Schlensog (R) 1 more on rookie list

Constable traded
Atkins upgrade to main list

that leaves 32-2-1 on list
add 3 at draft picks 11, 15, 16
add 2 FA most likely Crouch and hopefully Cameron
add trade for Higgins round 2 pick
add greek freak as rookie B
2 more years for a Ruckman who can't play a full season???
Stanley has to be on a year by year contract now, especially so since he is 31 now

Ablett retired
Taylor retired

Stanley 2 more
Tuohy year deal

Fort 1 more unless we get an established ruck added
Close (R) 2 more
Brownless (R) delisted
Henderson (R) 1 more
Parfitt 3 more

Cockatoo traded (please no)
Z Guthrie delisted
Simpson delisted I think but unfortunate

Jarvis 1 more
Kennerley delisted
Tarca delisted

Narkle 2 more
Parsons delisted
Okunbor (R) upgrade to rookie A list

Constable traded

Like it.
Another option might go like this - for me anyway.

I would prefer not to engage with Higgins. And build 2 first rounders into one of smaller number eg. 15/16 for 7? : Thats two extra retained
For me those two would be in order Zuthrie and Parsons.

I would like to keep Cockatoo also. Henderson ? can we run without Taylor and Hendo? Not unless Kreuger has shown he is capable enough down back or we have a tall defender in our sights for trade (Constable or second round pick) or a state leaguer.

Simpson would surely get a gig at a bottom 8 side.
Zuthrie and Parsons will be reading offers from other clubs right now I reckon and might decide to pull the trigger anyway.

As always - very interesting with even more unknowns than usual.

So at this stage, without knowing what the changes to list size will be, list changes could look like -

Outs - Ablett (ret), Taylor (ret), Parsons, Brownless, Jenkins, Kennerley, Simpson. Reckon one of Tarca or Atkins could be vulnerable too.

Ins - Crouch, Higgins, 4 draft picks - names to consider include include Cox, Perkins, Trew, Henry, Ford, O’Driscoll, Reid, Max Heath and Poulter.

Atkins vulnerable...? unlikely...as much as you may wish it...

Ablett retired
Taylor retired

Stanley 2 more
Tuohy year deal

Close (R) 2 more
Brownless (R) delisted
Henderson (R) 1 more
Parfitt 3 more

Z Guthrie delisted

Jarvis 1 more
Kennerley delisted
Tarca delisted

Narkle 2 more
Parsons delisted

Constable traded

Agree completely with all those although I'd rookie Kennerley and drop Schlensog maybe. Take a Zach Reid or Nick Cox at the draft to replace him.

Ablett retired
Taylor retired

Stanley 2 more
Tuohy year deal

Close (R) 2 more
Brownless (R) delisted
Henderson (R) 1 more
Parfitt 3 more

Z Guthrie delisted

Jarvis 1 more
Kennerley delisted
Tarca delisted

Narkle 2 more
Parsons delisted

Constable traded

I think the shape of the delisting and trade outs is about right. I don’t agree with Cameron (too much money with the likely cap cuts), and Crouch ( too injury prone and risk will be even more important with reduced lists), I think Higgins is good, and that Witherden would be good value. If Cameron doesn’t come, we should be after a ruck and better to get say Goldy for a year or two in terms of impact on our immediate chances. If we got a proven ruck then we could trim one of current crop.

I think the shape of the delisting and trade outs is about right. I don’t agree with Cameron (too much money with the likely cap cuts), and Crouch ( too injury prone and risk will be even more important with reduced lists), I think Higgins is good, and that Witherden would be good value. If Cameron doesn’t come, we should be after a ruck and better to get say Goldy for a year or two in terms of impact on our immediate chances. If we got a proven ruck then we could trim one of current crop.

I agree but I don't think Goldy is gettable that ship has sailed.

Wasn't Z Guthrie emergency for a stack of games this year? It would suggest the club rate him on some level

I’m sure they do but can you continue to carry a guy that can’t get a regular game when list sizes are being cut and you are required to continue to bring new players in?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m sure they do but can you continue to carry a guy that can’t get a regular game when lost sizes are being cut and you are required to continue to bring new players in?
No matter who we cut and draft/trade we will be carrying players who are just depth and or developing Zuthrie is a good depth option

No matter who we cut and draft/trade we will be carrying players who are just depth and or developing Zuthrie is a good depth option

Then it begs the question - why give Guthrie more of an opportunity to develop than say Tarca or Kennerley? I would have thought if you’d been in the system as long as Guthrie had you’d be wanting more from him by now. He’s only going to be bog average at best.

Then it begs the question - why give Guthrie more of an opportunity to develop than say Tarca or Kennerley? I would have thought if you’d been in the system as long as Guthrie had you’d be wanting more from him by now. He’s only going to be bog average at best.
Which players do we have that are small defenders that are developing atm(genuine question can't remember any) Tarca and Kennerly are Forwards or mids from memory. oops forgot Clark

If we have some small defenders at or really close to Zuthries level that we prefer to develop he then becomes surplus.

Which players do we have that are small defenders that are developing atm(genuine question can't remember any) Tarca and Kennerly are Forwards or mids from memory. oops forgot Clark

If we have some small defenders at or really close to Zuthries level that we prefer to develop he then becomes surplus.
He isn't really a small defender though. He's one paced and plays like a tall in a scrawny body. We need running defenders.

Agree. I’m not sure what positionally he is? Too slow to play as a small defender.
I'd be almost tempted to trade Constable, Narkle and Cockatoo for future picks, trade our future 1st for a 1st rounder in this years draft and use 4 first rounders this year to select Zane Trew/Tanner Bruhn, Zach Reid, Archie Perkins and Eddie Ford/Oliver Henry. That'd give us a nice mix for the future.

He isn't really a small defender though. He's one paced and plays like a tall in a scrawny body. We need running defenders.
Even if he isn't a small defender who replaces him for depth since that is the place the MC pick him for the majority of the time. I can only think of Clark (again not privy to entire lists best positions may have more)

I'd be almost tempted to trade Constable, Narkle and Cockatoo for future picks, trade our future 1st for a 1st rounder in this years draft and use 4 first rounders this year to select Zane Trew/Tanner Bruhn, Zach Reid, Archie Perkins and Eddie Ford/Oliver Henry. That'd give us a nice mix for the future.
I actually don't mind that idea who would you try to trade our future first with? maybe the Dogs since it will just get eaten this year by bids?

I've cooled on Constable. Rated him early, but like ZGuthrie, he needed to show a bit more (though was unlucky with concussion). He's expendable. Narkle and Cockatoo I'm torn on. Both have high ceilings I reckon - it's just whether we are going to see it? I'd keep one. I think we need to take at least the 4 picks. Currently I'm thinking Nic Cox, Archie Perkins, Eddie Ford (as Henry will go earlier) and maybe Trew. Though I'd like to get a young ruck in as well.

Not sure about Bruhn. His injury history concerns me.

Last edited:
Agree. I’m not sure what positionally he is? Too slow to play as a small defender.

Mid-sized defender who can zone off and take intercept marks.

I actually like Zuthrie, he's got good composure and makes smart decisions, although obviously his physicality is a weakness. The issue for him though long-term is structurally I don't see room for all three of Kolo, Henry and Zuthrie in the same side unless Kolo becomes our post-Harry KPD. And Kolo may not be suited to/good enough for that role.

Some of these are way over priced and some under priced (draft pick wise)

I still don't get this sudden media consensus that Brown is worth only a second round pick. Seems bizarre to me. A second round pick for a guy who 12 months ago finished second on the Coleman with his third consecutive 60+ goal haul in a league starved for quality KPFs? I know he's had a poor season but it's only one year. A second rounder for a 27-year-old KPF who has produced what he has at AFL level is massive unders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back