Preview Changes & prematch discussion vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

How you guys going to feel when as I believe McKenzie isnt at North next year? Or Mullet for that matter.

I'd feel quite content.
Mullet is contracted though. Can't see a line of clubs queuing up for him.

Exciting changes. As per Hearts to hearts like to see EVW in...but it's business end and not a great time to debut players for mine. We are still cracking in this year despite what the media say etc etc....

Higgo a massive in - even if rusty he will improve us.
LMac - tough, and can't be any worse than BMac even if half asleep.

Mullett and his run can now be used more offensively.

Thommo out hurts, but not nearly as much as last week when should not have been selected.

I think we should (sure, not confident) beat GWS - it's an excellent team selected :thumbsu:

Last edited:
quick ? not sure if discussed already

but if youth is the future list strategy rightyly or wrongly depending on your view point, then why isnt VW an inclusion this week and mullet an out for example based on form. VW could prove handy if our injury curse continues if he shows something and he also gets a taste to work harder over preseason if it is only 1 game...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

quick ? not sure if discussed already

but if youth is the future list strategy rightyly or wrongly depending on your view point, then why isnt VW an inclusion this week and mullet an out for example based on form. VW could prove handy if our injury curse continues if he shows something and he also gets a taste to work harder over preseason if it is only 1 game...

EVW not playing due to sensitivities over the weeks event, aka, being Spuds logical replacement.

In my time it's been the same and I've been a supporter since 1991. Other than Schwatta we haven't had too much midfield class of our own. Grant was traded in (for Schwatta ironically), Armstrong and Robert Scott were brought in for some outside polish to a degree, as were Dhurkay and Abraham. But not too many North drafted blokes had the class of Boomer or Wells or even Higgins over the years.
Our forwards should be happy with the team selected this week for a change.

I think EVW should have been playing a month ago. Bringing him in now when we need to be getting a settled finals team wouldn't make much sense.

Surely McKenzie has his papers stamped now?

Only good thing that may have come from gifting him some games is that some stupid club might be prepared to take a punt on him?

I suppose Brisbane could do worse than play him off half back. Only a couple of years ago Melbourne or Richmond may have been interested. Not now. Carlton maybe?

Mullett and his run can now be used more offensively.

I still have images of him butchering almost every forward entry he is involved in. Still can't work out what happened to him.

I suppose Brisbane could do worse than play him off half back. Only a couple of years ago Melbourne or Richmond may have been interested. Not now. Carlton maybe?
I don't think SOS is that stupid.

I think our only hope is the dumbarses at Richmond. They don't mind picking up a reject potato.

He could be their future Houli replacement. Just a lot shitter version.

My dream would be for us to someone how package him and something else to get Lennon off them.

I don't think SOS is that stupid.

I think our only hope is the dumbarses at Richmond. They don't mind picking up a reject potato.

He could be their future Houli replacement. Just a lot shitter version.

My dream would be for us to someone how package him and something else to get Lennon off them.

Unfortunately they've been burned with other rejects

Remove this Banner Ad

Back