Rumour GFC 2020 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of us that were looking at Ruck options in this draft... I found this comment by Matt Rendell worth noting..

"I saw a practice match against Sandringham Dragons , played Oakleigh earlier this year in Feb and there was a kid in the ruck for Sandringham Dragons that I didn't even see last year an I thought if he is not top15 I will give the game away....

Who ? Not sure but it will be worth watching to see if some ruck kid comes from no where..?

The interest is real regarding Crouch and it's both ways. I guess it might come down to the offer. It might be also why Constable has reportably been mentioned as wanting out.

We've also inquired about Doedee.

The interest is real regarding Crouch and it's both ways. I guess it might come down to the offer. It might be also why Constable has reportably been mentioned as wanting out.

We were linked to guys like Higgins as well maybe he gets a better offer elsewhere.

Constable..thats the other side of it....drafted kids getting less opportunity. I have a degree of confidence that given 3 or 4 years of constant play Constable could be a player... but they would rather go to a FA and get 5 years of theoretical PnP. FA is something thats hard to ignore but it means clubs are less willing to give kids time..not just rucks.

Can Crouch play anything other than an inside mid? No imo..it just that he is probably more mobile and gets involved in the chain more, rather than just inside. I will say that Crouch now is probably at the bottom of the market.... and that would be 4 Crows on our list ? Mmm.

I do have to wonder after Jenkins ..... how much is also keeping Danger happy.

$$$$ How much? I do not think we should be overly generous.. I dont care that he has won B&F , so had JS.I suspect we will be competitive but he may offer length of contract with us at a lesser rate. If someone else is interest Im hoping they are willing to part with more. Certainly under no circumstance are willing to trade for him if the Crows get unhappy with an end of R1 or R2 (basically the same for them).

However if they are willing to be flexible with Doedee then I can see us being flexible too, to get them the band 1 comp. ...

It surely would mean 2E was gone if we get Doedee? .. and probably the end of speculation on Witherden and Cameron.

I'm with you. I want to be wrong and I'm judging Stephen's on such a small sample size but I haven't seen anything to be excited about.

He's a good sized mid......that's about all I've seen. I never saw him work through traffic well, dodge, weave, kick beautifully, take a strong mark, give a handball that wasn't there. He was just a large mid that got some of the ball, played okay.

Cripps created some play as a kid, he too was a big mid but he gave some of those handballs through traffic that made you think, theres maybe something here.

Again, judging Cooper on very small sample but I just haven't seen it, hopefully our recruiting team did.

Hope I’m wrong but to me it looked like wells regretted not calling out worpel and did not want to risk being made silly passing again on the local kid. Have t seen any spark or unique talent that deserves R1 status but again... limited vision.. but it’s concerning they’re trying to play him on a hbf in the 2’s. Wouldn’t say that’s positive.

Last edited:
For those of us that were looking at Ruck options in this draft... I found this comment by Matt Rendell worth noting..

"I saw a practice match against Sandringham Dragons , played Oakleigh earlier this year in Feb and there was a kid in the ruck for Sandringham Dragons that I didn't even see last year an I thought if he is not top15 I will give the game away....

Who ? Not sure but it will be worth watching to see if some ruck kid comes from no where..?
The kid is Max Heath, 202cm ruckman who competes really well at ground level and can take a contested grab

Top15 in the draft ... according to Rendell..?
But claim after only one game, I guess Rendell also has access to footage from pre-season games so he can analysis that game better. It’s been since March and was also one of the last game I got to go to before covid.

He was very impressive though and if we where able to get champs going he would certainly be Metro’s starting ruck.

But claim after only one game, I guess Rendell also has access to footage from pre-season games so he can analysis that game better. It’s been since March and was also one of the last game I got to go to before covid.

He was very impressive though and if we where able to get champs going he would certainly be Metro’s starting ruck.
compare to Neale... so could there be a couple of rucks in the first 2 rounds in your opinion?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

compare to Neale... so could there be a couple of rucks in the first 2 rounds in your opinion?
Neale is playing more as a key forward for South Fremantle it seems I still need to see him again this year, had a good first game but been quiet the last two. Hard to say if he goes top 30 but he does have plenty of athleticism certainly more than Heath. Both different types of rucks with the athlete Neale and the competitor Heath.

Hope I’m wrong but to me it looked like wells regretted not calling out worpel and did not want to risk being made silly passing again on the local kid. Have t seen any spark or unique talent that deserves R1 status but again... limited vision.. but it’s concerning they’re trying to play him on a hbf in the 2’s. Wouldn’t say that’s positive.

This

Not the end of the world if he doesn't work out, but if guys like Georgiades, Kemp, Gould, and Robertson do it won't look good at all, as at least externally all where rated above CS.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good player Doedee, but would cost a bit and is just a better version of Henry or Kolo. We don't need more Interceptors/Flanker types. Need a genuine spine to build around.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Neale is playing more as a key forward for South Fremantle it seems I still need to see him again this year, had a good first game but been quiet the last two. Hard to say if he goes top 30 but he does have plenty of athleticism certainly more than Heath. Both different types of rucks with the athlete Neale and the competitor Heath.

So Health a bit more like Draper? Neale more like someone like Williams...

The discussion in here has centred around draft V trading in someone in the system that is at a club with good depth. Geelong have shown a reluctance to take young rucks for sometime.. its sound like both would be several years of development away from playing?

Last edited:

I would actually. If he can show he can play in multiple roles..he is more likely to be selectable.

So Health a bit more like Draper? Neale more like someone like Williams...

The discussion in here has centred around draft V trading in someone in the system that is at a club with good depth. Geelong have show a reluctance to take young rucks for sometime.. its sound like both would be several years of development away from playing?
Draper is a better athlete than Heath but yeah similar in competitiveness and marking ability. Neale reminds me a bit of Luke Jackson, obviously not that good but moves the same and uses his leap.

Heath would be more readymade, 89kg and could Pinch hit early on and be a marking target up forward.

It's way too early to rate CS and the rest of the draft class from last year come back in 2 years.

As for crouch I can see why he would appeal we like Free agents as filling the middle age gap has been something we have traded for for years. But his injury record worries me and hence I wouldn't want to overpay..if he is willing to cone for less $ that's different.

I'd be surprised if Adelaide let doedee go at all although I'm glad if we have at least asked the question.

So are we working our way through the Crows' injury list alphabetically? Or is it just Danger's contacts list?

Draper is a better athlete than Heath but yeah similar in competitiveness and marking ability. Neale reminds me a bit of Luke Jackson, obviously not that good but moves the same and uses his leap.

Heath would be more readymade, 89kg and could Pinch hit early on and be a marking target up forward.

Love the feedback thanks for that... the lack of vision is knowledge depriving and frustrating in a year when we have 3 R1 picks.

Care to comment on two other talls that have been mentioned on here..

Henry Walsh. a Falcon and brother of Sam... my memory of him him was he had to fill to out a bit..

Ollie Lord , another tall but more a forward? ... obviously a a surname associated with our club ..and will play with the Falcons this year if and when they play.

It's way too early to rate CS and the rest of the draft class from last year come back in 2 years.

As for crouch I can see why he would appeal we like Free agents as filling the middle age gap has been something we have traded for for years. But his injury record worries me and hence I wouldn't want to overpay..if he is willing to cone for less $ that's different.

I'd be surprised if Adelaide let doedee go at all although I'm glad if we have at least asked the question.
Pretty much. Even though he was a mini draft player.. he is not that type who will immediately add the class we probably need to add to slide the weight of expectation down from Joel and Patty to the middle age. He would be able to help with the clearances averaging 5 over his career. I don't want to hear any numbers that would give them band1.

and on Cooper ... lets just wait and see. My concern with looking at players like Crouch is the games the prevent others having... but if Cooper is good enough he should push past someone.

Love the feedback thanks for that... the lack of vision is knowledge depriving and frustrating in a year when we have 3 R1 picks.

Care to comment on two other talls that have been mentioned on here..

Henry Walsh. a Falcon and brother of Sam... my memory of him him was he had to fill to out a bit..

Ollie Lord , another tall but more a forward? ... obviously a a surname associated with our club ..and will play with the Falcons this year if and when they play.
Yeah Walsh has to fill out, he competed well and has something to work with but he is a rookie pick for mine and a long way off playing senior football

Lord is tied to Sandringham but would play Vic Country but not Geelong Falcons unless he got special permission. He is another good competitor as a key forward but has to work on his production. Hard to say where his range is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back