Traded Izak Rankine traded to Adelaide with #46 & F4 (Freo) for #5, F3 & F4

Remove this Banner Ad

If he does go to Adelaide (it seems a great deal for him) - Adelaide will need an ‘elite-standards driver’.

Izak is an incredible ‘love of the game type’. ‘Take the torp from 60’, ‘Wrong foot banana from the opposite pocket’, or ‘back-heel off hands in the goal square’ as you might not get the chance to try again!
A JHF/ Sam Walsh type would have to high in the shopping list if Izak goes to complement his infectious love out the outrageous.

Going to be fascinating to see how this plays out.

Izak Rankine for Pick 4 sounds fair.

If Rankine goes into the draft, 100% certain North or West Coast grab him.

If the Crows want get smug and try lowball the Suns with an unders offer for Rankine, it will end in tears for Adelaide.

Would love to see North Gazzump the Crows and take Rankine in the PSD. A nice slice of revenge for Adelaide trying to poach JH-F ever since he was drafted.

And who knows ? Maybe there will be more explosive revelations from the Crows Camp fallout that will deter Rankine from joining Adelaide.

The Crows bargaining position is nowhere as strong as some of their fans here think

I’m sure you were fine with the Jack Martin situation? I bet you were slamming Gold Coast for not taking the offer

Meh, Martin wasn't the player we all thought he would be, would have preferred a trade happen with Gold Coast, the whole situation they year was muddled up with the Joe Daniher and Papley Swans saga

Playing devil's advocate Adelaide are pretty desperate as a lot of their drafted talent have not developed very good.

Not the worst contract offered he is 22 at worst he becomes a 650-700k player by the end of it and they lose a little value.
Spot on, many of our first rounders have become second rounder quality, we desperately need high end talent to go with our workman like team.

If Rankine goes into the draft, 100% certain North or West Coast grab him.

If the Crows want get smug and try lowball the Suns with an unders offer for Rankine, it will end in tears for Adelaide.

Would love to see North Gazzump the Crows and take Rankine in the PSD. A nice slice of revenge for Adelaide trying to poach JH-F ever since he was drafted.

And who knows ? Maybe there will be more explosive revelations from the Crows Camp fallout that will deter Rankine from joining Adelaide.

The Crows bargaining position is nowhere as strong as some of their fans here think
Interesting stuff. You do realise IF it came to a send him to the draft situation, it would be the national draft, not the preseason draft where north could do that without burning pick 1. Now do you think north take a guy that wants to be in Adelaide if he has left GC OR do you think they might grab Wardlaw or Tsatsas or Busslinger - all local lads at the very top end of the national draft.

No, I would guarantee you if the Rankine slapped a huge front ended contract on his head and went to the national draft with the crows having pick 4 or 5 or 6, he 100% gets to them. Now its all a totally moot point because GC would not be allowing him to go there by forgoing pick 4 that they could use at the draft OR look to try and trade for a player. Thats insanity. You might do that with a guy that is rated at the back end of the draft on a lower pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting stuff. You do realise IF it came to a send him to the draft situation, it would be the national draft, not the preseason draft where north could do that without burning pick 1. Now do you think north take a guy that wants to be in Adelaide if he has left GC OR do you think they might grab Wardlaw or Tsatsas or Busslinger - all local lads at the very top end of the national draft.

No, I would guarantee you if the Rankine slapped a huge front ended contract on his head and went to the national draft with the crows having pick 4 or 5 or 6, he 100% gets to them. Now its all a totally moot point because GC would not be allowing him to go there by forgoing pick 4 that they could use at the draft OR look to try and trade for a player. Thats insanity. You might do that with a guy that is rated at the back end of the draft on a lower pick

Said it elsewhere that the AFL have closed the loop hole where players can put a financial request nominating for the National Draft.

And if even that happened, Crows would have to use their pick 4 on him anyway, so you may as well trade that to Gold Coast, with the Suns throwing back a pick your way (late teens ish) to make it more equitable.

Would he surprised if you can get him without giving up pick 4, but time will tell i guess.

Said it elsewhere that the AFL have closed the loop hole where players can put a financial request nominating for the National Draft.

And if even that happened, Crows would have to use their pick 4 on him anyway, so you may as well trade that to Gold Coast, with the Suns throwing back a pick your way (late teens ish) to make it more equitable.

Would he surprised if you can get him without giving up pick 4, but time will tell i guess.
link as I have not seen that?

The whole point of this is if GC refused to take pick 4 in a trade scenario if it was put on the table, Rankine could still get to the crows at a maximum cost of pick 4 via the national draft if that was his preference and not to stay on GC.

The team receiving any player obviously wants to give up less and the team losing a player wants more that’s just the way it is.
Suns will want pick 4 and Crows probably won’t want to give it up, I’d try to trade our 2023 first into this year and trade it to the suns.

A straight swap for pick 4 will be the best it will get. I think the crows would offer that up. There won't be anything else.
Adelaide could get him in the PSD for nothing if GC are stupid about it.

800k for him seems a bit desperate. He is the cream not the cake.
it's about what we put on the table for him 12 months ago.

Cost of doing business to pry a potential star out of an existing club.

The team receiving any player obviously wants to give up less and the team losing a player wants more that’s just the way it is.
Suns will want pick 4 and Crows probably won’t want to give it up, I’d try to trade our 2023 first into this year and trade it to the suns.

Suns will want alot more then pick 4. Crows giving up pick 4 will be the compromise not goldcoasts starting point.

What do you base that on? Literally every report says it’s 800k per season.
What do they base that off? One person has said it, and the rest have just copied.

The reports say "up to" 800k. Not 800k.
Bombers offer appears to have been the most, followed by Adeaides, than GCs.
Logic would dictate it's around 700k, with GCs rumoured to be 600-650k.

Dawson was uncontacted, as Rankine is, is a better player, and went for pick 17.
There's no way pick 4 is given up unless it involves a fair amount coming back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back