Autopsy AFL 2021 First Preliminary Final - Demons v Cats Fri September 10th 7:50pm EST / 5:50pm WST (Optus)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 76 40.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 60 31.6%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I said to a mate before tonight that I thought regardless of who wins, my money would be on Port.

geez mate you’ll have to play well if you get there.
Got to get over the Dogs first, hope they just let them play.
If the AFL want a worthy spectacle i think my mob need to get through, Dee's will rack the cue at half time if theyre playing WB.

History has shown that the team that has the "easier" preliminary final, often gets thrashed in the grand final itself.

Port Adelaide in 2007
Fremantle 2013
Sydney 2014
West Coast 2015
Sydney 2016
Adelaide 2017
Geelong 2020

I'm just saying that the job isn't done. They've got one more game to go before the lid can come well and truly off.
You know that’s 1 in every 2 right?

That result was good for the game. Geelong play a disgusting brand of football that should not be encouraged or replicated.
and should never have been legislated into prominence by rule changes. Stupid, knee-jerk reaction to Ricmond's dominance that just made the game so miserable this year.

Luckily the Cats decided to lift the average scores for the year by falling over after 5 min in the prelim.

lol-lol

It's not a strong top 8 by any means, Cats are in a Preliminary against a team that got the lucky dip for top spot. They both start even, but on any given day Geelong can turn it on. Their game against the Port "Nobodies" in Adelaide was their worst for the year, that won't happen again. The pressure is all on Melbourne this week...

Ross Lyon would of helped your defense lol

Got to get over the Dogs first, hope they just let them play.
If the AFL want a worthy spectacle i think my mob need to get through, Dee's will rack the cue at half time if theyre playing WB.

I tend to agree. The dogs would have to turn it into a scrap - and good luck to them I have no issue with it - of epic proportions. If the grand final is played even 50 per cent on Melbourne’s terms port MAY be able to go with them at their best.

If McGowan had any heart he would organise quarantine for Demon members to fly over. They're from a pretty low risk part of Melbourne. I'm sure they're happy to camp out on Quokka Island.

I'm not sure they can uproot their lives for 2 weeks to dick around in quarantine

Actually, maybe it's actually doable

Wouldn't have made a lot of difference but we sure could have done with another midfielder like Quinton Narkle who could extract the ball instead of fumble it and turn it over. It was embarrassing that Atkins was moved into the midfield.

History has shown that the team that has the "easier" preliminary final, often gets thrashed in the grand final itself.

Port Adelaide in 2007
Fremantle 2013
Sydney 2014
West Coast 2015
Sydney 2016
Adelaide 2017
Geelong 2020

I'm just saying that the job isn't done. They've got one more game to go before the lid can come well and truly off.

You don't know me very well ;) :D
Stevie Wonder could see that Geelong would falter in September, it's a tradition.

Vince Russo could of coached Geelong and they would of been more competitive lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott was terrible. Having Selwood tagging Oliver was a mistake. Needed him throwing himself at the ball, not playing from behind.

And look credit to Hawkins. At least he has a fair crack. Contest always, takes the boundary throw ins and chases. Gary Rohan and Cameron should hang their heads in shame with their efforts compared to him.

Wouldn't have made a lot of difference but we sure could have done with another midfielder like Quinton Narkle who could extract the ball instead of fumble it and turn it over. It was embarrassing that Atkins was moved into the midfield.

Again, wouldn’t have made a lick of difference to the outcome but we missed Parfitt tonight

Loved seeing the Cats get reamed.

Karma for their cheat football boss changing the rules "to stop Richmond". Their classless dud coach who kept saying the Tigers are crap and refused to give credit where due. Rigged tribunal outcomes for their players. The constant whinging about home grounds when they have the best home ground advantage in the comp at their cheat kitty litter park ground. And for the Fatboy Hawkins pushing Soldo so he did his knee. And Selwood who made a career out of ducking and sniping. Suck a fat one.

Oh and congrats Demons!

Geez stay classy.

Geelong being thumped, does not need the Tigers being brought into the conversation.

Back