Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Sutherland has had a good start to his shield cricket career. But if he decides to go back to footy he might want to join his dad at Geelong. He was a very good junior CHF and he’d be a cat b rookie.

Will Sutherland has had a good start to his shield cricket career. But if he decides to go back to footy he might want to join his dad at Geelong. He was a very good junior CHF and he’d be a cat b rookie.

He is years away from failing ... Cricket has gained some traction back with the 20/20 money.

How did he lower his price.? Reportedly wanted a mill, no1 bit @ that and you would rightly smash the club if they did.

“So the deal was dead in the water until Crouch and his management on the final weekend before the trade period finished went back to the Suns hat in hand and lowered their asking price significantly.

“We’re talking about hundreds of thousands of dollars per year difference.

“That is how much he wanted to get out of Adelaide and that’s how much he wanted a long-term six-year deal.

Gone off Bianco. His contested possession ratio was unbelievably low for a TAC cup player. He played in a red hot team and got a lot of “cheap” kicks. I’ve never been more of the view that the modern game dictates that contested ball players that kick (like Danger as opposed to Cripps who’s a handballer) will have below ave disposal efficiency but are of absolutely no lesser value. At Bianco’s height I’m not sure that a game style built around that playing through the midfield will succeed. Best you could hope for would be a Laird like player who rebounds. I think he will slide well into the 20s
I'm with you on that, give me Robertson or C. Stephens anyway. Worpel just won the hawks BnF

“So the deal was dead in the water until Crouch and his management on the final weekend before the trade period finished went back to the Suns hat in hand and lowered their asking price significantly.

“We’re talking about hundreds of thousands of dollars per year difference.

“That is how much he wanted to get out of Adelaide and that’s how much he wanted a long-term six-year deal.
That's really sad for the Crows, Crouch doesn't want to be there.

For myself, he can stay and suck it up. Ade has supported him thru injuries & I've actually liked his bro more on exposed form.

I’m warming to McAsey. I see the Naughton similarities, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and he won the Vic Metro MVP ahead of Rowell and Anderson. I wouldn’t be upset if we selected him.
Hasn't McAsey only really played as a defender? If we're looking to develop him as a forward then that seems risky. I get kind of a Bailey Williams vibe from last year where he's hyped because he's the best of his type in the draft but in reality he's actually just the only one

Hasn't McAsey only really played as a defender? If we're looking to develop him as a forward then that seems risky. I get kind of a Bailey Williams vibe from last year where he's hyped because he's the best of his type in the draft but in reality he's actually just the only one
Have you watched the U18 games this season.? McAsey has played multiple positions.

Which possie do you think is his forte.?

Electric or Eclectic.? He is a bit bigger than De Goey but if you are comparing him (Bergman) there, I want him!
I think they are about the same height @ 188cm, but Bergman needs to put on some more bulk. I think some websites are reporting that DeGoey had grown to 191cm though.

I read that DeGoey was averaging 11 marks per game at U18, and a bucket load of contested marks in there too.
Bergman is pretty good in the air, but clunking a modest 5.5 marks per game by comparison.

I think they are about the same height @ 188cm, but Bergman needs to put on some more bulk. I think some websites are reporting that DeGoey had grown to 191cm though.

I read that DeGoey was averaging 11 marks per game at U18, and a bucket load of contested marks in there too.
Bergman is pretty good in the air, but clunking a modest 5.5 marks per game by comparison.
Not gonna argue with that. Haven't seen enough of Bergman but pretty much over Geelong taking players on projected potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a reason he went at 5 ..and Bergman has come with a rush. No good getting to narrow in our focus he may end up at Haw or Rich or something

That's really sad for the Crows, Crouch doesn't want to be there.

For myself, he can stay and suck it up. Ade has supported him thru injuries & I've actually liked his bro more on exposed form.
Im all for players finishing what they signed for.but at years end he is a FA.. Id hope we have a look...

No, McAsey played more down back than forward, but he played forward. Bailey Williams was clearly overrated last year. The only reason his numbers looked decent was because he was 199cm and 100kg playing against 17 and 18 year olds. Unfair comparison imo.

No, McAsey played more down back than forward, but he played forward. Bailey Williams was clearly overrated last year. The only reason his numbers looked decent was because he was 199cm and 100kg playing against 17 and 18 year olds. Unfair comparison imo.
Still, Bailey Williams is probably going to be better than say Charlie Comben in this year's draft...

Thought it would be interesting and fun to have a look at one of the bigfooty mock draft write ups of one J selwood at pick 6 to the hawks from one of the more knowledgeable and respectable draft posters at the time.. And knightmares was very similar write up.

6. Joel Selwood (Hawthorn). Selwood is a high-possession running player similar to Shane Crawford. He doesn’t have pure leg speed and his kicking can be hit and miss. He gets teams going forward and can be sharp in tight spaces. Very good a metre or two off the pack. A genuine playmaker and a good choice to put in the centre between wingmen Ellis and Muston. A year-long knee injury may see his value drop, but not too far. Has good leadership qualities.

Just goes to show... What under 18 players are classified as and rated is very often VERY far off the mark when they actually get to AFL....

And That all of these next michael voss and nathan buckley and nick riewoldt write ups... Half of them barely end up cutting it at VFL let alone that level...

Then you get apparently an outside midfielder with average kicking skills who plays like shane crawford becoming one of the greatest inside bull midfielders of all time...

Funny how it all works once its all done and dusted

In this draft there are players of that type available. Could go C. Stephens with 17 and best available with 14 if Dev doesn't slide through

True..i think Dev is a much better player with less risk than Cooper though which is the talent dropoff from 12ish onwards that i am referring to.

Im all for players finishing what they signed for.but at years end he is a FA.. Id hope we have a look...

Agreed depending on what $ he wants and his durability.

Someone will and it may depend on who Freo like . One would think they draft him

I agree freo carl and haw would be pretty likely to take him if sydney dont.

Just for shits and giggles I put together a quick retrospective team if we got the best available player in hindsight from 2007 to now.

Not a bad little team.

B - Stewart Blicavs Isaac Smith (Smedts 2010)

HB - James Sicily (Walker 2011) Jake Lever (Cockatoo 2014) Duncan

C - Zac Merrett (Lang 2013) Selwood Brad Hill (Hamling 2011)

HF - Luke Parker (Norlin-Smith 2010) Ben Brown (Jansen 2013) Lachie Neale (Murdoch 2011)

F - Ablett Hawkins Michael Walters (Hunt 2007)

R - Brodie Grundy (Thurlow 2012) Dangerfield Nathan Fyfe (Menzel 2009)

Int - Rory Sloane (Motlop 2008) Luke Shuey (Brown 2008) Jack Stevens (Simpson 2007) Taylor

Emerg - Clark Parfitt Menegola Guthrie

#wouldacouldashoulda

Just for shits and giggles I put together a quick retrospective team if we got the best available player in hindsight from 2007 to now.

Not a bad little team.

B - Stewart Blicavs Isaac Smith (Smedts 2010)

HB - James Sicily (Walker 2011) Jake Lever (Cockatoo 2014) Duncan

C - Zac Merrett (Lang 2013) Selwood Brad Hill (Hamling 2011)

HF - Luke Parker (Norlin-Smith 2010) Ben Brown (Jansen 2013) Lachie Neale (Murdoch 2011)

F - Ablett Hawkins Michael Walters (Hunt 2007)

R - Brodie Grundy (Thurlow 2012) Dangerfield Nathan Fyfe (Menzel 2009)

Int - Rory Sloane (Motlop 2008) Luke Shuey (Brown 2008) Jack Stevens (Simpson 2007) Taylor

Emerg - Clark Parfitt Menegola Guthrie

#wouldacouldashoulda
Grundy was the main one. Shocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back