Traded Izak Rankine traded to Adelaide with #46 & F4 (Freo) for #5, F3 & F4

Remove this Banner Ad

You could argue that with SYD as well ....#17 for Dawson, 2nd in the B&F .....and unlucky to miss out on the AA squad IMO
Yes, the Dawson trade was ridiculous and probably the only reason I'm not completely piling on you guys for insisting it's not going to be 5. I get why your confident but I would be close to demanding Bell's resignation if they let a Rankine go and not getting pick 5. I dont think Suns are in the same position as Sydney in accepting egregious unders though

Yes, the Dawson trade was ridiculous and probably the only reason I'm not completely piling on you guys for insisting it's not going to be 5. I get why your confident but I would be close to demanding Bell's resignation if they let a Rankine go and not getting pick 5. I dont think Suns are in the same position as Sydney in accepting egregious unders though
Personally, I believe our 2023 1st will be the key Draft Pick .....it'll depend though, if Phillipou is in our sights, as we need a big bodied mid .....if he's not, then this years pick comes back into play

Just on the PSD threat .....hardly a plethora of competing teams vying to pay a front end loaded Contract .....one was a recycled player to GC

1661406011802.png

Personally, I believe our 2023 1st will be the key Draft Pick .....it'll depend though, if Phillipou is in our sights, as we need a big bodied mid .....if he's not, then this years pick comes back into play

Just on the PSD threat .....hardly a plethora of competing teams vying to pay a front end loaded Contract .....one was a recycled player to GC

View attachment 1490697
I cant agree the first part is even relevant "sorry, we want your quality young player but the compensation that's "fair" we want to spend elsewhere, so you can take this lesser compensation, k, thanks"

Sorry, not following your point on the PSD threat? You'd agree the only reason you can get away with not using pick 5 is the same as with Dawson where your club is making it very clear they are happy to take the player through PSD if needed?

Wouldn't say they are wild personally. Only repeating what has been said in the media. I cannot provide evidence as I am not his manager or the Crows list manager. These are literally the only people who can. This is a footy forum my man, don't take it too seriously.
Yeah…

Dont take it too seriously..

48C709D6-33FA-4C20-B9C8-28746AA41AF3.jpeg

Says the bloke with the highest number of comments in this thread…

Yeah…

Dont take it too seriously..

View attachment 1490701

Says the bloke with the highest number of comments in this thread…

What's wrong with that? I enjoy the light hearted discussion of BF (also I am on holiday atm). Doesn't mean I take it seriously. I seem to have triggered you but don't worry we are all good man this is just footy at the end of the day.

I’ve said several times now that pick 5 should be on the table and, as a crows supporter, I wouldnt care if that’s what it cost..

2 1sts would be the cost if it was picks in the teens we were talking about..

But any talk of two top 5/10 picks is ludicrous.

And I wouldnt be surprised to see the crows make a play for brisbane’s first this year and offer that up instead..

I’ve said several times now that pick 5 should be on the table and, as a crows supporter, I wouldnt care if that’s what it cost..

2 1sts would be the cost if it was pivks in the teens..

But two top 5/10 picks is ludicrous.

And I wouldnt be surprised to see the crows make a play for brisbane’s first this year and offer that up instead..

He is a generational talent though? I would give up two top 10 picks for him if I was the Crows.

It's just my opinion though, I have never had a job as a list manager tbh.

I cant agree the first part is even relevant "sorry, we want your quality young player but the compensation that's "fair" we want to spend elsewhere, so you can take this lesser compensation, k, thanks"
Each Club looks after their own, agree it's not fair, and it's getting worse IMO .....only time the seller gets a good deal, is if there's a domino of other trades to be completed

The Crows have been put over a barrel in nearly all deals in recent times, generally forgotten ......
Keath - 27 YO for #45
Greenwood - future 3rd and 4th round picks .....IIRC maybe one of which was used

Sorry, not following your point on the PSD threat? You'd agree the only reason you can get away with not using pick 5 is the same as with Dawson where your club is making it very clear they are happy to take the player through PSD if needed?
I agree .....I'd also say, it's not the Clubs usual ploy, it normally likes to get a deal done

I suspect, as per my 1st point .....the Club has a bit of a memory of being taken advantage of in prior years .....it was a bit of a running joke that ADEL was easy to get players out of ....cheaply

Would you say Rankine on current output is equal to Charlie Cameron ? ......we got #12 for him 🤔

He is a generational talent though? I would give up two top 10 picks for him if I was the Crows.
“Generational talent”..

What does that even mean?..

Its just another media buzz word. Means little at the end of the day.

He’s a very talented young footballer who hasnt yet lived up to the hype that surrounded him in his draft year.. and in his fourth year has shown some good signs that he may do..

That is all.

“Generational talent”..

What does that even mean?..

Its just another media buzz word. Means little at the end of the day.

He’s a very talented young footballer who hasnt yet lived up to the hype that surrounded him in his draft year.. and in his fourth year has shown some good signs that he may do..

That is all.

I don't think the Crows list managers are idiots. They recognise what I said and offered him a godfather deal. That tells you all you need to know.

2 1sts would be the cost if it was picks in the teens we were talking about..

But any talk of two top 5/10 picks is ludicrous.

Yep, agreed, it's pretty much exactly the same as the Cerra situation. Pick 5 is an obvious piece for the trade that I wouldnt think is even negotiable. Whether GC get a small bonus like a future 3rd or Crows squeeze out of their 2nd round picks this year should be where the negotiations are.

I like the idea of swapping out an Adelaide future 2nd for one of GC's 2nds this year because it's added value to both sides

I don't think the Crows list managers are idiots. They recognise what I said and offered him a godfather deal. That tells you all you need to know.
Again,

You dont know what they have offered him.. so your comment is hard to take seriously.

Could be $700, $800 or $900 a year..

Channel 7 Adelaide, who normally get very good mail on the crows, said its $700k a year and the earlier reports of $800k and higher were media exaggerations.

If its $700k, and reports that the Suns offered $650k a year are correct, then its hardly “godfather” type territory…

The only thing that could “tell us all we need to know” would be Izak’s manager coming out and telling us exactly what both clubs have offered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1490697
Hypothetically, we could look to trade our 2022 1st with a side in the bottom half of the top 8 this year where we get their 2022 and 2023 1sts for what is likely a top 5 pick if they want access at the pointy end next year if there is a taker. (maybe balance out with some later picks as necessary). A Carlton / Crows Stocker type trade

Then flip the mid 1st and our 2nd to GC straight up for Rankine. A mid 1st and early 2nd with nothing coming back is more than fair

Hypothetically, we could look to trade our 2022 1st with a side in the bottom half of the top 8 this year where we get their 2022 and 2023 1sts for what is likely a top 5 pick if they want access at the pointy end next year if there is a taker. (maybe balance out with some later picks as necessary). A Carlton / Crows Stocker type trade

Then flip the mid 1st and our 2nd to GC straight up for Rankine. A mid 1st and early 2nd with nothing coming back is more than fair
Stkilda is the one they should be looking at in this respect for that type of pick 5 for trade..

Too much risk with Carlton as they really should be higher up the ladder than they are.. and should finish up around the top 4 next year..

Stkilda on the other hand..

Again,

You dont know what they have offered him.. so your comment is hard to take seriously.

Could be $700, $800 or $900 a year..

Channel 7 Adelaide, who normally get very good mail on the crows, said its $700k a year and the earlier reports of $800k and higher were media exaggerations.

If its $700k, and reports that the Suns offered $650k a year are correct, then its hardly “godfather” type territory…

The only thing that could “tell us all we need to know” would be Izak’s manager coming out and telling us exactly what both clubs have offered.
Adelaide fan states that Adelaide biased media never get anything wrong. Sounds legit.

Adelaide fan states that Adelaide biased media never get anything wrong. Sounds legit.
Channel 7 news Adelaide normally get pretty good intel..

Another one that also does is ex crow (and father of a current crows player) Steven Rowe..

And just in the last hour on his Adelaide radio show he has said that he has spoken with the crows and they have informed him that;

-the contract is nowhere near $800k a year
-Rankine will be playing more Midfield and
-pick 5 is not going to be part of the trade deal…

Another one that also does is ex crow (and father of a current crows player) Steven Rowe..

And just in the last hour on his Adelaide radio show he has said that he has spoken with the crows and they have informed him that;

Is this the same Adelaide tv that said Adelaide were looking at Brennan Cox and it would cost an early 2nd?

Oh dear...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back