Prediction Round 13: Changes Vs Hawthorn + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Given the rain it's actually quite fortituous we may save ourselves from rushing a Tabs back in. Another couple of weeks off with the bye and he might be in far better nick to run out the season
That with Fyfe to come back.
Tabs in the wet is pointless anyway. Another good chance for Logue, who I feel is more then combative in the wet with his speed and tackling

Pretty nervous about this one, boys will need to be on, Hawks arent an easy team by any stretch and they are playing a lot better then their record suggests (the % is probably a good indicator of where they are at). They are also a team to me that would play well in the wet with their slow, stocky midfield being made for the wet game. Also some handy smalls in the forwardline.

We'll need to play as well as the last two weeks to get over the line and I think it's really important the guys buckle down and bring the A game while coming off two really good wins
Lets face it we are Freo fans, we will always be nervous.

Once we have won a threepeat I will be slightly less nervous.

We could be playing a home game against North and I would still worry... (I was going to say agains West Coast but god they are ******* terrible!)

We could be playing a home game against North and I would still worry... (I was going to say agains West Coast but god they are ******* terrible!)
Haha true, I think I’d go into a game against any of the bottom 4 at the moment and not be concerned at all. Hawks have beaten Brisbane and Geelong this year, their results are weird

Want to settle your nerves?

Watch this...very settling!

Watch out for "weapons development"
and building a team for "multiple years of finals contention"

Saw Tabbs wandering around Bunnings yesterday with a big box under one arm, didn’t look in the slightest restricted.
On saying that though I’d still rest him this week if wet and just;

Fyfe for Tucker
Switter for Meek (or Darcy if he’s sore)

Sonny is the hard one, can’t reasonably drop any of the small forwards on form, this is where it gets tricky.

Not sure why there is still the Chappy/Hughes discussion, Chappy did a hammy at training at best to return after the bye. Hughes is the perfect replacement on a wet day.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What I would like assuming wet conditions

Walker-Pearce-Hughes
Ryan-Cox-Young
Aish-Brodie-Acres
Freddy-Logue-Fyfe
Schultz-Lobb-Switkowski

Darcy-Brayshaw-Serong

Banfield-Colyer-Mundy-Clark

Rest Taberner and Sonny until after the bye.

Still felt that Brisbane got the ball out too easy from our inside 50. So would like to see Switta and Walters in for Banfield and Meek. Nothing against Banners but I’m taking mosquito speed and Logues ability to half the contest any day of the week.

Tucker for Fyfe a no brainer.

Tuckers effort can’t be questioned IMO , he is a solid dedicated player
Just lacks the polish and speed of those around him

But he surely comes out for Fyfe this week
Good Sub option

Happy to disagree but I have massive questions about Tuckers' effort. He barely seems to break a sweat compared to blokes in similar positions like Aish, Acres and Slick Rick.

The game against Brissy was not the first time I've watched him slowly sauntering around while others were sprinting. I understand that we don't want everyone applying pressure the same players and some need to hold their position... but he appears to do neither. He doesn't run hard into open space (which is why he barely touches the footy), and he doesn't chase and tackle and apply pressure.

I agree that he lacks polish and speed, but what frustrates me is his lack of intensity. Meanwhile Crowden who has intensity in spades is watching from the sidelines. Can't be good for morale of those missing out on games.

When have you ever seen Tucker with dirt on his guernsey? He needs a bit of the James Aish steaming towards goal with the ripped jumper kind of vibe...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw Tabbs wandering around Bunnings yesterday with a big box under one arm, didn’t look in the slightest restricted.
On saying that though I’d still rest him this week if wet and just;

Fyfe for Tucker
Switter for Meek (or Darcy if he’s sore)

Sonny is the hard one, can’t reasonably drop any of the small forwards on form, this is where it gets tricky.

Not sure why there is still the Chappy/Hughes discussion, Chappy did a hammy at training at best to return after the bye. Hughes is the perfect replacement on a wet day.

Didn’t someone see him at Bunnings the other week putting something heavy in his car? Dude should be getting that s**t delivered

At this point the forecast is for the heavier rain to be overnight from Friday into the early AM Saturday. By afternoon there may not be much around beyond the odd shower or two.
(Nek minute front arrives at bouncedown, Hawks win 4.2 to 2.15)
All joking aside, I hope this is the case....although as others have said, perhaps another game in the wet to prove we can DO IT might not be a bad thing....I still prefer watching dry potentially high-scoring Freo than not

think he missed last years games too, in fact I think he only played the once last year....shame as he's a very good player, so if he's missing can't say I'm feeling too heartbroken about it...apologies Gunston! Been a gun player though - I wouldn't have minded 25 year old Gunston in this team, he'd be awesome. Hoping Logue can be our 'Gunston' of the next period to come :D

Walters can’t keep his feet in the dry, would be an absolutely liability in the wet. Banfield keeps his spot, and Walters can go find some “confidence”’ in the WAFL.
That all depends on if Tabs plays. If he's fit and Fyfe's rotating forward too then Lobb. Tabs, Logue and Fyfe rotating gives us a very tall forward set up so we'll need plays who can win the footy a ground level. If Tabs isnt playing then Banfield keeps his spot in my view.

think he missed last years games too, in fact I think he only played the once last year....shame as he's a very good player, so if he's missing can't say I'm feeling too heartbroken about it...apologies Gunston! Been a gun player though - I wouldn't have minded 25 year old Gunston in this team, he'd be awesome. Hoping Logue can be our 'Gunston' of the next period to come :D
Rather Gunston play this week and miss the 2013 Grand Final just quietly :(

Assuming wet, only play one of Tabs or Lobb.

Bring in Switta, Fyfe
Out Tucker and meek.
Maybe swap tabs with Lobb if he needs a rest.
Would love to rest mundy but you need him in the wet.

Not sure we need to rest Mundy most weeks he only plays 60-70% game time. Our mids as a group (Serong, Brayshaw, Brodie, Mundy) have the lowest game time in the league so we don’t need it rest any of them

If it's wet I genuinely think Logue forward is the difference (plus Fyfe's supreme wet skills). We won the i50 count in both game's but got smashed by the defence, I think Logue halves most of those and grabs one or two. Interesting to see how we go. Make no mistake Hawks are plenty capable in the wet of making us pay, will be good to see if the boys have learnt from the last two times the weather came to play.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you are talking about the two wet games we didn’t win the i50 in both, we lost 46 to 60 against Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back