Prediction Changes: Round 3 Vs Cartlon + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

"Peel should be interesting this week. Hopefully Sturt, Logue, Walker and O’Driscoll back.
They all get fit and firing and selection will be interesting.
O’Driscoll could be the one that fills Acres spot on the wing"

Oh nice, Friday arvo here in Mandurah. I'm gonna go watch that game.

"Peel should be interesting this week. Hopefully Sturt, Logue, Walker and O’Driscoll back.
They all get fit and firing and selection will be interesting.
O’Driscoll could be the one that fills Acres spot on the wing"

Oh nice, Friday arvo here in Mandurah. I'm gonna go watch that game.
What about Western!! I'm very bullish on him and think he will be a *ing star for us.

Carlton board had some interesting posts about us and our performance on Sunday.

Don't be a bloody nuffie. Freo are more dishonest than Trump's Tax Audit away from home, we will smash them by 80 points plus next week at Marvel.

Christ some of you doom and gloom fans make me sick.

Is the Carlton board or the Freo one ?

If you love Freo so much, why not post on their board then ? GWS clearly are bottoming out coached by an absolute nimrod who makes Peter Rohde and Mark Neeld look like coaching geniuses .
Any so called Carlton fan who fears Freo next week needs to take off the nappies and put the big boy/gender neutral pants on.

We will smash them, They are still bottom 4 trash and we have nothing to worry about

Interesting to see the contrast between users who remember Carlton being a great club and users who remember the last 20 years.

Edit: I should be fair and point out most of the people on the thread thought that poster was a bit cooked.

Last edited:
I think on paper our best 22 is as good if not better than theirs & I think what we put out this weekend should be good enough to get the job done.
They are probably a bit more settled than us in terms of having had the same coach for a while but I think Jlo is going to be one of the best in the business.
The form line is always hard to read at this early stage but I see this as genuine 50/50.

I think on paper our best 22 is as good if not better than theirs & I think what we put out this weekend should be good enough to get the job done.
They are probably a bit more settled than us in terms of having had the same coach for a while but I think Jlo is going to be one of the best in the business.
The form line is always hard to read at this early stage but I see this as genuine 50/50.

Both coaches started around the same time with each club.

They're conceding the third most points in the league right now, and I imagine it's from their inability to defend forward. If that doesn't change Young, Willo and Chapman can set up some deadly counterattacks for us.

My main concern is just avoiding the shoot-out; don't think we're clinical enough in front of goal. Keep it locked in their forward half and keep their defense under some intense pressure, set up in defense to intercept the hack kicks (we've got some great intercept markers down there) and we should be in a really good spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are Carlton’s grand final... especially when everyone’s writing them off

We swap Walters for Fyfe and we're a better team. Fight me.
Yes and no. Fyfe was building into his CHF role. But what frustrates me is Fyfe’s goalkicking. Can’t kick on an angle yet loves the banana.
SonSon is something else though. Treacy come in and do half the job up forward, we’d be okay

They're conceding the third most points in the league right now, and I imagine it's from their inability to defend forward. If that doesn't change Young, Willo and Chapman can set up some deadly counterattacks for us.

My main concern is just avoiding the shoot-out; don't think we're clinical enough in front of goal. Keep it locked in their forward half and keep their defense under some intense pressure, set up in defense to intercept the hack kicks (we've got some great intercept markers down there) and we should be in a really good spot.

I reckon a shootout is unavoidable. Carlton turn the ball over massively and get caught out of position down back.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good luck Norway, but you must understand there are a lot of us over in purple land that are still seething after last year.
Hopefully the Freo players are as well
Absolutely
justice must be served

Out : Giro - looked a bit rusty and I think we have enough mosquitoe fleet

In : Sturt - Need to start working that medium tall into the forward set up

I hear you and also with the comments from sherrif and malpaso above but I'm also pretty sure all the players are committed to the goal of winning a premiership and would know teams need to balance the team and development with just playing your 'most experienced' team each week. Just like Mundy wouldn't hesitate to step aside for the best interests of the club, I suspect Colyer, Conca etc would respect the selection panel has more to consider than just their performances in the last game. I think we've seen how well development can happen when you give young players with high ceilings supported responsibility. I think coaches that refuse to make changes to a winning side are taking the easy road. The premise that you can't improve a winning side is flawed thinking. I'm not saying we have to make the changes to win, I just think we need to consider them with eyes wide open (not just assume because we beat the GWS traffic cones we'll do similarly v Carlton this weekend).

Controversial but my gut feel is I'm not sure Walters makes our forward line any more effective. Amazing player but find he often gets caught up in his own world too often these days. We won yesterday because our team played as a team - especially our midfield and backline. Mundy friggin dominated, not because he was looking to star but because he constantly worked to help out his teammates. Darcy didn't kick a goal yesterday but was involved in 10 scores. People who hadn't watched the game would think Switta was playing in defence with his 6 intercepts. Walters needs to stop thinking he is solely responsible for winning games (just like Fyfe would have seen playing forward). I'd back Sturt, Logue, Treacy to come in and just play their role. I'm hopeful Walters does the same. We don't need him taking mark of the year or goal of the year. We just need him creating and kicking goals.
really hoping Sonny has shaken off his Yips from last year
Want to see him back in form
His accuracy is sorely needed

really hoping Sonny has shaken off his Yips from last year
Want to see him back in form
His accuracy is sorely needed
Well he wasn't training with all the strapping on his knees which he played with last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back