Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully doesn’t stifle esava’s development . With all the mature age trades we’ve got in the last few years. The kids are not developing as I hope they would.

They wont play Jenkins ahead of Sav. One of them will play in the ruck or jenkins will be in the vfl. Its backup in the one position (hawkins) where we needed backup the most. If hes only costing us like 250k i dont know why most people are so against it.

I think we will look to flick some more picks to next year. We have a heap of players coming out of contract next year so it will open up more options.
Maybe someone will want our 2nd rounders this year for picks next year and we just take our 2 firsts to this years draft.

We will either trade 14 and 17 into a top 5 pick or we will use those two picks and trade 24 and 36 into R2s next year for a club that needs bid points this year (freo or gws i reckon).

Martin to Carlton at pick 3 in the PSD will be the plan. No way he goes to National Draft. Only Gold Coast and Melbourne stand in their way.

If he goes to the PSD i reckon GC will redraft him at 1. He will go ND and try and get to Carltons first pick i reckon.

We’ve basically come through this trade period with an extra first round pick next year, an extra pick in the 30s this year, an extra third round pick linked to GC next year and Josh Jenkins on top of what I expected.

To get that haul for Kelly, Steven for Smith and Jenkins for an inter-year pick downgrade is extremely tidy business Mr Wells.

Agreed. 14 24 FR1 and Jenkins and Steven for Kelly Smith 57 and a 10 spot upgrade on our FR3 is very good business i reckon.

If he goes to the PSD i reckon GC will redraft him at 1. He will go ND and try and get to Carltons first pick i reckon.

At 9? Can’t see that happening unless Carl trade that pick down. May open up an opportunity for us there. Been a complete balls-up from the Blues this trade period. Though you come to expect that with Silvagni. Not the sharpest tool in the shed...

We will either trade 14 and 17 into a top 5 pick or we will use those two picks and trade 24 and 36 into R2s next year for a club that needs bid points this year (freo or gws i reckon).

Freo have multiple R2s next year so could be a good swap.
Or maybe Collingwood want to get back in to this years draft. They also have multiple R2s next year.
GWS seem to be lacking currency unless they put their FR1 up. But even then its likely to be a high R1

Jenkins, Hawkins, Sav, miers, Dahl, Rohan, Ablett. Too many forwards to go with our too many backs. Hmmm

One on the bench. And ablett and dahl can push into the midfield when required. Miers always pushes right up the ground too. It's fine.

Yeah game plan needs to be well defined. Players like Dahlhaus, Atkins become crucial with their forward pressure, because Hawkins & Jenkins won’t offer anything defensively. Not sure if we can go the 3 talls, but if we go with 3 talls in F50 then surely the sluggish movement out of defence needs to change. Our game plan taking a shift again . Hmmm

Hawkins actually rates pretty well for forward pressure acts. He doesn't get the credit he deserves in this area.

Finally we seem to be addressing the development side of our coaching.
Mackie was brought in this year in that role, now we’ve hired Grigg to do likewise

I thought Mackie works in recruiting alongside Wells?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

forget picks 3 - 7 which we would simply have to pay away all our good picks to get which is madness.

The only clubs that may need picks or are willing to move bc of academies are

Carl at 9. They have lost of list spots and no picks. Maybe 17 +24. They’d also have to use the ND if GC make it clear they will redraft Martin in the PSD. Be lots of competition though for that if the advertised
Freo at 22. They will lose this for Henry so may rather 36 + FGC3rd.
GWS need 1750 points from Green but we’d need to take something next year.

All doubtful though.

All other clubs have multiple picks in the first two rounds or are trying to trade up them selves. I reckon we may be snookered this year.

SOS sound like he wants to use 9 in draft

SOS sound like he wants to use 9 in draft

He has no idea. I reckon their pick 9, if they are sensible, should be traded for two picks to fill their list spots. It's just what they would ask for it...? Knowing SOS he'd screw it for every point he could and see any deal fall over.

something like 6 for the 2 FR1's ? They need points. FR1+ P14 ? They may add 40 perhaps?

They are in no mans land adel will bid on green at 4 so they either need to get that pick or trade 6 out for say some 40s picks and a future 1st.i could see us doing the latter.

9 from that choice. Go in with 9,14 and 24

If they trade down 9 more chance another club takes martin including us (wells said last week we were keen on him) they have to keep 9 and take him there if they want him i reckon.

They are in no mans land adel will bid on green at 4 so they either need to get that pick or trade 6 out for say some 40s picks and a future 1st.i could see us doing the latter.

Depending how desperate GWS are and if Melb back themselves to have a better year next year....Something like?
GWS
Get 3, 36
Lose 6, FR1 (15-20)

Melb
Get 6, 24
Lose 3, FR3 (40s)

Gee
Get FR1 (GWS), FR3 (Melb)
Lose 24, 36

Can't complain with our trade period. Basically brought in Jenkins and Steven with picks we didn't even have at the start of the trade period (both were traded in) while adding another 1st and 2nd round pick this year, and a 1st and 3rd next year.

We'll see. Massive f up if they have to take Martin at 9.

Honestly i wouldnt be surprised to see us take him at 14 if we have it and hes still there.

Gc were prepared to swap 15 and martin for 9 and later picks in their favour..carlton should have done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back