Strategy Going through the scraps - delisted free agents

Remove this Banner Ad

They are talking about taking Skinner as a dfa again this morning, can someone clarify if this is right or does he have to be drafted?
Hard to find anything conclusive. Skinner was clearly a delisted free agent at one point so the question is whether he retains that status indefinitely. Stengle is going to Geelong as a DFA after not being picked up in the mid-season draft, maybe that's a rough guide.

Are you sure of that? Having previously been on an AFL list and delisted doesn’t he retain that status? Or do you have to be delisted in the previous year?

More sure than I should have been! :p

By my count we now have:
- 32 main list players (out of 36 to 38)
- 3 rookie listed players (out of 4 to 6)
- 1 cat B rookie listed player

Leaving room for:
- DFA Dumont + 3x ND picks, 2x RD picks & Mayes
- Upgrade Frederick, DFA Dumont + 2x ND picks, 2x RD picks & Mayes
- Some other combination

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that i am aware of. Would be a way better option than Dumont, or any other of the DFA midfield options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know he's not the sexiest option, but how can you say Freeman is a better option than a guy with multiple top 5 BnF finishes?

I like the idea of Freeman too, but can tell you the club think he's too slow for AFL footy now.

I like the idea of Freeman too, but can tell you the club think he's too slow for AFL footy now.
Too slow?? What happened to all that speed he had as an 18 year old and dominated the sprint events at the draft combine? Has he been in a good paddock?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back