Rumour GFC 2016 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Browne from channel 7 says Geelong cannot afford Deledio.

That is a complete load of bollocks. Remember deledio can be given a 2 or 3 year deal to backend it plus:
A) we have several retirements this year and next
B) we can trade fringe players this year or next to free space (heck kersten vardy and one other fringe going probably equals deledios salary).
C) if we want we can let motlop go as FA next year to make more room.

The only thing that might be true is we might be unwilling to pay deledio what he wants. But that isn't the same as unable. Hence browne is full of it.

Do agree with the concern about Taylor, Lonergan and Mackie in the same backline but Lonergan isn't the issue there. Think Mackie might be a bit like Milburn in 2011 this year, in and out of the side.

What are peoples thoughts on these potential trades (are they good for us, would they get done etc)
R. Henderson as a FA (if we can afford him)
Kersten for Fremantles R3 (don't want to do that, but looks like its going to happen)
Vardy + R3 for Marley Williams + R4
Motlop for Deledio + R3

I think we should look at Armfield too, bit of an X factor and a FA this year. Know there's a few older players in that lot but might as well give the next 2 years a red hot go.

One last thing, we should have a look at Sam Reid (Sydney). Know we probably don't need another injury prone big man, but his 24, out of contract (as is my understanding) and would be a perfect n2 forward to Hawkins. Sydney would have to listen to free up cap room to keep Mitchell and his played well up forward when given the opportunity with Buddy out last year. It'd take a bit but maybe not too much due to his injuries, and should be considered IMO

Probably bartel and lonergan staying

Been a huge Bartel fan over his career but as of half way through this season you could tell he was done.
Decision making has been slow, his ability to jump and take an overhead mark seems to be non existent and the fact he hasn't had an opponent all season apart from the very few occasions he played a forward defensive role which I personally thought he didn't do a good job at.
He seems to be one of those players that just can't let go.
Almost as bad as a crazy ex girlfriend who can't see it's over.
For the sake of the club Jimmy needs to retire.

Anyone hearing Motlop to Gold Coast rumours?

It could be very likely as GC need players and not picks.The Cats need higher picks.

Only reason Tigers involved is that Prestia wants to go there however Tigers don't really have much on offer to give up in picks or players.

AFL Trade Whisperer claiming massive four-way trade sends Andrew Swallow to GC, Prestia to Richmond, Jack Riewoldt to North, and O'meara to Hawthorn (Breust to GC). If true - and a whole merry-go-round of picks are claimed to be involved, will make a few recalibrations necessary.

Unless it's a hoax ...:huh::eek:

AFL Trade Whisperer claiming massive four-way trade sends Andrew Swallow to GC, Prestia to Richmond, Jack Riewoldt to North, and O'meara to Hawthorn (Breust to GC). If true - and a whole merry-go-round of picks are claimed to be involved, will make a few recalibrations necessary.

Its a crock of sh!t

That's a fantasy trade and will not happen

That's a twitter account isn't it?

I'm certain it is run by some 13 year old

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why on the AFL website, in the trade wrap section, did it have:

"Geelong's Josh Cowan and Daniel Menzel are likely to stay at the cats while Nathan Vardy is open to a move".

Have Cowan and Menzel at all been put on the table? Or is this just more BS from the media, seems strange.

Thanks for the insight Neddy. There should be more of this kind of discussion here. I hope it means more to him than simply money though. He is loved as a player and as a character by many here
He's a very nice, humble player. That head high hip and shoulder from Buddy was massive and stuffed him up for the rest of the game.

That's why he was constantly scragging Buddy, he was pissed off that his performance had been impacted a fairly cheap shot.

I remember hearing the commentators wanking on about how a player with the ball can give out head high hits and I thought... not sure that's exactly correct.

"Geelong's Josh Cowan and Daniel Menzel are likely to stay at the cats while Nathan Vardy is open to a move".

Have Cowan and Menzel at all been put on the table? Or is this just more BS from the media, seems strange.
Just out of contract.

I would have thought "certain" would have been a more appropriate description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back