Rumour GFC 2020 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are serious about them all but we want Cameron mainly. Until Finlayson signed I thought we would only get crouch but I think Cameron might still be possible.

Some side trade with Essendon is possible if we won't pay daniher band 1 money.

So in order of preference ... ?

Cameron
Crouch
Daniher
Viney
..and then others ....

Order of likelihood. ?

Crouch
Daniher
Cameron
Viney
?

A bit more low profile than these free agents being discussed. But if we are looking at some key defensive cover. Sam Durdin could be a low cost option. He’s 198cms and 24 who will likely leave the roos. Just been picked to play tomorrow night so teams can have a look at him.

Unless the afl dodgy the compo as with frawley daniher can't get band 1 or can crouch unless they get 5 years on 700k or more without injury protection clauses which club's won't risk on their injury records so they will get pick 20 compo at best. Only Cameron will get a band 1 level offer as he is durable.

what do we agree is band1 dollars... 700..? It needs to get into that top5% for FA age players. ... so how many players are 25 plus in the league and the top 5% ... who knows ... its a system ripe for afl dodgy jam

I think we are serious about them all but we want Cameron mainly. Until Finlayson signed I thought we would only get crouch but I think Cameron might still be possible.

Some side trade with Essendon is possible if we won't pay daniher band 1 money.

Finlayson for 3-years is odd. He appeared to be seemingly getting pushed out due to their cap issues, now they've re-signed him on a decent contract. I think Cameron might be gone, hence the reason they've signed Finlayson for 3-years. I might be clutching at straws, but it seems strange to me.

A bit more low profile than these free agents being discussed. But if we are looking at some key defensive cover. Sam Durdin could be a low cost option. He’s 198cms and 24 who will likely leave the roos. Just been picked to play tomorrow night so teams can have a look at him.

not sure if he is the one ..but something like him would be worth a look if we need to add to our def stocks

I don't think it's so much that he'd want 2 of our current first round picks, but more that he'd be requesting pick 11 and that we then find a top 10 pick to accompany that - so essentially we then turn our 2 later first round picks into a single higher picks, or trade a combination of pick & player/s to get it done

The question then becomes how much would we be willing to pay

Yep, you're dead right, that's exactly what he'd demand. There is no way I'd be happy to trade two firsts let alone having to try and upgrade of of our later firsts to a top 10 pick. The last few years show how hard it is to get into the top 10, very few clubs are willing to give up a top 10 pick, and if they are, they want the world for it.

Personally, I can't see Wells wanting to get into trade discussions with Dodoro given Dodoro's history and unrealistic expectations. I think what makes an injury plagued Daniher appealing for us, is simply his status as a RFA, but I could be wrong..

Buddy's deal is backended til 2022 I doubt they can afford Cameron hence they want daniher.
IMO their cap is probably still f’ed, before the cap is adjusted next year he was meant to be on 1.5 million, and a million the year after.
Won't be able to front load contracts like most teams in their position can.
Remember they got Buddy paying him $700k in the early years. They’ll be looking to do similar with their next big fish if the contract overlaps with Buddy’s, then ratcheting up the big dollars for after Buddy’s departure.

Remember they got Buddy paying him $700k in the early years. They’ll be looking to do similar with their next big fish if the contract overlaps with Buddy’s, then ratcheting up the big dollars for after Buddy’s departure.

I mean that's true but they would have to backend a deal and club's will be reluctant to backend a lot until they know how much the cap is reducing by. Hence why I think they want daniher on less salary and not Cameron.

They had enough room to have serious ping at Daniher last year ... cant be to far beyond their ability to pay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, you're dead right, that's exactly what he'd demand. There is no way I'd be happy to trade two firsts let alone having to try and upgrade of of our later firsts to a top 10 pick. The last few years show how hard it is to get into the top 10, very few clubs are willing to give up a top 10 pick, and if they are, they want the world for it.

Personally, I can't see Wells wanting to get into trade discussions with Dodoro given Dodoro's history and unrealistic expectations. I think what makes an injury plagued Daniher appealing for us, is simply his status as a RFA, but I could be wrong..

I'd trade one first and a fringe player (say constable) but that's about it.

They had enough room to have serious ping at Daniher last year ... cant be to far beyond their ability to pay

Daniher would come on a lot lower selary than Cameron.

I know its stupid but I am doubtful that we are going to get Joe Daniher, but him moving to Daylesford might give us a small chance.
By all reports he loves living out of Melbourne, so maybe that gives us a chance as its not far to Geelong...

I agree he would want Sydney Geelong or maybe Brisbane as he likes the quiet life..not a big Melb club.

Finlayson for 3-years is odd. He appeared to be seemingly getting pushed out due to their cap issues, now they've re-signed him on a decent contract. I think Cameron might be gone, hence the reason they've signed Finlayson for 3-years. I might be clutching at straws, but it seems strange to me.

I agree..it doesn't seem smart management to pay good cap $ to all of Cameron himmelbwrg Finlayson and Riccardi when they have other list needs..3 of them is enough.

Yeah agreed. A first and a Constable or Narkle type. I'm tipping they wouldn't be interested in your Parsons and Zuthries, but Constable or Narkle could appeal.

Parsons won't be on a list next year imo and I think zuthrie will hang in here but constable especially and Narkle fit their needs. If either player wanted to go there it's possible we might let them go for some rubbish 4th rounder that we won't use if they agree not to match daniher..or some other form of side trade. There are options but I wouldn't overpay.

what do we agree is band1 dollars... 700..? It needs to get into that top5% for FA age players. ... so how many players are 25 plus in the league and the top 5% ... who knows ... its a system ripe for afl dodgy jam

It's hard to know because we don't know how the cap reduction changes the formula. But on current formula it's minimum 700k for 5 Years to get band 1.

Parsons won't be on a list next year imo and I think zuthrie will hang in here but constable especially and Narkle fit their needs. If either player wanted to go there it's possible we might let them go for some rubbish 4th rounder that we won't use if they agree not to match daniher..or some other form of side trade. There are options but I wouldn't overpay.

How heavily scrutinised would these side deals be? I mean Ken Wood scrutiny, would we be able to get something like that through without raising suspicion?

So in order of preference ... ?

Cameron
Crouch
Daniher
Viney
..and then others ....

Order of likelihood. ?

Crouch
Daniher
Cameron
Viney
?

For me we need key forwards then run and carry so preference:
Cameron (Durable)
Daniher
Williams
Crouch
Viney

Order of likelihood
Crouch (bottom 2 club danger connection)
Cameron (chasing him a while likes anonymity)
Daniher (if we can turn his head from sydney)
Viney (we love leaders)
Williams (would take cash that we are unlikely to pay).

How heavily scrutinised would these side deals be? I mean Ken Wood scrutiny, would we be able to get something like that through without raising suspicion?

I mean you can't trade a best 22 player for a nothing pick but a fringe player you can.
Remember that year north traded Delaney for 77 so stkilds didn't match dal. You could also use pick swaps that benefit both sides if needed to get it past ken wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back