Autopsy Dogs def Pies- rnd 1

Remove this Banner Ad

I probably need to watch the game again, but Cordy looked awful. Seemed to be at the heart of any major turnover or dodgy dropped mark.

I probably need to watch the game again, but Cordy looked awful. Seemed to be at the heart of any major turnover or dodgy dropped mark.

I sort of agree. He was poor with the ball and was outbodied on a couple of occasions but then his direct opponent, Darcy Moore, had limited impact on the game. Remember Moore has carved us up in previous games. Unfortunately our defensive options are limited with Hammers going back west and no immediate replacement recruited. Just pray Moz's body holds up

I have no idea if i was watching the same game as others re suckling. He missed one or two kicks but his others completely broke down their zone and opened avenues to score. His boot is a weapon. He was actually pretty solid defensively and in the contested situations too. Wouldn't be in my top 5 to be dropped from last night's game

First presser and Bevo still continues to impress the s**t out of me.
He is the most eloquent but matter of fact football coach we have ever had.
Succinct. Pointed. Analytical. Measured.
All that and still gives nothing away.
We have absolute gold in that man.
I used to cop all sorts of grief for my rants about how bad McCartney was in press conferences but Bevo basically proves my point. A very straight shooter and one of the best in post match pressers iut there.

Is JJ our second most important player now (behind the bont)?

Jong was so so bad. I don't get it.

Fascinated to see whether a forward line can sustain cloke, Boyd, Crameri and stringer when roughead or Campbell come into the team. My gut feel is we're better off leaving a tall out, but I can't wait to see it.
JJ, Dahl and Bont most important players.
JJ and Dahl have all our speed and Bont is just something else when he turns it on like in the third quarter

Jong is a fundamentally bad footballer.

His decision making is awful
His disposal is average
He hesitates at times
His positioning is terrible
His work rate off the ball is negligible
He had NEVER played a good 4 qrt game
His man on man defense is shocking
He is not a multi position player he makes little impact

I honestly believe most on here now talk him up in a sad attempt to annoy me and ignore the fact that he is detrimental to the team in nearly every game he plays. 4 years later and I still have the ability to sh!t can him Coz he still makes the same under 14 level errors.

Can you drop Jong after having 14 tackles?

How is 14 tackles a positive?

Considering about 10 of them were pack tackles that players were not getting out of regardless

Libbas were similar and tells me everyone was second to the ball which is disappointing not something to be happy with

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with MD. You simply can't defend Jong after last nights game.

People will and have mate

Some actually said he had a good game lol

Regardless what people think I want every dog player to be the best they can for the club but this bloke will never make it and to support a player in the best 22 that is making us worse is baffling to me.

vefy good VFL player and that's where he belongs

His disposal is average
He hesitates at times

I honestly believe most on here now talk him up in a sad attempt to annoy me and ignore the fact that he is detrimental to the team in nearly every game he plays. 4 years later and I still have the ability to sh!t can him Coz he still makes the same under 14 level errors.
He is a Ruck MD, you know it i know it we all know it. Give it a rest
mate, you are better than this. ;):cool:

Jong4Ruck2017.......... Jong2North2018........

He is a Ruck MD, you know it i know it we all know it. Give it a rest
mate, you are better than this. ;):cool:

Jong4Ruck2017.......... Jong2North2018........

I agree mate

There is no doubt he is a -uck !

What I saw was us playing with the accuracy to make our opportunities count on the scoreboard.

This is a big change from last season where we worked so hard to score from a huge number of fwd 50 entries. Having Cloke, Crameri and Stringer opens up the forward zone t

Buckley has basically said "if we kicked better, we would have won". But they didn't kick better. If we'd kicked better last season we'd have dished out over a dozen 10 goal hidings, but we didn't, and we lost a few because we didn't.

Its a simple but very important evolution of how Bevo wants us to play. He wouldn't be happy about the clearances, but Collingwood did put on some red hot pressure and do have a quality midfield. They will win more than they lose, so for us this early on this was a good win.

It seems some people are having far greater pleasure in sticking the boots into Jong than actually celebrating the win and discussing how and why we won.
We could talk about the ruck battle. We could talk about a few of our defenders playing up the ground - Moyd should have kicked two, JJ up forward for periods.
We can talk about how our rebound from defence and our structure behind the ball was our saving grace after losing the ruck/midfield battle. We hardly ever lost the midfield battle last year, but our team as a whole has improved to the point that we can still win games of footy with our defensive and attacking lines getting the job done.

But no, take pleasure into sticking the boots of a player after he played a part in a winning team.

I was unsure of Jongs role. At times he looked to be tagging and doing a bad job of it. Needs to be better.

Would bring Smith in for him next week.

Yep, people focusing on one minor issue when there were some major changes to our structure and playing style last night.

It appears that when Bev's hand isn't forced by injuries, he's willing to forego some grunt to add polish to our ball movement and F50 entries. We also seemed to move the ball much more quickly at times for cheaper goals out the back.

We are looking more frequently for the mid-distance kick to Crameri, Cloke and others at half forward than we did last year, particularly when Redpath wasn't playing. Last year we'd often bypass that kick to CHF or a flank for a bomb to a pack in the 50. It seemed that as a consequence, there was some more open play in our F50 than last year.

This change in philosophy to trying to hit more targets entering F50 is either the cause for or result of adding Murphy, Suckling, Cloke and Crameri to the team at the expense of poorer users like Clay and Dunkley and less competent marking targets like Cordy.

Johannisen, Hunter and Murphy all spent significant time forward, making us much more dangerous and efficient. The class and skill of Johannisen and Murphy in the front half will make a huge difference this year.

Team selection this week will be very interesting. We can go with with different philosophical approaches without sacrificing talent, by interchanging half a dozen players based on their skill sets.

His disposal is average
He hesitates at times

No bloke who plays regular or semi regular AFL footy is fundamentally a bad footballer. They are actually an elite footballer. I don't know how much footy you've played, but it's hard enough to play well and influence a game at local level, let alone dominate at VFL level and contribute at AFL Level.

We could talk about the ruck battle.
This was the most influential on the team's performance I think. I'm a bit boring I guess and instinctively think well Campbell has to come in so it was fascinating to hear Bev speculate in the presser about going the other way and having a big mid in the ruck or no ruck at all. Part of me would love to see something experimental but maybe not against Sydney! (he even mentioned tossing one of the smaller blokes in the air which I believe I already patented in an earlier post!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back