Prediction Changes: Round 3 Vs Cartlon + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We need Colyers speed. Henry needs to work his way back into the team and not be gifted the spot.

Not really gifting if the only reason Henry isn't playing currently was a calf strain.

Did the work preseason to get back into the line-up, and don't think his Round 1 game was worth being dropped for.

Martin is a soft over rated dud anyway

I wouldn't call Martin soft. Over the last few years he has been one of the top tacklers in the sides he has played for. He finished 6th in Carlton's B&F last year. Hughes came 7th in ours, so these things can be misleading, but I still think Martin is one of the better players on Carlton's list (which I do not rate).

I think the key to this game is to bring the heat early on. The Carlton players will have copped a pretty severe review from their coaches, You don't eant them to go hard early, get some quick wins and then get their confidence up. We need to hit them like a truck so they never get a chance to bounce back from last week.

I think the key to this game is to bring the heat early on. The Carlton players will have copped a pretty severe review from their coaches, You don't eant them to go hard early, get some quick wins and then get their confidence up. We need to hit them like a truck so they never get a chance to bounce back from last week.
Sounds Like a job for Treacy Then

With Tabs and one of Darcey/Meek spending time forward, it is a good opportunity for Treacy. He may end up standing someone like Plowman which would be a damn sight easier on debut than playing against a #2 KPD.
He could win the Coleman on Sunday given Plowman's form this year.

Every goal highlight for the Pies I swear had 20 trailing the bloke who kicks the goal.

The commentator team watching the tv missed the four players in front of Frederick when they torched Colyer for kicking to Tabs one on one instead of passing to Frederick who was 45m out alone.
Err - no.

There were literally only 2 GWS players between Freddy and goals and they were both marking Freo players. Freddy would either have waltzed into goal or drawn a man and hand balled to someone else free (Tabs or Meek). Was definitely the best option for Colyer - but all’s well that ends well.

I wouldn't call Martin soft. Over the last few years he has been one of the top tacklers in the sides he has played for. He finished 6th in Carlton's B&F last year. Hughes came 7th in ours, so these things can be misleading, but I still think Martin is one of the better players on Carlton's list (which I do not rate).

Yeah, kid's got a shitload of talent, they'll miss him

I would think it’s certain Treacy will come in if Fyfe is out.
Walters too is an obvious in. I know Colyer did ok yesterday but he’s a very limited player.
Would love to find a replacement for Acres but we may have to wait another week or two for Sturt and Logue to get some game time.
Logue in for Chappy would strengthen the side but at the same time it’s nice to get a few games into Heath.

Acres leaves me cold, not too sure what he actually does ?.

Freddie to the wing, Acres out to Peel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah fk Colyer. Had a decent game by his standards but he isn't a part of the future.

Colyers game reminds me of the Metallica album St Anger. Metallicas worst album but korns best.
Have you forgotten about "Lulu"? *shudders* lol
Fair enough if you did, as I think most people have devoted some mental focus towards erasing that toilet stain from their memories over the last ten years!

Out Fyfe (inj) Giro
In Treacy Walters

Giro didn’t really do anything wrong, it’s more just the fact that you don’t keep someone as good as Sonny out of the side. Plus his on field leadership will be important without Fyfe.

I’m still salty about last years loss so let’s smash Carltank
Why would you drop Giro and play so many small forwards?. Giro played on a wing. Drop Colyer play Walters.

I reckon we can afford to go a little smaller at Marvel. I think Treacy may have to wait a week.

I also think Colyer played better than Giro and his speed will be handy in an oval he has played plenty of times.

Maybe only 1 change Walters for Fyfe. Maybe Henry come in for Giro or Giro stay and Henry as the medical sub.

Why would you drop Giro and play so many small forwards?. Giro played on a wing. Drop Colyer play Walters.

Still got plenty of blokes to play wing. Aish, Acres, Freddie, Cerra can play there too. Forward line of Slutz, Tabs, Switta, Sonny, Treacy and Darcy doesn’t look too bad to me

I think it works, just takes some slight moving of the magnets.

Still got plenty of blokes to play wing. Aish, Acres, Freddie, Cerra can play there too. Forward line of Slutz, Tabs, Switta, Sonny, Treacy and Darcy doesn’t look too bad to me

I think it works, just takes some slight moving of the magnets.
Also is Henry a true small forward?

Switta and Schultz closer to goal with their tackling pressure. Henry further up the ground. Anyway it is a close call and Giro could stay. I’m no Colyer fan but he was good on Sun - especially his spread and speed running forward.

Giro seemed to be a little rushed caught out a few times.

Also is Henry a true small forward?

Switta and Schultz closer to goal with their tackling pressure. Henry further up the ground. Anyway it is a close call and Giro could stay. I’m no Colyer fan but he was good on Sun - especially his spread and speed running forward.

Giro seemed to be a little rushed caught out a few times.

Based on the highlights package of Henry that was posted the other day, he is a forward. Almost all of the highlights were within 70m from goal and that certainly looks to be his future at Freo.

JL indicating unlikely to be changed other that Walters. I think that’s a mistake. We need another tall forward without fyfe.
So assuming that's the case, it's Taberner as main kpf with Meek/Darcy rotating ruck and second kpf. I hope Meek and Darcy are ready to play 95%+ game time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back