News Live Pass scrapped - Kayo now sole streaming option.

Remove this Banner Ad

They still make a heap more from Foxtel by charging a higher cost to access sport than Kayo and extras they charge for boxes. The iq5 is now a streaming device that doesn't need a satellite installed.

They clearly prefer Foxtel subscribers to Kayo and that is why they play the charade. Kayo was setup to capture the people who wouldn't sub to Foxtel, not to have people drop Foxtel and get Kayo instead. Yes that was a symptom of Kayo but the hope was more subs overall and more money.
Why would anyone still pay for Foxtel unless you have poor network access and can't access streaming services.

Why would anyone still pay for Foxtel unless you have poor network access and can't access streaming services.
Because foxtel is a million times better to use, for example if you want to record games and watch them back without spoilers. Kayo is very unreliable.

Used to have Foxtel up until about 3 years ago when I cancelled in favour of Kayo. Kayo doesn't have the best app but at $25 compared to Foxtel price its miles better value. So no regrets there.

Personally i found recording games a pain. It means you have to waste time before hand setting things up and scrolling around seeing what time games are on. Then clearing data etc. I'd much rather just go on at my leisure and watch replays.

I think once you get used to Netflix esque style streaming you just expect things to be available at your leisure to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty of illegal services that show these games. Yes a pain getting started, but work a treat once the Ads are finished.

unblocktech is apparently a legal stream and works a treat for just about everything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back