Opinion Hinkley thread

Should the Sack Hinkley thread be closed?

• Sack the Sack Hinkley thread

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Sack Hinkley

Votes: 53 77.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You must come from a time when player's/ teams that disliked their coach won many a premiership?
And coaches and clubs were more concerned with being respected than liked.

I cant imagine many players like Clarko but they damn well respect him, even when he moves them on.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not all players like Ken. They get moved on pretty quick though. Keeps his little favs close. Sometimes makes them captain when they have done the opposite of earning it

Im against a vote because the options are so bad. Its not a choice between do you think the thread should be closed or do you think hinkley should be sacked.

A better and clearer set of options would be do you want freedom of opinion and communication or do you want to turn the forum in to an overly censored place where nobody can say anything that goes against the group think.

What makes this place good is that i know i can log in and see posts from both thundercloud and us against the rest and know that essentially they are on the same side and want the same thing (port success), but have different ideas of how to achieve it.

I am in agony! I want Hinkley gone, but I know he will get another year. But after that he needs to depart into the mist.
But I am also just sick & tired of multiple anti-Hinkley threads inundated with stupid posts that provide nothing of substance!

Which way do I vote?:think:

You must come from a time when player's/ teams that disliked their coach won many a premiership?

Remove the word disliked. Replace it with the word respected.
Much better.

I am in agony! I want Hinkley gone, but I know he will get another year. But after that he needs to depart into the mist.
But I am also just sick & tired of multiple anti-Hinkley threads inundated with stupid posts that provide nothing of substance!

Sack Hinkley

When did Ken Hinkley’s ongoing employment and the pathological urge to imbue him with near-papal infallibility become more important to Karens and Boomers than the actual health of Port Adelaide’s raison d’être?

Was it the Collingwood final? The Freo final? The Advertiser t-shirts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When did Ken Hinkley’s ongoing employment and the pathological urge to imbue him with near-papal infallibility become more important to Karens and Boomers than the actual health of Port Adelaide’s raison d’être?

It was when he anchored his tinny at the entrance to Outer Harbor in 2013 and single handedly stopped our club from being shipped to Tasmania. We need to be grateful for everything since

It was when he anchored his tinny at the entrance to Outer Harbor in 2013 and single handedly stopped our club from being shipped to Tasmania. We need to be grateful for everything since

I’ve seen a staggering number of people who say this in regards to Koch’s mythological business acumen, but yeah, the old “gUeSs YoU wErEn’T tHeRe In 2011” factor covers all facets.

ya the Freo/Hawks games in 2014 were our last good memories and some are clinging on like the last toilet roll in Woolies in March

Sometimes people need to vent. Other times they need to dissect why we are so consistently unable to stand up to expectation. As time goes on, the dissection becomes pointless. The only people who don't know what Ken Hinkley's fatal flaws are at this point are deliberately ignoring the overwhelming available evidence, so the venting becomes more frequent.

The threads were a lot more balanced in 2017, when he should have been sacked. Three years of the same s**t later, people are angry and rightly so.

What makes this place good is that i know i can log in and see posts from both thundercloud and us against the rest and know that essentially they are on the same side and want the same thing (port success), but have different ideas of how to achieve it.

You're giving thundercloud too much credit here.

What you've said would be true of something like Janus. He wants Port Adelaide premierships, and he has different ideas than the majority of this board as to how to best go about achieving them, but he is willing to actually defend and debate his ideas. thundercloud seems to exist purely to post utterly nonsensical 'defences' of Hinkley himself, and I put 'defences' in quotes there because they generally aren't so much actual defences of Hinkley as they are personal attacks on those who want him gone.

Sometimes people need to vent. Other times they need to dissect why we are so consistently unable to stand up to expectation. As time goes on, the dissection becomes pointless. The only people who don't know what Ken Hinkley's fatal flaws are at this point are deliberately ignoring the overwhelming available evidence, so the venting becomes more frequent.

The threads were a lot more balanced in 2017, when he should have been sacked. Three years of the same sh*t later, people are angry and rightly so.
Koch blinking & re-signing him was a mega stuff up! Up there with the re-signing of Choco last decade. But its done, and sure lets vent when we need to, and make appropriate noise when we need to, and when it accomplishes something. Constantly crapping-on in just about every thread for the last two years has become beyond a bore though.

That said, Schofield is the man I want as our next coach.

The intent was to give an equal voice to all posters by a vote rather than number of comments. Imo i consider it successful re this.

1 : 5.5 to close thread
or 5.5 : 1 to sack and not change thread

60 responses from a total of 249 members who have posted on this thread.

categorising of Comments

11 clear sack comments
9 sort of neutral comments pro, con sort
19 comments could not classify as either of above. A mixed bag. This number surprised me!

one comment that 2 options like for a political fork. I agree with that comment that 2 opposite choices are limiting as per a straw poll.

a hegelian would possibly say that 2 contradictory things will grow into something other?

Back