Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apart from Ablett did we lose any of the 07-11 era to 💰?

One thing I love about the current culture is it takes real buy-in to the salary structure. You’re either in or you can go elsewhere. That extra level of commitment is worth something I think.
Mumford is the only one I can think of, I'm adamant we win one maybe two more (certainly 2013) if we had signed him instead of Blake.

I watched O'Henry closely a few times. He took some special marks in some of the games and as is well known was instrumental in getting the Pies over the line in a couple of close ones. i also noticed him ranging up the ground and looking very mobile at times.

He will learn to chase and do the little things at Geelong.

Can’t see anyone being ripped away this year but it could happen next year. Neale for example will need plenty of AFL games to stick with us.

He will but our good culture and also the fact that theres a chance to play finals (successful clubs players will take unders to stay at) means i dont think he will walk for lots of $ elsewhere he will only go if hes genuinely homesick back to WA (which is a genuine issue we need to be across).

With
Have no idea why there is any concern with Ollie Henry. 2nd year mid sized fwd, had some great performances this year. Reads the flight really well, has great hands and a great leap. Should be priority number 1 during trade week. Would be over the moon if we jagged him.
THe only concern is that Pies look like wanting to keep him

Yes I think another 29 would only create problems, we already have Menegola to return, possibly Simpson if we need depth. And they need spots for 3-4 young ones.

Thats why bruhn is good because he can play afl straight away next year to give us depth but is young enough to be a starting mid long after our other mids have retired.

THe only concern is that Pies look like wanting to keep him
If Ollie really wants to get to us all he needs to do is start chatting with North.

He is OOC, if Pies think he might be happy to slide into the PSD and get to North it should put them in a position where they just gotta take what's on offer from us (assuming it's not a ridiculous offer, which we never do).

We drafted Duncan with the pick we got for Mummy... Was a win/win in the end for sure.
I don't disagree re Mitch, but the glaring hole in our team that we've tried to throw so much cash, time and effort at over the past decade has been a decent ruckman. Guys like McIntosh, Clark, Stephenson, Vardy, Simpson, Smith (and much maligned premiership players West and Stanley) were all bought in to try fix a gap that wouldn't have existed had Mumford stayed on.

I watched O'Henry closely a few times. He took some special marks in some of the games and as is well known was instrumental in getting the Pies over the line in a couple of close ones. i also noticed him ranging up the ground and looking very mobile at times.
He will learn to chase and do the little things at Geelong.
Yeah I’m not sure those that have concerns about Ollie have pictured him in a forward line consisting of Hawkins and Cameron either. Not a lot of key forward strength at the Pies right now so he was probably expected to play a pseudo key forward role of sorts.

FWIW, I reckon he’s got it. Could be real good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Ollie really wants to get to us all he needs to do is start chatting with North.

He is OOC, if Pies think he might be happy to slide into the PSD and get to North it should put them in a position where they just gotta take what's on offer from us (assuming it's not a ridiculous offer, which we never do).
I read he did go to Arden St and do a tour there. So I think that seed has already been planted by him and his management.

Yeah I’m not sure those that have concerns about Ollie have pictured him in a forward line consisting of Hawkins and Cameron either. Not a lot of key forward strength at the Pies right now so he was probably expected to play a pseudo key forward role of sorts.

FWIW, I reckon he’s got it. Could be real good.
I think mid-size medium tall forwards tend to get judged more harshly? But this guy can seriously play and if he turns out half as good as Gunston / Darling, we are winning. I'm very keen on him

I read he did go to Arden St and do a tour there. So I think that seed has already been planted by him and his management.
Depends on how Collingwood want play it. I think cats will get him with a late first (and that's a steal btw, he's going to be seriously good) as we have never been tough on trades. But that option, of sending him to North, is there.

Smith signed on for 2023 and five delisted today. I think that means the following are currently without a contract for next year:

Dahlhaus
Z.Guthrie
Hawkins
Higgins
Rohan
Selwood
Simpson
Tuohy

Higgins has retired already.

Dahl will and Selwood probably will too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back