Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did you watch Rohan today?the best chase down in the league,he’s a point of difference

Yes, and if you read the preview thread for today's match, you'll see I was happy (though surprised) with Rohan's inclusion - he's a point of difference to what we've seen from others up forward this year

I also followed up my quoted comment with the following:

I'm not anti Rohan - I'm happy to see what he had to offer this year, but beyond this season I'm keeping an open mind if he stays or not, and that should depend on form & other bits of the puzzle

Player re-signings in the first half of the season should be focused on the younger guys on the list, those who you want to see in the hoops for the next decade. When looking at extending the contracts of veterans, I'd rather see those talks on hold until later in the season - loved the inclusion of Rohan today & praised him during the match for what he showed during the game & the impact he was having.

But that doesn't mean at this stage we look to extend his contract beyond this season - wait to see how the season plays out, see what form Rohan shows as the season continues & ultimately look at all pieces of the puzzle going forward and if Rohan fits that puzzle or what the alternative options are

Then we need to trade somebody out to get extra picks. Who could that be?
Who has trade value that is 28 or so.
I don't think anybody wants to trade Hawkins , Stewart or Jeremy Cameron.

None of our over 28s have trade value except for the ones that are too valuable to us so we wont go down that route.

Three years too late Todd. FRO.

I mean we need a ruck but i dont want him blocking conway. If its 12 months only then he retires and becomes ruck coach i could live with it but 3 30+ rucks on the list would be odd.

And that one year would've been handy 3 years ago...But not now. It'll be Higgins all over again.

Difference is we have other options for higgins role we have no fit options for ruck.

But we can’t get him until next season when we should have Stanley, Ceglar, Conway, Sav and Blicavs fit.

Fit rucks? Which years have i heard that before hmm.

Fit rucks? Which years have i heard that before hmm.
If you want fit rucks, signing a player turning 35 next season is not a great move. Particularly for someone who turned down the opportunity to play with us previously and is likely to be playing for his pension.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s nothing anyone can convince me that gaining Todd Goldstein is a smart move, and the right decision.

There’s nothing anyone can convince me that gaining Todd Goldstein is a smart move, and the right decision.

Same with Ceglar, didn't want him but we got him anyway and he's been injured all year and most of last year. Could have just kept Fort who is best 22 in a top 4 team and healthy.

Goldstein is only coming as Norf are kicking him and he's got no other takers (i think) same deal as Higgins, otherwise their careers would be over.

Same with Ceglar, didn't want him but we got him anyway and he's been injured all year and most of last year. Could have just kept Fort who is best 22 in a top 4 team and healthy.

Goldstein is only coming as Norf are kicking him and he's got no other takers (i think) same deal as Higgins, otherwise their careers would be over.

Geelong should think of it realistically. It would be interfering with Conways development, who should be ready To play games next year.

Still have Ceglar and Stanley to deal with. So no, even though he may think he has no other options. Always an option to retire.

You’ve had a good career Todd.

If you want fit rucks, signing a player turning 35 next season is not a great move. Particularly for someone who turned down the opportunity to play with us previously and is likely to be playing for his pension.

Im not disagreeing with the idea generally as i dont want goldstein but the rationale is because of the last part of your sentence. The issue about fit rucks i raised because goldy has barely missed a game in 5 years due to injury whereas year after year our rucks are always injured. I wouldnt not be getting a ruck due to having too many fit rucks as we never have them all fit anyway.

Geelong should think of it realistically. It would be interfering with Conways development, who should be ready To play games next year.

Still have Ceglar and Stanley to deal with. So no, even though he may think he has no other options. Always an option to retire.

You’ve had a good career Todd.

Conway wont be ready to play next year which is why we have a gap and a problem. Id fill it with someone other than goldy though.

The word out of Arden Street is that Todd Goldstein’s club of choice for next year is Geelong, citing the reason as “family.”

With Ceglar and Stanley and the rise of Conway, I don’t see us needing him.
I'll believe it when I see it. Don't think he's coming

We couldn't keep Fort though, that's the only reason we picked up Ceglar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back