Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the weight issue due to inactivity or the medication he is on is the area of concern

Not so much the weight ..but pushing on past 30 with over a year without football and weight/mental health issues ..with the Saints reportably asking for a first round pic

You can see why some posters have strong reservations to getting Stevens
If it's a first-round pick they want, then forget it.

I would hope that if Stevens wants out they would let him go for some late picks, but then I don't know anyone from St Kilda to ask if they value him. But I don't think he has enough of an upside to give up more then a pick in the 40s or under.
We gave up Varcoe for Mitch Clark. History shows that was a massive mistake, Varcoe would still easily be best 22 for us especially how we played first half of the season. Lets hope the club learned from that.

Okay with the likely Draft picks we will have, probably from 13, 16, 22, -> the earlier picks I mean:
Luke Jackson - best ruck in the U18s.
Cameron Taheny - mates with Jarvis and Kennerly, the best mid-sized natural goal kicker.
Jeremy Sharp - should have a good relationship with Clark from WA, can also Mark above head, break lines, and kicks very good.

They look like no brainners with our likely picks.

If we can hold onto Pick 33-34ish (our 2nd rounder after bidding) - Get Riccardi in the system.

52 and Abbott can go for Steven.

Pity we aren't dealing with Feo. Apart from the earlier pick, Ed Langdon would be a welcome additions at Geelong. Provides plenty of run which would definitely see the end of needing Blicavs on the wing for his run.
I’m told Ed Langdon is a lock to join Melbourne

You’d would accept pic 22 this year and the pick 18 and 54 next year for a top 5 mid that’s being paid $1 million per year... that’s what I was commenting on from the WCE nuffie thinking that a 2nd round pick and future round 1 2021 pics is a suitable trade...yeah nah

Glad you’re not in charge personally
Hehe. I am glad I’m not in charge. No winners whatever the deal.

Okay with the likely Draft picks we will have, probably from 13, 16, 22, -> the earlier picks I mean:
Cameron Taheny - mates with Jarvis and Kennerly, the best mid-sized natural goal kicker.
Jeremy Sharp - should have a good relationship with Clark from WA, can also Mark above head, break lines, and kicks very good.

If we can hold onto Pick 33-34ish (our 2nd rounder after bidding) - Get Riccardi in the system.

Besides Luke Jackson.. who else are some good Young Rucks?

Like those names, particularly Jackson. But, I'd be hoping for one bona fide mid from this draft amongst the first couple of our picks. Not sure how, but I think, failing to land a pick in the first 8, we need to try and trade into it. Maybe for the Blues pick 8 or Freo pick 6?

Like those names, particularly Jackson. But, I'd be hoping for one bona fide mid from this draft amongst the first couple of our picks. Not sure how, but I think, failing to land a pick in the first 8, we need to try and trade into it. Maybe for the Blues pick 8 or Freo pick 6?
Bonafide Mid -> Cooper Stephens Falcons, Pick in the 20s then.

If we can get 2 early picks for TK, plus existing one, we could land 3 of the 4 (incl Stephens).

We gave St Kilda Steven King a premiership ruck pretty much for free in 2008 and they played him against us in the 2009 GF. I think they owe us one. Jack Stevens for a pick in the 40s should be our top offer. What official trade value is he worth to make it qualify as fair trade?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure I can read into SANFL stats, as Jack Trengrove from Port averaged 30.8 touches @ 75% DE, with 6.4 tackles per game, along with 9 goals from 16 matches...

He couldn't get a game at Port in the Seniors.

Id love a crack at Flanders, but with that being very unlikely is there any chance the Cats look at Brodie Kemp? Big strong mid who won't play Next year after a knee reco. Can we afford to take a player sitting out the year?
Not sure I like the risk of Brodie Kemp if its our first pick.
If we have like 4 picks to play with inside Top 30, then maybe.
But think we may only have 2-3 choices inside Top 30, and Jackson is probably a better % play.

Luke Partington looks perhaps the best mature ager in SANFL @ 22yo, 181cm, this season: 19games, 18goals 16 behinds, 5.5 tackles, 29 touches @ 82% DE, 4.9 clearances.

But he's definitely not a smooth mover like TK...

Good story though... From U18s

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back