Unofficial Preview JLT cup Strathalbyn, Sunday 25th Feb @ 1.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have been in my best players, apart from one play where his decision making was very questionable he was more than serviceable but then I don't have a pre-conceived agenda like you. Easily the most disappointing players on the day were Jenkins and Gibson given their experience , both did SFA
I was watching him closely... took until the final minute of the 1st quarter before he finally hit a target. By that time he'd already kicked the ball out on the full, run straight into an opponent and been called HTB, and missed a shot on goal from dead in front. Things barely improved for him in the second half, where he turned the ball over when attempting to centre it to a player on the 50m arc, and missed another relatively easy shot on goal. His second half was better than the first, but that's coming off a subterranean baseline.

My best players were Gibbs, M Crouch, Murphy, Laird, Dear (particularly early), Lynch, Atkins, Seedsman.

Worst players included JJ, Hampton, Keath.

Mackay was neither particularly good, nor particularly bad. The same can be said for a lot of other players, including Gibson, Doedee, Fogarty (limited game time), and CEY.

There was a reason one of the worst teams in the game delisted him.
Even in a shit team you don't play 130 straight from debut if you can't play...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-25/match-report-adelaide-v-fremantle-jlt1

ADELAIDE 2.3 7.7 9.9 13.13 (91)
FREMANTLE 3.1 3.2 8.5 12.9 (81)

GOALS

Adelaide: Murphy 3, Atkins 2, McGovern 2,Lynch 2, Dear, Gibbs, Fogarty, Ellis-Yolmen
Fremantle: Taberner 3, Banfield 2, Fyfe 2, Neale, Langdon, Banfield, Ballantyne, McCarthy, Walters

BEST

Adelaide: Gibbs, M.Crouch, Lynch, Laird, Doedee, Hampton
Fremantle: Fyfe, Neale, Taberner, Mundy, A.Pearce, Walters

Too many simple turnovers from hampton in my opinion..

Hi did do some good things but they were outweighed by those simple turnovers..

A good football judge can see hampton just oozes potential. I would descrived his game as brilliant apart from one thing -decision making. Clean that up -which he should be able given gametime and he'll end up some sort of player
Go back and watch the game again. Describing his game as brilliant is ridiculous. You are certainly not a good football judge. He was fumbly, didn't handle the speed of the game, was constantly rushed, and his disposal questionable. I'm not saying it's career over by any means, and really want to see him deliver, but to say he was good today is just dumb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Dermie on at least 3 seperate occasions brought up about our forward line likes to play on their own terms.

Now should we start a counter on how many times that will be mentioned this year?
Which forward line doesn't like playing on their own terms?

Deadset repetitive moron.

A good football judge can see hampton just oozes potential. I would descrived his game as brilliant apart from one thing -decision making. Clean that up -which he should be able given gametime and he'll end up some sort of player
His decision making is awful, and his kicking for goal is a downgrade on Cameron - and that's saying something!

The AFL website has credited him with 5 clangers. Only Matt Crouch (6 clangers) had more - but Crouch had 36 disposals to Hampton's 17. Put another way, Hampton had 1 clanger every 3.4 disposals, Crouch had 1 clanger every 6. Hampton doesn't get enough of the ball to justify turning it over as often as he does.

So, how do we get Murphy off the rookie list?
Dont we get 1 upgrade at the start of the season?
We are one short on the list aren't we? Can we just upgrade someone anyway to that spot?
We're actually 2 short on the senior list. However, we don't need to upgrade him at all - Cat A rookies can now play without the need for an upgrade.

We are one short on the list aren't we? Can we just upgrade someone anyway to that spot?

Hopefully in JLT #2 we get to see Murphy and Eddie in the same forward line together, IMO the two could work well together

I think your right we have one upgrade prior to round 1 and Smith is also a LTi

I thought Hampton played ok. Tried hard and imposed himself at times. Is it a fantastic game? Not as good as Gibbs Crouch or Lynch , on that I do agree.

I specifically set out to look at 5 players. Gibbs, Doedee , Fogarty , Poholke and Gibson.

I thought Gibson did ok. Didnt set the place alight but made a solid contribution
Poholke has something to persist in
Fogarty looked lost at times early but as the game moved on found his spot. Liked the things he did and no complaints about his selection. Hope to see more of him

Doedee should play Round 1. Solid game and loses nothing in comparison to he that shall not be named

And some kid from Carlton got a couple of touches

I also liked Murphy and Keath.

Don’t need to as he can play anyway. No need to upgrade anymore

I thought Hampton played ok. Tried hard and imposed himself at times. Is it a fantastic game? Not as good as Gibbs Crouch or Lynch , on that I do agree.

I specifically set out to look at 5 players. Gibbs, Doedee , Fogarty , Poholke and Gibson.

I thought Gibson did ok. Didnt set the place alight but made a solid contribution
Poholke has something to persist in
Fogarty looked lost at times early but as the game moved on found his spot. Liked the things he did and no complaints about his selection. Hope to see more of him

Doedee should play Round 1. Solid game and loses nothing in comparison to he that shall not be named

And some kid from Carlton got a couple of touches

I also liked Murphy and Keath.

Fogarty played less then 10 minutes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back