Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm pretty buoyant that we can give the flag another real shake next year. I tipped Richmond to win the flag mid-year and was laughed at by everyone, but at full strength they were always the best team in it and they proved that when it mattered.

Aside from the usual post-bye debacle against Collingwood in the QF, I thought we took some big strides in the finals this year. Our performance against West Coast was very, very good. We pushed Richmond all the way missing Hawkins, Duncan and Clark and if not for some errant kicking at goal in that second quarter, we could be premiers. We should of been 6-7 goals up at half time and that's probably a bridge too far for Richmond. A disappointing result in the end, but a lot of positives to be taken out of it as no other team could get near them in the end.

Kelly is a massive loss, but I'd like to see the following occur in order for us to replace him as best we can:

Outs:

Kelly traded to West Coast for a top 10 pick and pick 14. Lets just say picks 10* and 14.

Abbott traded to wherever for a late pick - 70's, 80's, he's contracted, so it's about freeing up a list spot to make room for ZGuthrie to be upgraded which will no doubt annoy many on here.

Smith traded for a late pick ala Abbott or delisted.

Buzza delisted (I can't believe he hasn't been already)

Ins:

Pick 14 traded to Adelaide for B.Crouch. $700k per year. This man could be our Dion Prestia. Without Prestia, Tigers probably don't win the flag this year.

Pick 36 to be traded for Steven (Not ideal but he's contracted and IMO, we have one last big crack at a flag so it could be a masterstroke). Risky, but no risk no reward. Imagine if we fall just short again and we'd be left thinking Steven could of been the difference? All of a sudden we'd love to get Doc Brown's time machine and go back and trade pick 36 for him. If we weren't a chance at a flag, forget all about Steven, but we are.

Pick 56 traded to Richmond for Kamdyn McIntosh. Premiership player who is 25 with 90 games under his belt. 16-games this year. He has been a victim of playing in a great side. This bloke runs his guts out both ways. He also kicked 3-goals in the 2018 QF against the Hawks. He can play and would come cheaply.

Pick 92 traded to Adelaide for Jenkins providing he takes a massive pay cut, which he has openly stated he will do in order to continue his career. This will divide many on here but lets just say he'd be cheap depth in the event Hawkins or Sav go down with a significant injury. Jenkins will be better than someone picked up with a pick in the 80's in the draft. Richmond have proved that depth plays an important role in winning premierships.

Henderson retained on minimum wage as depth and injury cover for Blitz, Taylor, Kolo etc.

We take picks 10, 17 (And whatever other picks we end up with) to the draft.

*Cue the "Glad you're not our list manager comments"

:)

I'm pretty buoyant that we can give the flag another real shake next year. I tipped Richmond to win the flag mid-year and was laughed at by everyone, but at full strength they were always the best team in it and they proved that when it mattered.

Aside from the usual post-bye debacle against Collingwood in the QF, I thought we took some big strides in the finals this year. Our performance against West Coast was very, very good. We pushed Richmond all the way missing Hawkins, Duncan and Clark and if not for some errant kicking at goal in that second quarter, we could be premiers. We should of been 6-7 goals up at half time and that's probably a bridge too far for Richmond. A disappointing result in the end, but a lot of positives to be taken out of it as no other team could get near them in the end.

Kelly is a massive loss, but I'd like to see the following occur in order for us to replace him as best we can:

Outs:

Kelly traded to West Coast for a top 10 pick and pick 14. Lets just say picks 10* and 14.

Abbott traded to wherever for a late pick - 70's, 80's, he's contracted, so it's about freeing up a list spot to make room for ZGuthrie to be upgraded which will no doubt annoy many on here.

Ins:

Pick 14 traded to Adelaide for B.Crouch. $700k per year. This man could be our Dion Prestia. Without Prestia, Tigers probably don't win the flag this year.

Pick 36 to be traded for Steven (Not ideal but he's contracted and IMO, we have one last big crack at a flag so it could be a masterstroke). Risky, but no risk no reward. Imagine if we fall just short again and we'd be left thinking Steven could of been the difference? All of a sudden we'd love to get Doc Brown's time machine and go back and trade pick 36 for him. If we weren't a chance at a flag, forget all about Steven, but we are.

Pick 56 traded to Richmond for Kamdyn McIntosh. Premiership player who is 25 with 90 games under his belt. 16-games this year. He has been a victim of playing in a great side. This bloke runs his guts out both ways. He also kicked 3-goals in the 2018 QF against the Hawks. He can play and would come cheaply.

Pick 92 traded to Adelaide for Jenkins providing he takes a massive pay cut, which he has openly stated he will do in order to continue his career. This will divide many on here but lets just say he'd be cheap depth in the event Hawkins or Sav go down with a significant injury. Jenkins will be better than someone picked up with a pick in the 80's in the draft. Richmond have proved that depth plays an important role in winning premierships.

Henderson retained on minimum wage as depth and injury cover for Blitz, Taylor, Kolo etc.

You had me until McIntosh and Jenkins.

Glad you're not our list manager..... ;)

Outs:

Ins:

I'll let others say the last part - regarding McIntosh, I get the feeling that he may end up at Freo, especially with them losing a few players - plus he is a WA local

Maybe we could look those on the fringe at the club like say Menegola and see if there's interest from Freo and see if we can cash in Freo maybe looking for some experienced players

I’m not 100% sure if Jenkins would be happy being a backup and spending his remaining days in the VFL
Earn $200k a year for a couple of years playing predominate VFL & not getting on a plane - I'd think that a few players would be quite happy with that arrangement

Seems like St Kilda & Geelong are way off on how they value Steven at the trade table:

“Jack’s a pretty important player for our club. We provided a lot of support for Jack and he’s provided great football games for us.

“Jack hasn’t absolutely said he wants to go to Geelong. If he wants to go though and we can get the right deal done, we will do that if that’s good for Jack.

“If he stays at the Saints, he will be okay as well. So it’s not a rush out the door scenario for Jack. We will catch up with Wellsy (Stephen Wells) this morning and talk about what we think is appropriate.

“Jack’s got a fair bit of football left in him if he can get back fit and healthy. He’s been in Broome, he’s feeling good, he’s back in a good space. We can’t let Jack go to go play good footy somewhere else without some compensation.”...

“I don’t think it’s at the back end of the draft,” Lethlean said.

“(He is a) four-time best and fairest. He’s probably our most gifted player. Now he’s not as fit and well as he was two years ago when he won our best and fairest, but he’s not far away and we think he will get there.

“If he’s at the Saints, he’ll be okay. Jack got votes in the Brownlow, he’s a pretty good player.”

I'll let others say the last part - regarding McIntosh, I get the feeling that he may end up at Freo, especially with them losing a few players - plus he is a WA local

Maybe we could look those on the fringe at the club like say Menegola and see if there's interest from Freo and see if we can cash in Freo maybe looking for some experienced players

Yeah, definitely. If we got offered a half decent pick for Menegola, we'd have to seriously consider that. I didn't realise McIntosh was from WA, but I'd only be interested if he came cheaply. He's a good role player and at worst good depth, but as you say, he could very well end up at Freo anyway. If we can replace Kelly with Crouch and Steven, that's a very good outcome for us imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outs:

Ins:

I think I would take a different road .. but I can see your logic..

Yeah, definitely. If we got offered a half decent pick for Menegola, we'd have to seriously consider that. I didn't realise McIntosh was from WA, but I'd only be interested if he came cheaply. He's a good role player and at worst good depth, but as you say, he could very well end up at Freo anyway. If we can replace Kelly with Crouch and Steven, that's a very good outcome for us imo.

Menegola is a FA next year. IF we want to keep him we need him to sign now..say 2 years. If he doesnt want to ..then we have to explore options ... as if we go for multiple FA's next year ...we get no comp for him.

I think I would take a different road .. but I can see your logic..

Fair enough Turbo. Many will disagree with my proposed approach. After the Collingwood QF, I probably had similar thoughts to you. But I saw enough in our last two finals to justify having one last crack at it. But many others will disagree and that's fair.

If Brisbane bring in another small and tell him he fits by moving Linc etc ..up the ground ... I hope we have a look at who is missing out... A kid called Ely Smith is a big bodied mid ..that we might be able to get cheap. P21 last year... .. do they take a late R2?
Would be worth asking the question even if they say no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back