda trade: pick 10 to GWS

GWS trade: pick 16 and Steele to St kilda
Pick 32 to collingwood

Collingwood trade: jack frost or Nathan brown to St kilda

Last edited:
If Steele chooses the Saints then GWS will ask for pick 10....Saints will offer 2017 2nd rounder (est. pick 28). I suspect the clubs will meet somewhere in the middle (pick 20 is about spot on).

A likely scenario IMO:
2017 2nd rounder & 2016 3rd rounder for Steele & 2016 4th rounder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back