Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cute, but all the above mentioned players are contracted until 2020.
The only players that I understand to be OOC atm are Tom Atkins and Lachie Henderson.
I stand to be corrected if anyone has better information.
Atkins has another year on his rookie deal - signed a 2 year deal at the get go.

GO Catters

I'm a fan too but he still must earn his stripes

Just like sav?

I wouldn't think many people "earn" it in the traditional sense these days.

Obviously guys like Stewart played a lot of VFL before being drafted but that is different.

After being drafted by Geelong how many players would have played 30 games in the VFL before becoming best 22? Jed Bews probably the only current player and whether he is best 22 would be hotly debated.

Even the players who have focussed on football later - Blitz, MoC, Sav, Henry - have been thrown in before that.

17+36 would get us the points they need if it comes at pick 5. But I think we'd have to swap a future 1st for a future 2nd at the very least.

Has to be some sort of advantage to them swapping or why do it.

Its about the range isnt it ..hard to see Syd not bidding considering needs and rivalry..

would 17+36+ suns Fr3 do it ?

Has to be some sort of advantage to them swapping or why do it.

Its about the range isnt it ..hard to see Syd not bidding considering needs and rivalry..

would 17+36+ suns Fr3 do it ?

For what 5? No imo.

Atkins has another year on his rookie deal - signed a 2 year deal at the get go.

GO Catters

Ok. The web page that I looked at is obviously not up to date.

I have been keeping a closer eye on the draft considering the cats could potentially( I have no idea how) into the top 10.

Brody kemp is the kind of guy wells loves to select. Versatile can play back midfield & forward good size playing footy in Geelong lots of whispers down low in sleepy hollow. Was probably ranked a top 5 talent before the knee injury this year which is a concern. Could go anywhere from 7-14

But likely inside the top 10.

Personally, Luke Jackson is a guy I like but with fremantle having two picks before us and one used on Robertson it's hard to see how wells swings us further down.

I assume it depends who is left on the board draft night can we package west coasts future first in a trade down is Jackson is still on the board.

I would really like to draft a ruckman this year and actually think this guy could come straight in and give something for the cats a bit similar to what Tim English did at the dogs. Just give Stanley some competition and insurance it would be rare for Geelong to go this route with talls but Esava has played a lot of games early so perhaps wells with armed with a few picks can take a talented project.

Next year we must go hard at 1 of
Grundy
Cameron
Crouch
(if midfield doesn't stand up to the rigours in 2020)
My preference would be that order
Therefore we must keep our round 1s 2020 and 2021 (and perhaps create another)
On current form, and ages, those up for retire/delist/trade file 2020
Ablett, Taylor
Parsons,
whichever of Simpson/Zuthrie not to be delisted this year, Jarvis, Abbott, Fort
Cockatoo
(if his body doesn't hold up)
Plenty of players coming in 2020

Quite a few FA's next year ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wells mentioned that we'd take 4 picks into the draft so will be interesting to see what happens with rookie upgrades and delisting in the coming weeks.
Wells said 4? Do you have a link? Seems a change of tack after saying 3 immediately after the TK trade. Likely means we've missed our opportunity to trade up

I have been keeping a closer eye on the draft considering the cats could potentially( I have no idea how) into the top 10.

Brody kemp is the kind of guy wells loves to select. Versatile can play back midfield & forward good size playing footy in Geelong lots of whispers down low in sleepy hollow. Was probably ranked a top 5 talent before the knee injury this year which is a concern. Could go anywhere from 7-14

But likely inside the top 10.

Personally, Luke Jackson is a guy I like but with fremantle having two picks before us and one used on Robertson it's hard to see how wells swings us further down.

I assume it depends who is left on the board draft night can we package west coasts future first in a trade down is Jackson is still on the board.

I would really like to draft a ruckman this year and actually think this guy could come straight in and give something for the cats a bit similar to what Tim English did at the dogs. Just give Stanley some competition and insurance it would be rare for Geelong to go this route with talls but Esava has played a lot of games early so perhaps wells with armed with a few picks can take a talented project.

It was commented the other day that both Melb and Freo like him ... I would be surprised him getting past 10 ...probably only if someone bids on Henry.

I’m more in favour of playing players in their best positions, rather than moulding them into a role just to get into the senior team. Kreuger is a forward, no doubt about it.

I see Krueger being a bit Like Finlayson at GWS... they started him down back , now has transitioned forward. If thats what we need to do to get him the side Im happy to do that... becuause I feel once he comes in and starts taking marks etc.. he will eventually move forward. Now that we have recruited JJ..it will get a tad harder to get a game forward in 2020.

best to keep our picks then ...... they want 2 r1's ?

They want points for academy picks next year..5 probably takes 17 and our future 1st which i would do.

They want points for academy picks next year..5 probably takes 17 and our future 1st which i would do.

If that’s what it would cost I’d do it in a heartbeat. 5, 14, 24 and 36 would be nice. Get one gun from the draft, the best slider, hopefully C.Stephens at 24 or another slider and maybe a young ruck at 36?

Geelong Cats

Pick 14: A shoulder reconstruction saw Josh Worrell miss the second half of the season but he had shown before then his ability to be a 'chop-off' defender. Worrell uses his height (195cm) and game-reading ability to be a regular marker in the back half, while he has also performed as a forward target as well, including at the championships. The Cats don't have plenty of young key defenders so Worrell could be a nice fit.
Around the mark: Deven Robertson, Fischer McAsey, Brodie Kemp

659821_lp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back