Traded Peter Ladhams and #16 traded to Sydney for #12 and F3

Remove this Banner Ad

Really rated him when he got to ruck solo, he obviously stinks as a fwd. But when solo rucking he seemed to be like a poor man Grundy... racking up poss just not quite as good.

Hayes has got through one season in his 4 years on the list, be a massive risk for him to be second in line.

Surely if one had to fall out you'd trade the guy thats done an ACL and hardly got on the park.
Hayes tap work at SANFL level is very, very good. He couldn’t have done a lot more to impress at that level this year. I know I’m comparing apples to oranges, but Ladhams time as ruck this year when Lycett got suspended left a lot to be desired. I think internally we don’t like his chances of holding down first ruck, purely a guess though.

His best position is definitely forward/backup ruck and he showed he can do that to a pretty high standard at times. We wouldn’t be wanting to part with him unless it got something juicy. I think this is purely a ploy to land a high draft pick or a big fish.

Port/other teams do this every year. It’s called testing the market and they have done the same with players such as Wingard & Amon. If it comes back that a team is willing to pay overs (Wingard) then they do the trade. If no-one has interest then they simply keep the player (Amon).

Pete is a bit of an air head. Lot’s of potential but he can also be a bit hesitant. I could certainly see him developing into the #1 ruck role as he is still young and has time on his side. I think its mainly to do with his belief and self confidence at this stage.

Port do seem to have a no d*ckhead policy and were happy to trade Wingard, de-list Aidyn Johnson & give SPP the hard word earlier in the year. Pete may also be an example of this.

Port/other teams do this every year. It’s called testing the market and they have done the same with players such as Wingard & Amon. If it comes back that a team is willing to pay overs (Wingard) then they do the trade. If no-one has interest then they simply keep the player (Amon).

Pete is a bit of an air head. Lot’s of potential but he can also be a bit hesitant. I could certainly see him developing into the #1 ruck role as he is still young and has time on his side. I think its mainly to do with his belief and self confidence at this stage.

Port do seem to have a no d*ckhead policy and were happy to trade Wingard, de-list Aidyn Johnson & give SPP the hard word earlier in the year. Pete may also be an example of this.
Yeah but you usually test the market with players you don't mind losing.

Dare say Port are fishing to see what type of currency they can get for him, good offer just might see them cash him in.

Yeah but you usually test the market with players you don't mind losing.

I think they’d be happy to let him go if the price was right. He’s tall and has potential as a forward / backup ruck but the off field stuff is very concerning.

If people knew a bit more about who he is and who he hangs out with it would make sense why he is being sent to the market to have a look at his currency.

I think they’d be happy to let him go if the price was right. He’s tall and has potential as a forward / backup ruck but the off field stuff is very concerning.

If people knew a bit more about who he is and who he hangs out with it would make sense why he is being sent to the market to have a look at his currency.
You can't just leave a fella hanging on that. Do tell

Im not convinced hes anything more than how Port use him to be honest, on the rare occasion Lycett has been out I've thought hes struggled to cope, Port probably want a top 30 pick for a guy who is more of a forward that can play in the Ruck than a Ruck that can play forward to me.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dare say Port are fishing to see what type of currency they can get for him, good offer just might see them cash him in.

I think this is what we are doing.

Going back a number of years ago when we had Lobbe as our number 1 ruckman for a year other teams were sniffing and I think it was the dogs were willing to pay a good first round pick (about 10-12 from memory) but we held him. The next year Lobbe went so far backwards and the following year was basically out of the game.

We didn’t pull the trigger and could have had a shot at a gun youngster. I’d say this may be our aim as we are desperate for some young pure midfielders and key defenders which we won’t get outside the first round.

Perhaps just fishing to see if anyone will offers up something which is enticing enough

If its a buyers market who would take him?
Dogs- Martin and English?
Suns- No chance with Chol and Witts

Biggest thing is his Salary in his last year of the contract.
Martin obviously isn’t a long term solution for the Dogs. It’s likely this weekend will be his last game. Personally I’d prefer a number 1 ruck type more than Ladhams.

Off field issues no doubt, feels like something has happened and they are trying to wipe hands clean before sh*t hits the fan

Off-field issues are being overblown lol. He’s just a laconic guy and Chinese whispers goes from Pete admitting he needed to apply himself more a few years back to being on the grassy knoll with a rifle. He’s no different to a hundred other players in the afl in that he doesn’t have the application of a travis boak, but he’s not off the rails either.

Aidyn Johnson?

If its a buyers market who would take him?
Dogs- Martin and English?
Suns- No chance with Chol and Witts

Biggest thing is his Salary in his last year of the contract.

Martin will retire so dogs might. Geelong probably would.

Martin already got a one year deal

The second year was a trigger clause wasnt it?he wont have played enough games to hit it. Regardless they will want to retire him and get a younger ready to go ruck if they can.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back