Preview Rd15: Changes & prematch discussion vs *Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Ins but we look very slow now with Hartung out - the wings and back flanks have no wheels.

Probably not much we can actually do about it but we will need to play a very slow, keepings off type of style of play here.

If they get on the outside they will burn us off.

Must keep this a tight contested game and keep possession.

Happy to see Clarkey back in.

Why not list him as managed then so we know.

I would not be surprised to still see him play. Brad was a bit ambivalent about BennyJ coming up this weekend. Why not name him though and let the *druggies ponder the situation through their bloodshot eyes (drug induced)

If we deny them the corridor and force them to run the flanks I think this takes away some of the strengths that helped them win against the weagles. We will have to take advantage of our chances when we get forward, their backline rebounds well. I think Clarke in for his run is understandable given Hartung going out, but he'll have to use it better than he has previously. I think we have a real edge in the inside game and in our backline, but we'll have to use it well to take advantage of this. Could end up looking like kick to kick between the 50's!

Hrovat doesn’t apply enough pressure. If Saad or McKenna end up on him they’ll tear us apart. At least Zurhaar would keep them honest

Sure, agree. It's still not that simple though. Put it another way - we don't expect either Zurhaar or Hrovat to be the difference between winning or losing but we do want someone in that runs for 100mins and lets the guys we do think will win it play their roles. I think Zurhaar would be a valid in if we hadn't lost Hartung, Jacobs proppy and Ahern still a possibility. We can't have so many guys that can't run out games.

• 9 Luke Davies-Uniacke
  • 15 Paul Ahern
I'm really disappointed that the future of our football club isn't playing every week. Would love to see these two getting consistent games. Especially over Hartung and Hrovat. I know Hartung isn't playing this week but he shouldn't be playing over these guys.

• 9 Luke Davies-Uniacke
  • 15 Paul Ahern
I'm really disappointed that the future of our football club isn't playing every week. Would love to see these two getting consistent games. Especially over Hartung and Hrovat. I know Hartung isn't playing this week but he shouldn't be playing over these guys.
On the money on LDU and Ahern. Not sure why Ahern needs a break - we've just come off a bye. He's been dropped because if he needed a spell he wouldn't be an emerg
ency.How Ahern goes out before Turner is a headscratcher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the money on LDU and Ahern. Not sure why Ahern needs a break - we've just come off a bye. He's been dropped because if he needed a spell he wouldn't be an emerg
ency.How Ahern goes out before Turner is a headscratcher.
Because not every player has the same role.

I’m loving ahern as much as the next bloke, but got no ill feelings about him being out. Played what now, 3-4 games. Can not knock him for skill at all, his tanks the issue, give him a week or 2 in the vfl, with a taste of the afl in his mouth, knowing and actually feeling where he’s lacking, he’ll be better for it, especially his first year.

Hrovat on the other hand would want to have a blinder. He’s a poor mans caleb daniels whos a very poor mans boomer. Need more

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

To be fair they couldn't even get the ball into their 50 in the first quarter when we piled on 6 goals so Kennedy and Darling would have been non-factors anyway. The reason we were able to pile on those 6 goals was because they allowed us free run of the corridor. I doubt North will do the same and I expect you'll probably win unless we play out of our skins.
Yeah the 6 day break from Sydney. No real surprised they were sluggish. Your still talking like the pre season when you were dreaming of finals and finals wins. The footy gods have build your hopes up and then smashed them. Let’s just call it the doping karma coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back