Preview Changes & prematch discussion vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

In its infinite wisdom, the AFL has decided to assign an ex St Kilda player to umpire the one out of nine games involving St Kilda. FFS.
View attachment 1409265
Hey guys I come in peace. We don't want him umpiring either. He is scared of looking bias and always cautiously gives every 50/50 against us. Well that's how it seems anyway... We get him a lot and I personally hate it.

Just a question more so to do with my supercoach. Xerri extended bench. Against our 2 rucks I would have thought you would counter with 2 rucks or do you guys think Goldy will go one out. Cheers and good luck on Sunday.

Hey guys I come in peace. We don't want him umpiring either. He is scared of looking bias and always cautiously gives every 50/50 against us. Well that's how it seems anyway... We get him a lot and I personally hate it.

Just a question more so to do with my supercoach. Xerri extended bench. Against our 2 rucks I would have thought you would counter with 2 rucks or do you guys think Goldy will go one out. Cheers and good luck on Sunday.
We haven't played one ruck at all this year. if Xerri doesn't play, Coleman-Jones will. But it'll probably be Xerri.

Give us Max King and I’ll tell ya..

Fisher has been terrible against us many times.

Xerri will play. The second ruck effectively plays as our second deep tall target up forward.

Eventhough Goldy is playing better l think Xerri will either take most of the ruck duels or it will be half/ half..with Xerri doing most of the center bounces.

Xerri? You're joking right? Killed the best ruckman in the league last week

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app
An interesting take. Especially given that Gawn actually said in his post match interview on the ground that the reason he spent more time forward was that Goldie was getting the better of him around the stoppages. He didn't mention Xerri though.

It’s weird, my Mrs has baggier jeans than me these days - what has happened?

I’m too old for this s**t.
I dunno it’s just trendy atm lol And they look good on me so 🤷🏽‍♀️

In its infinite wisdom, the AFL has decided to assign an ex St Kilda player to umpire the one out of nine games involving St Kilda. FFS.
View attachment 1409265
At the moment it is either you get dropped or you get the North game.

Fisher was part of the Launceston shitshow, so he now gets the game where they think s**t umpires can’t affect the result.

We are pretty much the dumping ground for all of the AFL’s worst umpires. I was surprised they didn’t give us Eleni and Fisher to really stick the knife in?

Brad Scott is showing how out of touch he is with the state of umpiring. Instead of mixing some of the poorer performed umpires with the better and more experienced umpires, he has take the novel approach of putting the worst ones together in crews to create 3 x nuggets of s**t.

The good games will get decent umpires and we will be stuck with the dregs. And they wonder why fans don’t want to show up?

You can bet that the Carlton v Collingwood game won’t get any of the poorer performing umpires. I would love to see them give Eleni that game.

Last edited:
2 possessions, zero marks, 15 HO’s

V

15 possessions, three marks, eight clearances, 24 HO’s.

Strange hill to die on there.
1 post is dying on that hill? so any kind of disagreement "strange hill to die on" - just because i don't agree with you, once :tearsofjoy:

gawn went forward for a lot of the game, i'm referring to when xerri went up against him in the ruck. i mean just look at zurhaar's goal and where that originated.
An interesting take. Especially given that Gawn actually said in his post match interview on the ground that the reason he spent more time forward was that Goldie was getting the better of him around the stoppages. He didn't mention Xerri though.

go back and watch the ruck contests, xerri performed very well on gawn.

he may not get a heap of silly points but his influence is there. he needs to work on his forward craft but considering we won't have goldy next year the main thing is we have a ruckman than can compete and beat top teir rucks. CCJ is no where near that level.

View attachment 1409265
They would have been better brining in Sam Fisher and he could have umpired while totally baked. Probably would have been a better performance than what we will get from these clowns.

Leigh Fisher will be able to go as hard as he likes at us, because umpiring North poorly doesn’t have any backlash.

Last edited:
They would have been better brining in Sam Fisher and he could have umpired while totally baked. Probably would have been a better performance than what we will get from these clowns.

Leigh Fisher will be able to go as hard as he likes at us, because umpiring North poorly doesn’t have any backlash.

Agree. Saints fans can rest assured this won't be the week he'll overcompensate against them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this is the case, it may well be the first time in his life that he's gone hard on a footy field.

1 post is dying on that hill? so any kind of disagreement "strange hill to die on" - just because i don't agree with you, once :tearsofjoy:

gawn went forward for a lot of the game, i'm referring to when xerri went up against him in the ruck. i mean just look at zurhaar's goal and where that originated.

go back and watch the ruck contests, xerri performed very well on gawn.

he may not get a heap of silly points but his influence is there. he needs to work on his forward craft but considering we won't have goldy next year the main thing is we have a ruckman than can compete and beat top teir rucks. CCJ is no where near that level.

giphy (7).gif

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, a quick glance at the umpiring appointments this week suggests that the umpire with the high voice who did our game last week isn't umpiring in the AFL this week.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, a quick glance at the umpiring appointments this week suggests that the umpire with the high voice who did our game last week isn't umpiring in the AFL this week.
What is a woman for $200 please Alex.

We now have Fisher who was part of the Hawthorn v Brisbane fiasco and the Emergency Umpire that was unable to get a gig in front of Eleni.

Look forward to another shitshow.

Sunday, May 29​

St Kilda v North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium, 1.10pm AEST

ST KILDA

In:
M.Owens
Out:
J.Billings (omitted), R.Byrnes (omitted)

Last week's sub: Ryan Byrnes (unused)

NORTH MELBOURNE

In:
Nil
Out:
A.Bosenavulagi (omitted)

Last week's sub: Atu Bosenavulagi (replaced C. Taylor)

Kyron Hayden probably a bit lucky, but I can see why they kept him, because it would have meant they have rewarded Stevo off the back off not earning his spot back.

Maybe Mahoney as sub this week and then give him a couple of weeks in the VFL.
Stephenson to run around in the two’s this week just to reinforce the message.
Archer hopefully doesn’t get named as sub. If they want to play him then play him and don’t f**k around with the debut as a sub nonsense. Plus you’d think the club could do with the good publicity that an eventual Archer debut might bring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back