Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

So you thinking Stengle would be offer 800k or more from another club to push him to band1?

I just don’t see him getting that high of an offer.

But hey, if he does and leaves, I’ll be pretty happy with band1 and then it’ll just depend on where we finish on the ladder.
With the salary cap boost 800k for an All Australian small forward would be the standard tbh.

With the salary cap boost 800k for an All Australian small forward would be the standard tbh.
Sure if he was AA this year.

It’ll be two seasons of footy since his AA at the end of this year.

I just don’t think clubs will offer him that much.

I doubt we do.

Anyway if someone does and we get band 1 I’ll live with it.

Bang Mannagh into Stengles position and get busy trying to get Smith with some of all of that compo.

Net gain imo.

Of course take it with a grain of salt, but on Gettable today, they mentioned opposition clubs are starting to resign themselves to the fact that Holmes is staying at Geelong.
His form this season so far has been nothing short of awesome. Getting him locked away is my #1 hope, far ahead of any off-season recruits come years end.

Sure if he was AA this year.

It’ll be two seasons of footy since his AA at the end of this year.

I just don’t think clubs will offer him that much.

I doubt we do.

Anyway if someone does and we get band 1 I’ll live with it.

Bang Mannagh into Stengles position and get busy trying to get Smith with some of all of that compo.

Net gain imo.
Wouldn't be so sure about that.

If we finish top 4 (on track) and Stengle kicks 40+ (also on track) he's every chance to be AA again.

It's a moot point anyway though, as you're right that we probably win either way in this scenario.

I can't see him leaving unless he's offered obscene money, and if he leaves for that money we get band 1 anyway.

IF Stengle were to leave, who would be the genuine suitors after a crafty small forward?

And is money a motivation or is it more about on field success?

We won't dud him with a contract, but likely still a few things to play out

Of course take it with a grain of salt, but on Gettable today, they mentioned opposition clubs are starting to resign themselves to the fact that Holmes is staying at Geelong.
Don't build me up buttercup just to let me down and mess me around! And worst of all, he hasn't signed yet but we think he will, and give me a thrill.

IF Stengle were to leave, who would be the genuine suitors after a crafty small forward?

On the main board Carlton are the name that keep coming up.

Nothing linking him or anything like that, but they're a club that desperately need a player of his quality.

They're in the window, and probably will be for another couple years.

Guys like Owies, Fog, Durdin, & Motlop aren't going to cut it at the business end of the season when teams can just double and triple team Curnow & McKay (Hence Curnows awful finals series last year)

Carlton would kill for a player like him.

Not sure they have cap room though.

There’s probably others but the Blues come to my mind first as a team in the window that need a player like Stengle.

Carlton, Stengle is far better then all their crappy smalls. I'd expect Geelong to match any reasonable offer, you don't let good player go just because you can. Honestly think he's underrated, guy was a gun on GF day and os our best goal kicking small forward.

Carlton was the main team I was thinking about - should be in the premiership window, they have a number of small forwards but they're not at the quality of Stengle and then there's the Betts link

Would Carlton have the salary cap to get a deal done would be the main question?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton, Stengle is far better then all their crappy smalls. I'd expect Geelong to match any reasonable offer, you don't let good player go just because you can. Honestly think he's underrated, guy was a gun on GF day and os our best goal kicking small forward.

Reckon Stengle has taken his footy to another level in 2024 in comparison to 2022 when he was All Australian, as he's playing far more as a team-man now and you can see he's developing a real affinity with the other Geelong smalls as they congratulate each other when one hands off a goal to the other, which is exactly what Stengle did when he gifted Close a goal in the goal square against the Roos last weekend. That was 'unselfish' team-manship at it's finest, so Stengle is developing a real bond and chemistry with his fellow elite Geelong smalls and I reckon it's not something he'd wanna lose in a hurry, however as others have stated on this thread that money has a way of changing the most loyal of minds..... GO CATS

There is it.
The F/S rule change being put in place for our 20+ candidates coming
They can be concealed if they are coming through the falcons. A couple of good games to show their skills, then alot of hidden testing and training at the club and then sitting out the season with 'back or foot issues'....

Carlton as others have mentioned
I'd say Essendon and Gold Coast have the need and the $

On the main board Carlton are the name that keep coming up.

Nothing linking him or anything like that, but they're a club that desperately need a player of his quality.

They're in the window, and probably will be for another couple years.

Guys like Owies, Fog, Durdin, & Motlop aren't going to cut it at the business end of the season when teams can just double and triple team Curnow & McKay (Hence Curnows awful finals series last year)
Given their win/loss with/without Walsh a straight swap would seem fair.

I was just curious if anyone else had heard anything

You would think he'd stay though
It'll end up the same as Gulden at the Swans IMO.

Got a 10 year deal to leave...but was never actually going to. He's a Sydney boy and has been in and around the club since he was 12 years old.

Henry is very similar, both of them are really. They've bled blue & white long before they even played here, we'd have to get rid of them before they leave of their own accord.

Some things just never change

IMG_2928.png

Got a 10 year deal to leave...but was never actually going to. He's a Sydney boy and has been in and around the club since he was 12 years old.

Henry is very similar, both of them are really. They've bled blue & white long before they even played here, we'd have to get rid of them before they leave of their own accord.

View attachment 1962110
Third brother any good??

View attachment 1962110
They need to recreate that family photo

Just watched this, Riley and Cal made it seem that the hold up is Holmes deciding between a two year deal or a four year deal to take him to FA. Either way, it seems more likely by the day that Max is going nowhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back