Preview Second Preliminary-Final - Richmond v GWS Giants, Saturday, September 23, MCG, 4.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unchanged. Great move. Small quick team. We know what worked last week, and they need consistency now. Hopefully 3 unchanged games in a row

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I completely got the need for stability thing. I'm worried our biggest problem is the horse could be a couple if miles down the road already.
:)But you beleive, turn up, cheer and hope. What else is there to do.

As for the QF last year as long as they have the courage and confidence to take risks and run the ball. If we go down, go down swinging and I'm fine with the year. It really has been an Annus Horribilis and we're in the final four whatever happens.

Speaking of jumper clashes....

Why is it that ours and Richmonds jumpers only clash at the MCG. When we play at Spotless there appears to be no clash with both sides wearing their traditional home jumper.

Odd that the clash only happens at their home ground...
Could it be because of tv and being a final? I mean, the regular season match up they might have let slide due to not expecting interest outside of the two teams playing but being a final with national appeal could be the deciding factor where they don't want to take any chances on viewer confusion. Just a thought.

Good luck Giants . Don't let tigers play as they like too , they will take the skill out of it , low scoring scrappy game. Get the ball on the outside and run em , scoreboard pressure will beat them

Good luck Giants . Don't let tigers play as they like too , they will take the skill out of it , low scoring scrappy game. Get the ball on the outside and run em , scoreboard pressure will beat them
:pOr there's always next year.
But I like your thinkin

Happy enough with the side being unchanged, just need to bring the skill on the day. If Leon makes a tactical change at last minute, that's fine too - in the end he and the team on the paddock have to carry the day. We're good enough to win the game, but so too are the Tigers on their day, so it comes down to what is brought on the field.

Happy enough with the side being unchanged, just need to bring the skill on the day. If Leon makes a tactical change at last minute, that's fine too - in the end he and the team on the paddock have to carry the day. We're good enough to win the game, but so too are the Tigers on their day, so it comes down to what is brought on the field.

I have this gut feeling that there will be a late change with Devon Smith coming in (no inside info, and based on absolutely nothing)

Unchanged. Great move. Small quick team. We know what worked last week, and they need consistency now. Hopefully 3 unchanged games in a row
Hard to believe Stevie J could be up for 3 games in a row and be able to contribute 100%.
For that reason I still sense come Saturday every chance he steps aside and Devon Smith comes in as long as he passes fitness test himself. Least then Stevie J can prepare himself to be fully ready to go for grand final.

If he plays this week and they through to grand final, then that is asking himself 3 weeks in a row which has been his challenge all year for his body. Too much I sense. Skip the prelim seems the smarter move.

How do you guys think the GWS boys will handle the MCG with 98,000 people having only played for 1 win there ?
Richmond are pretty used to it (not a prelim) with Games against Carlton,Collingwood,Bombers,Hawks,Cats
we probably have played in 4-5 games with over 80,000 this year

Also is there a clear matchup for Dusty & Cotchin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you guys think the GWS boys will handle the MCG with 98,000 people having only played for 1 win there ?
Richmond are pretty used to it (not a prelim) with Games against Carlton,Collingwood,Bombers,Hawks,Cats

We probably wont turn up because Richmond are so scary.

Hard to believe Stevie J could be up for 3 games in a row and be able to contribute 100%.
For that reason I still sense come Saturday every chance he steps aside and Devon Smith comes in as long as he passes fitness test himself. Least then Stevie J can prepare himself to be fully ready to go for grand final.

If he plays this week and they through to grand final, then that is asking himself 3 weeks in a row which has been his challenge all year for his body. Too much I sense. Skip the prelim seems the smarter move.
Leon addressed it in his pre-game presser. His reply was he wont consider anything but selecting the best team for the pre-lim. Next week he will consider the team team if we make it. It's on our website.

Our players are very used to hostile away crowds. Non Vic clubs play most away games interstate and we have little support in Melbourne. No doubt Cogs goes to Martin but we generally dont tag. Expect us to back our mids as a group head to head with yours.
I'm going as well.

I know there's no changes from last week, but how about from the last time we played in Round 18?

Out: Kennedy, Mumford, Perryman, Setterfield, Mzungu, Smith

In: Cognilio, de Boer, Deledio, Himmleberg, Hopper, Taranto

Cogs obviously a huge in, but Mummy and Smith are big outs as well. Don't mind the ins in general though.
Haven't bothered to look at Richmond - obviously Towno is a change.

Apparently Matty Kennedy spent over 50% of the game on Dusty with Shaw taking him when forward and Wardy giving Kennedy a chop out in the middle. Clearly that's not going to happen again.

Is it hard to find? I'm staying about a block from the G and flying in early afternoon. I dont know Melbourne at all. Could get a cab but a bit embarrassing if it's round the corner
Extremely easy to find, Bok. It's a leisurely 20 minute walk (downhill) from the pub to the 'G. If the walk is too far then there are plenty of trams you can grab to the ground also.

upload_2017-9-22_7-34-22.png

I think we can't get away from the fact it will be the biggest most hostile crowd we have ever played against. Blokes like Toby will lap it up imo but it remains to be seen for the rest of the playing group. I think it comes down to the individual and their mentality to perform on the big stage under pressure

Extremely easy to find, Bok. It's a leisurely 20 minute walk (downhill) from the pub to the 'G. If the walk is too far then there are plenty of trams you can grab to the ground also.

View attachment 418840
I kinda want to make this one. Walk is fine. Flight arrives early afternoon and it might depend on how much stuffing around at the airport and getting to the Hotel there is. I've got to drop bag off at some point, but can fly in game colours.

I kinda want to make this one. Walk is fine. Flight arrives early afternoon and it might depend on how much stuffing around at the airport and getting to the Hotel there is. I've got to drop bag off at some point, but can fly in game colours.
I'll be there mate. I'll have the waterproof GWS travel jacket, a flat brimmed Giants hat, and my wife will be wearing the ANZAC Guernsey from 2015. I'm 6'3 and stand out in a crowd, so if you see a guy and a girl that match that description, please say hi.

I think we can't get away from the fact it will be the biggest most hostile crowd we have ever played against. Blokes like Toby will lap it up imo but it remains to be seen for the rest of the playing group. I think it comes down to the individual and their mentality to perform on the big stage under pressure
It will be nothing like the attempt at replication they did at training this week with loud music playing.

We'd be thinking all out attack I think.

Best way to minimise the crowd effect would be to silence them early with some quick goals.

If we were thinking total shut-down on Dusty & Cotchin, we would have bought in Simpson to deny them any first use. Cogs will likely take Dusty, but generally I'd be expecting us to focus on what we do best (ie our running game) and not get bogged down in negative footy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back