Grand Slam 2018 US Open - The last GS with 32 seeds

Remove this Banner Ad

The comment, '...and turning a second great sportswoman into a faceless prop', does she not realise it was Serena that turned Osaka into a faceless prop and that was what Mark Knight was reflecting? Has she never seen a satirical cartoon before? o_O

I heard another person complaining that she was depicted as a large and brutish... umm, she is large (relative to other players) and in that instance she was behaving in a brutish manner! (I personally did see it as brutish, but more of a toddler tantrum look, especially with the dummy).
She is not just large she is HUGE. She is an inch shorter than me and 2kgs lighter, Im not a big guy but stronger than average bear and not a female!

Look at how her body had changed over the last few years, If a bloke did that in his 30s he would be accused of steroids.

DmtUvwfU0AAgMYg.jpg

Americans crying racism over this.
I think Serena was an absolute brat and knobjockey but this depiction is rascist.Once you start making the lips big like he did, it's no different to early Australian cartoons making fun of indigenous people, look them up if you haven't seen them.The Herald Sun is a racist newspaper , everyone knows it, Bolt got convicted of it, they constantly target Africans for special treatment.It's like any other Rupert Murdoch paper- racist and distasteful.

I think Serena was an absolute brat and knobjockey but this depiction is rascist.Once you start making the lips big like he did, it's no different to early Australian cartoons making fun of indigenous people, look them up if you haven't seen them.The Herald Sun is a racist newspaper , everyone knows it, Bolt got convicted of it, they constantly target Africans for special treatment.It's like any other Rupert Murdoch paper- racist and distasteful.

I mean he could have just used a photo of her from the match
1536602521251.jpg

Mark Knight exaggerates the physical features of everyone. Do you even know what a caricature is? Just because a cartoonist works for the Herald Sun doesn't necessarily mean he's in league with someone like Bolt.

Mark Knight exaggerates the physical features of everyone. Do you even know what a caricature is? Just because a cartoonist works for the Herald Sun doesn't necessarily mean he's in league with someone like Bolt.
If you've got any black mates, do a cartoon of them with massive lips and see what sort of reaction you get.

Leaving the racist cartoon aside for a moment, Serena lost the plot when she realized Osaka was better than her, and could hit harder than her.She is worth $180 million , and is probably surrounded by yes men who treat her like a queen.Quite simply she had a tantrum when she realised she wasn't going to win.Osaka looks like she could dominate womens tennis for years to come.Classic changing of the guard.

He opened a speech with "Australia is a country built on lies". With his Australian of the Year hat on, no less. Way to rally the troops!
He had a point Ron, we weren't told all the facts at school in history until recently. Plenty of slaughters and massacres with guns against spears, not really a fair fight don't you think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you've got any black mates, do a cartoon of them with massive lips and see what sort of reaction you get.
I have an aboriginal mate who went to Moomba with me a few years back, there was an artist there who did those things. He got one. Even more exaggerated than the Serena one, too. He laughed his arse off. Do you know why? Because he's not a dumbarse who thinks the caricature is deliberately being racist. A caricature is supposed to be deliberately exaggerating.

Mark Knight did one of Kyrigos too, and he's Malay/Greek. Didn't hear any shouts of racism then.

I have an aboriginal mate who went to Moomba with me a few years back, there was an artist there who did those things. He got one. Even more exaggerated than the Serena one, too. He laughed his arse off. Do you know why? Because he's not a dumbarse who thinks the caricature is deliberately being racist. A caricature is supposed to be deliberately exaggerating.

Mark Knight did one of Kyrigos too, and he's Malay/Greek. Didn't hear any shouts of racism then.
So the rest of the world are overacting you reckon? Get real mate, we live in a racist country led by racist politicians. You need to look at a bit of history like slavery , stolen children, stolen land , massacres ect.Making jokes about a race is used as a way of dehumanising people so you dont feel bad treating them like crap. There is a history of people drawing black people with dark, menacing faces with massive lips.Its racist plain and simple- like gollywogs are.Mark Knight knows exactly what he's doing, he could have made fun of William's tantrum without the racial mockery.

So the rest of the world are overacting you reckon? Get real mate, we live in a racist country led by racist politicians. You need to look at a bit of history like slavery , stolen children, stolen land , massacres ect.Making jokes about a race is used as a way of dehumanising people so you dont feel bad treating them like crap. There is a history of people drawing black people with dark, menacing faces with massive lips.Its racist plain and simple- like gollywogs are.Mark Knight knows exactly what he's doing, he could have made fun of William's tantrum without the racial mockery.
"The rest of the world" includes who? Serena groupies from the US? Far-left femnazis?

I'm sure the citizens of Yakutsk care deeply about this issue.

The whole point is that it was a joke about her acting like a petulant child, not her race. If Serena didn't want cartoons poking fun of her, then perhaps she shouldn't have made the chair umpire (and opponent) feel like crap, eh? Imagine if Family Guy or South Park did something like this... oh wait...

So the big lips are meant to be funny? Who's laughing besides you and Andrew Bolt? And what was the name of your aboriginal mate , who went with you to Moomba, and just happened to have his caricture drawn.If yr gonna make shiz up, at least make it believable. What's your racial background besides'100% Aussie'? Let me know so I can come up with a stereotype and see if you are offended.

She is not just large she is HUGE. She is an inch shorter than me and 2kgs lighter, Im not a big guy but stronger than average bear and not a female!

Look at how her body had changed over the last few years, If a bloke did that in his 30s he would be accused of steroids.

People have been trying to bring up the question of drugs in tennis for years, but it only ever gets pooh-poohed and ignored.

So the big lips are meant to be funny? Who's laughing besides you and Andrew Bolt? And what was the name of your aboriginal mate , who went with you to Moomba, and just happened to have his caricture drawn.If yr gonna make shiz up, at least make it believable. What's your racial background besides'100% Aussie'? Let me know so I can come up with a stereotype and see if you are offended.
I'm laughing at the portrayal of her being a big baby, not her big lips. Because it's so accurate; she's a crybaby. Maybe Mark Knight should do a cartoon of you, I'd laugh at that too.

I've Polish blood, if you want to know. Stereotype me all you like, I'll just laugh it off. Like the average Australian who isn't offended about every single thing.

People have been trying to bring up the question of drugs in tennis for years, but it only ever gets pooh-poohed and ignored.
I remember when she ran into her "panic room" when the drug tester rocked up one morning and refused to give a urine sample.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back