Rumour GFC 2016 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard that Lonergan is likely to announce his retirement shortly, so Danger Money may get a reprieve. Mackie, is the one that should be hanging up the boots. Or at least spend next year in the VFL.

You would have thought that if anyone else was going to retire they'd do it before the BnF

He's a very nice, humble player. That head high hip and shoulder from Buddy was massive and stuffed him up for the rest of the game.

That's why he was constantly scragging Buddy, he was pissed off that his performance had been impacted a fairly cheap shot.

I remember hearing the commentators wanking on about how a player with the ball can give out head high hits and I thought... not sure that's exactly correct.
He neglected to specify it is alright against geelong.

AFL Trade Whisperer claiming massive four-way trade sends Andrew Swallow to GC, Prestia to Richmond, Jack Riewoldt to North, and O'meara to Hawthorn (Breust to GC). If true - and a whole merry-go-round of picks are claimed to be involved, will make a few recalibrations necessary.

Unless it's a hoax ...:huh::eek:

It sounds great in theory but in my limited experience deals like that with multiple parameters and angles that require many things to fall into place just have too many moving parts and eventually one participant feels under appreciated or wants more and the whole things tanks as a result. Just too many cooks in the kitchen to succeed.

GO Catters

You would have thought that if anyone else was going to retire they'd do it before the BnF

Plenty of guys go quietly after that we have had it happen before.

Why on the AFL website, in the trade wrap section, did it have:

"Geelong's Josh Cowan and Daniel Menzel are likely to stay at the cats while Nathan Vardy is open to a move".

Have Cowan and Menzel at all been put on the table? Or is this just more BS from the media, seems strange.
Probaby just refers to OOC players and ones more like to stay than leave.

not really reading much into the tea leaves there, aquick read of BF would give any journo the same impression.
Go Catters

AFL Trade Whisperer claiming massive four-way trade sends Andrew Swallow to GC, Prestia to Richmond, Jack Riewoldt to North, and O'meara to Hawthorn (Breust to GC). If true - and a whole merry-go-round of picks are claimed to be involved, will make a few recalibrations necessary.

Thats a troll account.

Plenty of guys go quietly after that we have had it happen before.

I would have thought that if anyone on our list was like that, Enright would have been that kind of guy. The only thing I can think of is that they're not sure about how much money will be available at the end of trade week which is why Lonergan hasn't re-signed when they have more certainty about money and list spots they'll re-contract him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we somehow got a first rd pick and delidio out of the motlop trade. Would we consider looking to trade the first for either Mitchell from swans or j riewoldt with something else to balance salary?

Do agree with the concern about Taylor, Lonergan and Mackie in the same backline but Lonergan isn't the issue there. Think Mackie might be a bit like Milburn in 2011 this year, in and out of the side.

What are peoples thoughts on these potential trades (are they good for us, would they get done etc)
R. Henderson as a FA (if we can afford him)
Kersten for Fremantles R3 (don't want to do that, but looks like its going to happen)
Vardy + R3 for Marley Williams + R4
Motlop for Deledio + R3

I think we should look at Armfield too, bit of an X factor and a FA this year. Know there's a few older players in that lot but might as well give the next 2 years a red hot go.

One last thing, we should have a look at Sam Reid (Sydney). Know we probably don't need another injury prone big man, but his 24, out of contract (as is my understanding) and would be a perfect n2 forward to Hawkins. Sydney would have to listen to free up cap room to keep Mitchell and his played well up forward when given the opportunity with Buddy out last year. It'd take a bit but maybe not too much due to his injuries, and should be considered IMO

R. Henderson as a FA (if we can afford him).... if cost nothing I suppose it feasible.. personally Id prefer us to give the role to younger player on our list , or draft a kid ready to give it a go. Gees , HBF..its not the hardest role to find players for. Henderson is not much better than Murdoch defensively.

Kersten for Fremantles R3 (don't want to do that, but looks like its going to happen).. about all we get ..be happy he just doesn't psd us

Vardy + R3 for Marley Williams + R4. NO , just NO.. no interest in him..at all..none. And why would Collingwood want Vardy..thats a silly trade all around.

Motlop for Deledio + R3.. Cant see it happing.Rich will want more or why do it.

Armfield. ... Enough with the McDonalds food

Sam Ried ... why not give him 30 if Vardy is on the way out , the medial team probably will not notice the difference.

Just what we becoming here. Deludio I can at least understand the logic... but anything less then we are not trusting the players we have. If we don't trust them or doubt them or have made our mind up then ..then clean it out.

Been a huge Bartel fan over his career but as of half way through this season you could tell he was done.
Decision making has been slow, his ability to jump and take an overhead mark seems to be non existent and the fact he hasn't had an opponent all season apart from the very few occasions he played a forward defensive role which I personally thought he didn't do a good job at.
He seems to be one of those players that just can't let go.
Almost as bad as a crazy ex girlfriend who can't see it's over.
For the sake of the club Jimmy needs to retire.

He has a new contract, he earned that contract..its up to him to decide if he wants to stay. Its up to the club if he gets selected. What ever is OK with me , its one thing not to offer a new contract to our champs..but to dishonour one.. that would would curdle the milk in my tea. He will alway be the Norm from 2011.. id offer him a role next to Wells if he wanted it...but if he wants to play..its up to him. It certainly was not his fault we played like that V the Swans.

Would Motlop want to go to Suns. If he is considering tigers i doubt he is looking to move for the ultimate success. Gold Coast would probably pay the best as well. Good chance i reckon.

Closer to NT , warmer... and one might argue if the afl gives a nod and wink they may be closer to being a better side than Rich. ... not totally unreasonable.

Last edited:

Trade Whisperer also said the recently re-contracted Gregson would be going to Fremantle as a free agent.
The thing is run by someone who just talks absolute BS and sits back laughing at people who takes them serious

How will people feel if this trade period is an absolute fizzer for Geelong? Maybe 1-2 fringe players out, no-one in.
Perfect.

Not happening though.

I've heard that Lonergan is likely to announce his retirement shortly, so Danger Money may get a reprieve. Mackie, is the one that should be hanging up the boots. Or at least spend next year in the VFL.
YOTC ... Id have to say I agree at this stage. 75% of the year he will look good.. but players like Kolo are the future...and replacing Mackie with a player with pace would make us look somewhat better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back