List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2022 superstar edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players -

The question remains, even if we do want him how do we get him?
I guess we could Ebert Melbourne with the PSD threat but it's not how we usually play.

We owe Melbourne after they had convinced Peter Matera to move to them in the 1997 PSD! Lucky he changed his mind!

(Yeah I got nothing, scraping the bottom of the barrel here)

I guess we could Ebert Melbourne with the PSD threat but it's not how we usually play.
What do you think he is worth? I don't know how I'd feel about trading pick 2 out for Jackson, but if we could trade next years first to get back into the top 5 this year I wouldn't be super upset.

What do you think he is worth? I don't know how I'd feel about trading pick 2 out for Jackson, but if we could trade next years first to get back into the top 5 this year I wouldn't be super upset.
I hope we don't trade pick 2 for him but that's probably his value and maybe then some. Then again I'd rather we used pick 2 in a trade for Luke Jackson than use it on a tall defender.

If only he was 2-3 years younger. ;) :think: :rainbow: :cool:

tick.....

tick.....................

Probably not surprising he’s leaving North now since he was moved on from Hawthorn by Clarkson

I hope we don't trade pick 2 for him but that's probably his value and maybe then some. Then again I'd rather we used pick 2 in a trade for Luke Jackson than use it on a tall defender.
I think we'll definitely have to split our pick to make it happen without losing a necessary first round pick this year.
Pick 2 for Picks 5 and 12 could net us Jackson and Hewett/Mackenzie.
If we did get something like picks 5 and 7 for pick 2 and 2nd rounder 2023 we could end up with Jackson and Phillipou, or play hardball and only offer Melbourne pick 7 (which is still likely better than what Fremantle can offer) and keep pick 5 for ourselves.

Last edited:
Y'all focused on Jacksons hieght and can he play forward or ruck. Or if he can play as a number one ruck (the answer is yes btw, he destroyed Big O and Darcy Fort in our first match up this year when Gawn missed through injury). If you listen to Jackson, he wants to play midfield, as a big bodied mid.

You got Darcy about to jump at centre bounce and Jackson set up as the defensive side midfielder.

Still can’t believe Norf gifted Richmond one of the most important picks of the draft for that spud Coleman-Jones
supernatural-spn.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never heard that one. Where did you?

I guessed tbh

Quick search reveals that he was contracted for 2016 but asked to be traded at the end of 2015 in pursuit of more opportunity

Either way, Clarkson maybe not a fan

Y'all focused on Jacksons hieght and can he play forward or ruck. Or if he can play as a number one ruck (the answer is yes btw, he destroyed Big O and Darcy Fort in our first match up this year when Gawn missed through injury). If you listen to Jackson, he wants to play midfield, as a big bodied mid.

You got Darcy about to jump at centre bounce and Jackson set up as the defensive side midfielder.
Extended midfield time isn't likely to happen. Doesn't have the endurance for such a role and would be competing with more prolific and IMHO better users of the ball at Freo.
He's not a great forward either. It's first ruck or bust for me (perhaps a tall intercept defender? I doubt it, but sillier role changes have occurred before).

Jackson to the midfield would become the new Darling to the midfield on this board

Naitanui was trialled in the midfield with Cox so he’d be able to give Luke a few pointers on that as well as rucking

PS : I’m not really being serious

Still can’t believe Norf gifted Richmond one of the most important picks of the draft for that spud Coleman-Jones
Not to mention having Pick 1 in the PSD.

I guess nice guys (or being them) do finish last. lel.

No it's not obvious.

Edwards is 21 year old, 200+cm defender with a sticky set of hands. He's got a better kick than Bazzo as well.

Hopefully Bazzo develops into a different type because Edwards is on the same trajectory as a McGovern or Barrass.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Bazzo has pace and agility on his side .

Yes Edwards has a great set of mits and great kick but is a bit of a plodder with a large turning circle

Yes Edwards has a great set of mits and great kick but is a bit of a plodder with a large turning circle

Honestly, I’m not sure if I’m the only one but does anyone else have no clue how they feel about Harry Edwards? I’m not talking about whether you think he’s good or not good, but just like what type of defender is he even meant to be? He’s a confusing player for me, but maybe I’m on my own on this take lol

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Honestly, I’m not sure if I’m the only one but does anyone else have no clue how they feel about Harry Edwards? I’m not talking about whether you think he’s good or not good, but just like what type of defender is he even meant to be? He’s a confusing player for me, but maybe I’m on my own on this take lol

Ive mentioned several times ithas been painful at times watching Harry develop this season. Then again standing in front of the sunami of oppositions inside 50's this season wasnt much fun for him.

He can look slow of mind and body at times. Get's lost and his opponent takes marks unopposed. Looks much better further away from the goals as a defender imo.

He is still young, can take a nice mark and kicking is solid. Just hope he keeps improving.

Just to put Edwards into perspective, he's 21 this year turning 22 in October.
McGovern played his first game for us a couple of weeks after he turned 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back