Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Gould 18, 191cm/98kg, 18 disposals for Glenelg today in it's GF victory over Port Adelaide.
Glenelg's first flag for 33 years.
A no risk 1st rounder.
Looks a 3rd tall defender - but we already have a lot of those at 190-194cms 3rd tall types at a young age too - Kolo, Stewart, Henry, O'Connor, even Okunbor.
Looks a good player though, but not a list need imho.

Looks a 3rd tall defender - but we already have a lot of those at 190-194cms 3rd tall types at a young age too - Kolo, Stewart, Henry, O'Connor, even Okunbor.

I think he's that good l wouldn't care, possible star and 200 gamer, can play through midfield even on ball.
I'd just get the kid will play senior AFLnext year imo.

If we don't select Taheny with a pick inside Top 30, then go for Sokol from the WAFL... Kicked 6 in their WAFL GF!

Check out his stats for the year... Also been a regular goal kicker for +3 years at WAFL Seniors.

Will be keen to see his AFL combine stats then...

Most defensive rebounds of the Carnival booming kick and intercept mark.
He's on the Glenelg web site seniors list with his 2019 stats as well.
U18 All Aust the year before at 16yrs and again this time and SA captain, l think it's fair to say he can play.

Last edited:
The talk online is that Riccardi will 100% be drafted. The question is, what pick is too early to pull the trigger.
If he's there with our 2nd round pick at Pick 33-36, then for sure you have to lock him in.
I'm surprised we didn't go for him in the mid-season draft, just to secure him.

Have you seen sokol play ?
Not really, but 152 goals over 3 seasons in the WAFL seniors as mid-sized forward @ Age 23 must be decent.
I'd say he be a similar style to Taheny, but only mature and ready to go.
Would like to see his results at the WA State Combine for a better assessment as to whether he is athletically good enough for AFL. He has been invited.

If Charlie Constable wants a trade... what pick would we accept for him?
As he is contracted.
Let's isolate the Jack Steven trade as a separate trade.

I think if Constable demanded to leave, but we had a shot at getting Cooper Stephens, would that be a better outcome for us?
We would still need a Pick inside 30, and probably low 20s to make it a secure selection. I doubt a club would offer that much for our young Charlie.

There seems a lot of attribute debate doesn't there... Its this way or that way.. We can point to failures with trade and draft. Have we had the chance to draft the way we did in the Corey/Bartel/Mackie era etc.. well probably not but we have not tried to trade out Mansfield to get picks to draft a Chapman either.. Have we filled a couple of holes with trades.. yes .. I think the Dangerfield recruitment has been an over whelming success ..we could debate FA ..but thats been fine. Henderson and others far more questionable.
So if we want to trade in ..then Id prefer it be looking at the GWS type that are missing or not quite there yet..the one that have been mentioned multiple times.. and plenty of other clubs probably like them as well. If we want mature player we must be selective and aware of cost.

So the recent mention of Gaff for eg. ... if its true he becomes a UFA at the end of 2020... its insane to trade them in for one season imo. Steven ..the same we must hit the PS training with 3-4 kids who really and a strong foundation for the future.. they may be kids of 18 or 20-23 ..on that im not too fussed.. add a Caldwell and a XOH etc and we then have three young mids that should all be pushing for games.. then we have Brownless ..who will get games because he can run.. so want to add a Pnp to all that .ok we still have served our future as much as the now.. Cant get those type of youngish trades done... the let loose Wells at the draft.

If we have any hope of grabbing jye Caldwell I will be over the moon. Future star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Charlie Constable wants a trade... what pick would we accept for him?
As he is contracted.
Let's isolate the Jack Steven trade as a separate trade.

I think if Constable demanded to leave, but we had a shot at getting Cooper Stephens, would that be a better outcome for us?
We would still need a Pick inside 30, and probably low 20s to make it a secure selection. I doubt a club would offer that much for our young Charlie.

Imho Constable rates himself abit to highy if he thinks he's a walk up start at other clubs.
I think if has a good preseason and does whats asked of him from the coaches he should get plenty of more games.
Pity hes abit slow but I'm hoping if he hits the gym he could be our JPK type.

Pity we aren't dealing with Feo. Apart from the earlier pick, Ed Langdon would be a welcome additions at Geelong. Provides plenty of run which would definitely see the end of needing Blicavs on the wing for his run.
Can't kick, run and carry is pointless if you butcher the footy.

If St Kilda want a first round pick for Steven, it would make Kelly worth 2 or 3 top 10 picks

2-years ago Steven would have been worth more and I'd think he's worth more to St Kilda then what he'd be worth to us in a trade - so thinking an agreement will be hard to reach
Steven was 7th in the Brownlow 12 months ago I personally find it very hard to believe that the Saints are just going to let him go for a 3rd Rounder.

Imho Constable rates himself abit to highy if he thinks he's a walk up start at other clubs.
I think if has a good preseason and does whats asked of him from the coaches he should get plenty of more games.

Based on what? Honestly the media see a kid who didn't do much wrong to the eye at AFL level & then is putting up big numbers at VFL but still not getting a game & just start the "whispers", till you hear from him or his management should take it as not true.

Based on what? Honestly the media see a kid who didn't do much wrong to the eye at AFL level & then is putting up big numbers at VFL but still not getting a game & just start the "whispers", till you hear from him or his management should take it as not true.

In 7 games Constable failed to take one contested mark.

In 7 games Constable managed two 1%ers

In 7 games, Constable managed 3 centre clearance.

Now dont read this as a deep criticism of him...he's a lad in his first season who has strong elements in his game, but clearly some areas he needs to work on...

I hope he stays and continues to develop his game and steps up next year and becomes a best 22 in 2020....but he's not there yet.

Yeah, pretty much.
Probably what Taheny projects to be in a few years.

Could challenge Rohan, Cocky, for that 3rd forward role. We need a bit of depth there.
Unless Jarvis somehow improves a hell of a lot next season.
Kreuger is also in that mix IMO. Much more Mobile than Hawk or Esava. Booming kick.

In 7 games Constable failed to take one contested mark.

In 7 games Constable managed two 1%ers

In 7 games, Constable managed 3 centre clearance.

Now dont read this as a deep criticism of him...he's a lad in his first season who has strong elements in his game, but clearly some areas he needs to work on...

I hope he stays and continues to develop his game and steps up next year and becomes a best 22 in 2020....but he's not there yet.
I had a quick look at his first 7 v Joel Corey a decent footballer :)
Goals Corey 2 Charlie 5
Tackles Corey 13 Charlie 26
Clearances Corey 15.Charlie 16
Disposals Corey 91 Charlie 150
Marks Corey 20 Charlie 31.
It also took Joel Corey 15 games to take his first contested mark.
That certainly backs up the bolded.I hope he stays too.

The midfield is the answer to most forward line issues. Rubbish deliver. Stagnant ball movement.
The mids dont help at times and slow ball movement allows teams to get back for sure but all Richmond did was clog up our forward line and we were toothless their are few things that need to change to stop teams doing that...

Will Gould 18, 191cm/98kg, 18 disposals for Glenelg today in it's GF victory over Port Adelaide.
Glenelg's first flag for 33 years.
A no risk 1st rounder.
I think he looked good yesterday but I don't know you what extent he'll grow. He is competitive against seniors but how much is just that he has a ready to go body size and how much is good football nous I'm not sure.

One thing I'll say is that anyone looking at ports depth rucks and thinking we'd get a ready to go ruck option would do well to watch a replay of the SANFL grand final. Torched in the ruck by a rampaging Jesse White

He definitely wasn't tall enough to go one on one with Frampton yesterday

He would be a walk up start at most clubs and next year he'd be a walk up start at ours

He definitely wasn't tall enough to go one on one with Frampton yesterday

Gould was among the leading disposal winners Frampton kick 1 of Ports 6 goals and copped a shalacking as did Port.
Gould played a fantastic game.
Does he just play well cose he's big? Hello!!
He's 18 and playing the best senior men in SA is that ok???

Do we get rid of Constable? We'd be silly enough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back