Autopsy Dogs def Norf 107-106

Remove this Banner Ad

You were deserved winners no doubt, but legit how do you guys feel about the umpiring? Or are you so used to it now that it doesn't even register?

The Illegal block against the North player when Brown took the mark was the correct call.

Despite the margin I thought we played ok for three quarters. Wasted a lot of opportunity. We never have been a side that knows how to bury teams. Scoreboard flattered North. They are becoming junk time warriors. Lots of Shinboner spirit when the game is all but done. Did same last week.

I agree Honey did well early. But folks, 0.6 in 2 games from a small forward. Just not up to standard ( sorry to the dreamers). Dickson needs a break. Soft as. Suckling too. Has too much an aversion to physical contact.

BTC had a great game which concerns me. Goldy is so cooked it's not funny, so I'd not place too much hope on a continuation of that form, and BTC likely to spud it up next week. Makes it hard to figure out what we do next with BTC, Rough, Toyd and Red. Think there is only room for 3.

Some folks tough on the Rough I thought. Hasn't payed as a back for a while and saved a number of advances ( especially high balls which normally catch us out). He filled a need for the match ups in this game only. Roberts will get back next week.

My boy Dale slowly becoming very relevant to this teams future.

7-6 now, winnable next week, and at 8-6 talk will return to Top 4 chances. Fickle footy followers.

Getting tired of umpire bashing actually. Adelaide won free kick count 25-13 , Hawks still won on Thursday.
Last night WC won free kick count 27 -16 and lost.
Watched the game last night, saw about 5 or 6 decisions which looked to me as the wrong call but in the end Dogs were good value for their win. They did just enough.

You were deserved winners no doubt, but legit how do you guys feel about the umpiring? Or are you so used to it now that it doesn't even register?

North always play undisciplined footy against us. We've been under your skin the last few years and it shows, e.g. Spud's faux tough guy embarrassing efforts last year, Thomas likewise, Ziebell sniping, etc.

Brad Scott 4-16 in games decided by a goal or less, Beveridge 9-2. Legit how do you guys feel about being proven chokers under Brad? Or are you so used to it now that it doesn't even register and you just blame the umpires every time?

guys does anyone know where the dogs are ranked for scores from forward half turn over?
it seems we dont generate enough tbh

and the lack of pressure on the ball carrier particularly on the rebound and corridor run, we struggle to keep up and lay a finger on them.
Im not sure why, but are we possibly the slowest team in the comp?

Just watched it - it was jarrad waite. He legit ran 25 meters without bouncing it too, won't hear about that from the norfies.

Also Ben brownz mark when Easton was in front and had hands to it? Another gift.
Whoaaa hang on there mate. Don't start looking at the full picture there now. Just like the grand final, it's only about the final free kick count. Not the legitimacy of each call and non call. It's purely about the count. Pull your head in. Otherwise teams won't have a means to sook about our success

Watched the last two minutes again and I have come to the conclusion that it is now a battle of 2 for the shittest AFL commentator in the AFL: Zempilas (obviously) vs Ricciuto.

Let me make my point (just one example of many from last night) - Jake marks with 50 seconds remaining, tight angle, kicking from 50, scores level, please Jakey, for the mother of sweet-Lordy just kick a score, we can defend the last 25 seconds no dramas. The Package kicked a point, sweet.

Ricciuto: 'Oh, that is the worst possible result for the bulldogs' (North get possession of the ball).

Hudson: 'Well, at the least they are in front Roo....'

At seems that for every drooler (Ricciuto) they need a commentator of competence to clean up after them.

Who is worse? Zempilas vs Ricciuto? I vote Roo.

Last edited:
Watched the last two minutes again and I have come to the conclusion that it is now a battle of 2 for the shittest AFL commentator in the AFL: Zempilas (obviously) vs Ricciuto.

Let me make my point (just one example of many from last night) - Jake marks with 50 seconds remaining, tight angle, kicking from 50, scores level, please Jakey, for the mother of sweet-Lordy just kick a score, we can defend the last 25 seconds no dramas. The Package kicked a point, sweet.

Ricciuto: 'Oh, that is the work possible result for the bulldogs' (North get possession of the ball).

At seems that for every drooler (Ricciuto) they need a commentator of competence to clean up after them.

Roo for sure. How that brain dead idiot functions as anything but a bollard is beyond me.

Had to sit on level 3 next to the biggest Norf flogs. Took every effort not to belt the living suitcase out of them.

Although we looked improved for the most part...it is North Melbourne. They're 17th.

My notes:

- Dickson unfortunately is not up to it any more. I don't think he'll find his form either, his speed is just not up to AFL level.

- I'm convinced Bont is carrying an injury. He was great with clearances but went at under 70% eff. You can just see it with his movement that something's not right.

- Campbell should be our #1 ruckman, I've said this many times before. It causes a bit of a selection issue when Toms back though, at this stage I'd play Boyd and Campbell over Roughy.

- Suckling needs to get booted to the VFL. Enough is enough. That goal will probably save him but he directly cost us 3. He's of absolutely no use to this side, especially in the back 6 where he can't apply a modicum of pressure.

- Pickens handles are incredible

- Shiggsys run, 17 minutes into the 3rd I believe, to make that spoil was probably the highlight of the night for me

Sorry - did you really think McLean on the ball didnt work? You're surely being sarcastic.

Watch the replay - McLean was huge and effectively replaced Jong.
We've just found a new contested ball beast and you say it didn't work. He was great. Rarely makes an error - caused great pressure and is a quick thinker

Bet you he scores well in the Ching voting too.

Fair enough will do that.

But I thought at centre square restarts he looked completely lost particularly in the 4th. That's what I was referring to.

I'm going to say something that may be unpopular. But I am getting very worried about Morris.

He tried his heart out tonight like he always does. And had some very important spoils, as always. But he is getting fended off a LOT these days. Opposition players are starting to get through his tackles (although that tackle he stuck in the middle of the ground for a holding the ball was a thing of beauty). And he is looking a fair bit slower to me this year than he did last year. It's becoming an issue.

This is clearly his last year. But I'm worried IF we get to the finals, when things step up a notch he could even become a liability THIS year. God I hope Collins is ready to step up soon. Cause we could be very exposed when he's gone. And he looks mighty close to me.

Sorry mate, you are of course entitled to your option. But I can't believe you actually believe that? He was so good again last night. Without him I think we would have lost the game. I also hope Collins becomes a player eventually, but you can't put him in Moz's stratosphere by any stretch right now. If you were at the game, I'm even more surprised by your comments, if you watched on TV perhaps you missed some things?

Last edited:
After last year's success, our opposition all load the corridor against us. Loved the last scoring play, three possessions all along the boundary as they clogged the middle of the ground.

Obvious again that they are waiting at the front of packs for our punch from a marking contest in our D50, so often they had three players there and gained possession.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ricciuto: 'Oh, that is the work possible result for the bulldogs' (North get possession of the ball).

he is nothing than a flog ex crow
he shouldnt be anywhere near a com box

Hate to say it but I also see some worrying signs with Morris. Hope no one jumps down my throat, I love him too.

Also pretty worried with Roughead, hasn't won the ruck once this year and is too slow to be a key defender.

Zanie on the other hand needs to stay in every week, pending his injury.

We still look a mile off it.

Good games from Stringer and Bont.

Redpath makes our forward structure much better.

If Campbell can convert his shots on goal Boyd may not get a look in for a while.

Tarrant has had a field day against us in some previous games but his intercept marking was not noticeable to my old eyes last night. Kudos to Big Red for applying the pressure.

OK, I love the Red story and am biased but he has done so well, ever since that pies tackle the bulldog in him has been there for all to see. Another two goals too.

Also don't want to hear about the umpiring - Stringer gets a 50m penalty for getting whacked in the head about 5000 seconds after he marked it (as he should), he doesn't miss that shot and North don't get close.
Love how the Norf cheer squad booed him for reacting to being whacked in the head too as if he made it up. Tools.

I'm glad we got the win. May not have been by 10 goals like everyone was hoping for, but I back us to be West Coast at Etihad next week which will get us right back up into the thick of things and hopefully that builds our momentum and builds confidence.

Unfortunately through poor goal kicking and some unbelievable poor field kicking leading directly to turnovers and goals we kept you in the game when we should have been 50 pts in front. It kept it closer than it should have been given all the main stat indicators especially earlier in the game we're well in our favour. So you can pull out one element and make a big deal out if it, why not do the same with hit outs? BTC who you prob don't even know beat Goldstein in hit outs and hit the scoreboard. Despite your massive height advantage you marked the ball inside 50 just 12 times. We marked it 21 times inside ours. Contested possessions, 148 to 133.

I could go on. Maybe instead of focusing on the umps, perhaps look a bit closer to home and look at the things your side didn't do and the real reason you lost was because you weren't good enough last night. Stats told us that.

I'm going to say something that may be unpopular. But I am getting very worried about Morris.

He tried his heart out tonight like he always does. And had some very important spoils, as always. But he is getting fended off a LOT these days. Opposition players are starting to get through his tackles (although that tackle he stuck in the middle of the ground for a holding the ball was a thing of beauty). And he is looking a fair bit slower to me this year than he did last year. It's becoming an issue.

This is clearly his last year. But I'm worried IF we get to the finals, when things step up a notch he could even become a liability THIS year. God I hope Collins is ready to step up soon. Cause we could be very exposed when he's gone. And he looks mighty close to me.

It gives me physical pain to agree with you.
I am hoping his interrupted year is taking its toll , and he will find his feet again.
the thought of no Moz gives me nightmares.
He is like the Hawk to me , I just want him to play on forever.

Well done to Bevo on making some required changes we could all see. I think finally he let go of some of his stubbornness.
Bont is our best midfielder...he played most of the night there and BOG.
Picken is our best small forward...he played most of the night there.....best game in 2017.
Hunter is our best wingman....he player most of the night there....don't see him get caught out having to defend a key forward once.
While we still weren't great, our structure was a lot better.
Stringer is a lot better playing up higher and is allowed to do that with Redpath in the team.

Maybe I wasn't paying attention enough but I didn't see this shocker Morris apparently played. I did notice some epic saves though like that tap to Daniel that led to Stringers goal - was truly eipc.

Can not understand complaints about Mclean either - he was fantastic!

Some hard task masters on here!

I actually thought we played pretty well until the last 15 mintues.

Sorry mate, you are of course entitled to your option. But I can't believe you actually believe that? He was so good again tonight. Without him I think we wouldn't have lost the game. I also hope Collins becomes a player eventually, but you can't put him in Moz's stratosphere by any stretch right now. If you were at the game, I'm even more surprised by your comments, if you watched on TV perhaps you missed some things?

First half Morris made at least four bad mistakes that lead to North scoring, second half was good. Just not the Morris of old that we all love, respect and have the greatest expectations of his performance. I think father time is catching up with him.

Wow I never would have thought the herald sun could become more of a joke....but they have thanks to Sam Edmund. His article specifically calling out the umpiring as in our favour and why north lost saying they were hard done by. His two primary examples....Higgins taking 37 seconds to line up for goals and Ben Brown being denied a goal because of an illegal block. Sam you are a pathetic excuse for a scumbag journo. Do you have any idea on the rules of the game? Calling out two examples of umpiring decisions that were CORRECTLY CALLED.

Brad Scott also had a massive sook saying some common sense should be applied to the Higgins call. That it's "hard to hear". Brad you nitwit, Stringer heard it from further away. Do you think your players should be entitled to some special treatment because they are halfwits!? I'd love to have heard what he would have said if the positions were reversed. He also made mention a few times that the umpiring was out of control. I am absolutely gobsmacked at how common sense has flown out the window in the AFL world. How people honestly think free kick counts should be even just because is a laugh. Do people honestly think the AFL has this grand conspiracy to give us free kicks all the time? No it's because we play the fairest and are often first to the ball. It's always laughable the reactions from your typical BF poster. But the reactions from Sam and Brad are just a new low

Actually no it's not a new low. They've been pathetic for a while now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back