Traded Jack Bowes [Traded to Geelong with #7 for F3]

Remove this Banner Ad

What is Bowes worth under “normal circumstances”? Not a salary dump situation

He is an average player and average salary is around $380k per year. I suspect years 3 and 4 he would get around that, with years 1 and 2 being the huge GCS salary dump.

But with claims that Geelong are spreading it out over 4 years with nothing extra they are rating him as worth $0 after the salary dump.

Especially given Holmes takes that spot back.

So he, Bruhn and Parfitt are competing for the sub spot, whereas Bowes would be best 22 at both the Hawks and Bombers.

this and also the tagger oconnor. it all depend on how patience he is, cam gutheir, blizacs, smith and dangerfield possibly moving on next year or 2

According to whom? Reported where? The only people who seem to think this are Hawthorne fans.

I'm not saying he won't be at those clubs, but the media seem to disagree about Essendon being out of the running.
They’re going on what some of the twats, Twomey and co are saying. But rest easy Essendone fans it’s all throwing darts at a dart board stuff.

Gee there’s some Essendone fans getting there nose out of joint on this one!
Well, we like the player, as we have only Archie Perkins as a taller midfielder.
We aren't just in it for the pick. Also, a bunch of your mob have been counting us out of the race, which is just stupid.

Other clubs can act like jilted lovers or can get better. Suggest getting better.

Geelong have been well run for too long and have advantages that most other clubs can't match. I'd be surprised if Bowes didn't end up there, and if he does I reckon they'll make him a better player than he would be anywhere else - like they did for Stengle - so it's probably best for his career too.

"Wait til you are 27 or 28 and then your career may take off, except that kid we get with pick 7 also goes ahead of you"...

or get tagged out of every game because he joined one of these so-called lessor teams..
I think he should join essendon as they got the money to pay him and finally a decent coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Bowes can’t get a game for Gold Coast, then how does he expect to get games at Geelong who have more than a dozen midfield rotations?

I can understand if Bowes chooses Essendon. Geelong however make no sense, unless Bowes is happy to play in the VFL for the next two years.

If he comes its obviously because he thinks he will be best 23 (well really that he will be best 30 because we will rest oldies and that then his form will be good enough to be best 23 in finals)..if he doesnt back himself to do that he wont come here. We obviously must also think he is a good chance to be best 23.

"Wait til you are 27 or 28 and then your career may take off, except that kid we get with pick 7 also goes ahead of you"...

Tbh by the time he is 26 (forget 28) the majority of our vets will be retired or phased out anyway. Its a 12-24 month problem at most.

Tbh by the time he is 26 (forget 28) the majority of our vets will be retired or phased out anyway. Its a 12-24 month problem at most.

I mean if these guys can play to 35 maybe they can play to 40! Given that you mob are breaking new ground, I'm kinda interested to see how far you can take it.

I'm picturing guys hobbling around the field, sitting down between goals, going for a piss at quarter time - but still winning games because they just seem to always be in the right place at the right time and they're way smarter than the 18 years olds they're playing against.

Happy for the Hawks to pay well over for his contract to nab pick 7. Keep him as a fringe vfl player for a few seasons, then delist so Geelong get their man.

I agree with this completely. Essendon would likely take him without the pick 7 seeing as we have so much cap space.
Bowes is legitimately the type of player we need. Taller mid with foot skills really does fit the bill.

Gee there’s some Essendone fans getting there nose out of joint on this one!
Almost as much as Hawks fans and their laughable pettiness towards Cal Twoomey🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back