Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, but I don't see Steven as a replacement.

The bloke has won 4 B & Fs while getting tagged every week. Kelly will play longer but for the next 2-3 years he is a fine replacement.

My only two provisos are dont trade a R1 for him given his age and do due diligence on the mental health stuff.

The bloke has won 4 B & Fs while getting tagged every week. Kelly will play longer but for the next 2-3 years he is a fine replacement.

My only two provisos are dont trade a R1 for him given his age and do due diligence on the mental health stuff.
Agree with all that.. and at his size and body shape ..its hard to know how many games are left in him but 2-3 would be conservative.. he has been very robust looking at games played...

Having watched a few of the U18 games there are some handy types but from my eye very few are ready to play AFL unlike last year. If we were to get a top 6-10 pick then Flanders would be the kid I’d consider.
I'm not sure Flanders would be happy playing in the same side as Simpson.

We certainly did not pay overs for Tuohy.
im still amazed that a 6 pick downgrade and Smedts is perceived to be such a cost.

But each to their own.

GO Catters

im still amazed that a 6 pick downgrade and Smedts is perceived to be such a cost.

But each to their own.

GO Catters
He was practically free and has been a walk up starter since he's arrived. If he finishes tomorrow we still win easily.

Radio in Adelaide says we are sniffing around Sauce Jacobs
i could see that...

if

Stanley calf is 1000% shot
Fort is no good
Buzza is still blind
Smith is gone.
Sav is hammyless - ie he has none.
and Rabbit has mixa....

lol

GO Catters

Just seen what people views are... Would you rookie list Aaron Black next year? Before he did his knee his for down defence was really good.. but will be 29 I think... Only thing is the age, would it be best rookie list a KDF...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just seen what people views are... Would you rookie list Aaron Black next year? Before he did his knee his for down defence was really good.. but will be 29 I think... Only thing is the age, would it be best rookie list a KDF...
Only if we can't find a young kid in the system to replace Taylor and Henderson... But you'd think Henderson has 1-2 years left! He looked okay in the VFL today, but I think he injured his shoulder.

Even Blicavs is 28, but he has the aerobic capacity and seems injury free (touch wood) that he could go playing to 33-36. I mean, he is similar to a Dustin Fletcher type, and the way he plays he protects his body well. As long as we don't play him in the ruck!

I would try and develop one KPD from the draft system at end of the season, and later probably trade or use FA to get a mature type once both Taylor and Henderson are gone.

Radio in Adelaide says we are sniffing around Sauce Jacobs

He is FA ..probably RFA... ..so I guess the club is just looking at it terms of cost V performance.. and would we have a better group of ruck options with Smith off and Jacobs on? 31..not many ruckman are playing like they were 22 at that age.. probably a good chance that he delievers as much a Hmac.

Only if we can't find a young kid in the system to replace Taylor and Henderson... But you'd think Henderson has 1-2 years left! He looked okay in the VFL today, but I think he injured his shoulder.

Even Blicavs is 28, but he has the aerobic capacity and seems injury free (touch wood) that he could go playing to 33-36. I mean, he is similar to a Dustin Fletcher type, and the way he plays he protects his body well. As long as we don't play him in the ruck!

I would try and develop one KPD from the draft system at end of the season, and later probably trade or use FA to get a mature type once both Taylor and Henderson are gone.
Yeah good post.... You would think there is a young KDF we can find in the draft... Anyone know any names that could come in this year's draft?

Yeah good post.... You would think there is a young KDF we can find in the draft... Anyone know any names that could come in this year's draft?
This bloke...

17. Brodie Newman
Best position:
Key defence
Height, weight: 193cm, 90kg
Recruited from: Calder Cannons
Projected draft range: 20-60
Plays like: Jeremy McGovern
April Rankings: not ranked
Rationale: Has started the season strongly and earns his way into the top-20 with a 36 disposal, 17 mark performance against Geelong putting him on the map.
Strengths: Intercept marking, reading of the drop of the ball, contested marking, penetrating and reliable kick, strength one-on-one
Weaknesses: Athleticism, unclear versatility

For tuohy, hell no.

If i can remember correctly it was a 5 pick downgrade and smedts. So we basically got him for free. Did smedts last 1 or 2 years at the blues?

Just listed the trade in it fullness ..overall hard to say its an overpay but to be fair to Drunkcat ..I think he was just thinking it was a pure R1 pick,,

everytime we get dominated by a ruck like that tonight i get so mad we dont have a better ruck.
would you consider one year of goldstein? from memeory hes out of contract but could be wrong.
also i know crows probably wont let him got but does ROB interest anyone too, is from Victoria played for the Calder Cannons

everytime we get dominated by a ruck like that tonight i get so mad we dont have a better ruck.
would you consider one year of goldstein? from memeory hes out of contract but could be wrong.
also i know crows probably wont let him got but does ROB interest anyone too, is from Victoria played for the Calder Cannons
No chance of getting ROB... Crows will sign him long-term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back