Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think B grade is really bottom end for him... but I see why some not be excited... It like buying a great pair of work boots compared to dress shoes..less flash but down the track... day after day, week after week you are glad with the choice. The top end of this draft is heavy and one might say most other years he would be a single figure pick. Id pick Caldwell over him but id be happy to walk a way with this medal winner.

What are we thinking with Picket? Add him and keep Keely? Add him and he goes in a package to wc? Add him as a Kelly replacement ..or add him him being Kelly #2
Kelly + Pickett for McHenry and 2019 first?

I'd laugh if we took Pickett and they took Neddy.

Valente's more inside than outside though. I was thinking they might go more for Rozee/Rankine or Smith Caldwell Jones Hill Duursma etc get some more run and carry.
There's 3 players I absolutely don't want. Valente, Jones and Hately.

There's 3 players I absolutely don't want. Valente, Jones and Hately.
I thought you had Valente on the scrap heap.. was just about to post that and you beat me to it

Go Catters

I can see RCD sliding to the second round like Constable last year. Both were touted as top 15 picks, both had horrible 2km times. Constable was much higher production.

I’m hoping for Hately if we go for a mid. Not confident though he’ll be there for us.

I’m hoping for Hately if we go for a mid. Not confident though he’ll be there for us.

Agree, sounds like GWS are very keen. We’re continuously linked to RCD, Stocker and Valente, so I think it will be one of them. Against popular opinion, I’d take Valente out of those three. There’s a reason he won SA’s MVP ahead of Lukosius, Rankine and Rozee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anyone else secretly wishing we had traded Kelly and we had picks 20 and 22 as well as 12.

Same every year... "what only a p25"...then by draft , you see a player who has slipped and you are thinking..."that 25 would be tasty right now"....
let see if you feel like that next week or next year.... the idea of another two early picks is appealing... but not being a R1 really cuts off our legs..

To be honest, I'm feeling we'll get either Stocker or Butters. I've kind of hopped off in wanting Hately or RCD. Stocker is ready-made but not great aerobically yet and Butters would just add some more class

Not having the aerobic capacity makes Stocker a big risk for mine. Can’t cut it in the midfield these days if you don’t have a big tank, that’s why Hartlett at Port was moved to the backline.

Kelly + Pickett for McHenry and 2019 first?

I'd laugh if we took Pickett and they took Neddy.

The main reason to take Pickett TBH is that he's pretty plug and play which appeals to a flag window team and he would add the outside run that we don't have much of. He's not the only state league option there but he's s good one. The fact that he's close to Kelly and he'd be under contract at the end of 2019 which would force the Eagles to cough up something decent for both of them (assuming they want to go home together) is merely a bonus.

Be interesting to see where McHenry goes. I think top 25.

V makes sense for GC

I think they would go XOH over Valente in the 20s if both are there (he has family on GC so less go home factor for them imo) but they'd be keen on both.

Is anyone else secretly wishing we had traded Kelly and we had picks 20 and 22 as well as 12.

In this draft no.

In next years i might have taken that deal but Kelly is still worth way more than that.

Nice place to visit...but not sure we want to live there...

View attachment 585678

Its not really its obvious he wants to stay but his mrs wants to go home and WCE have burned him many times. While I think him going back to WA in 12months is the most likely outcome it's far from certain.

In this draft no.

In next years i might have taken that deal but Kelly is still worth way more than that.

I wonder if we knew 20 and 22...would not have been given the green light as a R1 pick...2 in 4 etc ... As it stands we will be tied up next year and will have to take an r1... maybe we get theirs and ours and move up next year ?

I agree, though Frampton and Ladhams will likely get delisted next year and Hayes is seen as their ruckman heir, rather than a forward.

If they see Hayes as a ruckman heir why did they sign Lycett for 5 years? Hayes would have to play forward IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back