Prediction Changes round five

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could've easily beaten us up there last year, and you could argue we're not going as well now as we were then. Putting aside their game on the weekend, they've definitely improved this year.

I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever if we drop this game.
You could also argue that at 3-3 we weren’t really setting the world on fire at that point either.

They could've easily beaten us up there last year, and you could argue we're not going as well now as we were then. Putting aside their game on the weekend, they've definitely improved this year.

Nah. Brisbane have no chance. We're going to unleash our secret weapon. It's Crock O'Clock.

We’re about on par, IMO. Brisbane on the other hand have stepped it up big time in the past 12 months.

Last edited:
Hahahahahah please don’t tell me that you’re using DE% to label Wills a better ball user than Sier.... Use your eyes friend. Wills is a below average kick and an ok handball. Sier is a good kick and an elite handballer. His vision in the contest is close to the best at the club. I think Wills could become an AFL standard footballer, but it’s doubtful he ever will be able to cement a spot in our midfield. Given Sier and Browns relative youth compared to Wills i’ll Back then both to become better players by a comfortable margin.
That was my reaction too.

Sier tends to handball far more than kick anyway, but when tackled he is exceptionally good at standing up, keeping his hands free and releasing to a target, sometimes a moving target clear of the congestion. Wills stands up but doesn’t get the pass off and it’s a ball up. You just see him at the bottom of a lot of packs.

As for kicking, Sier is a longer kick and neither is especially accurate.

I'd be happy to see Crocker get a run around, wing is his VFL spot and as Bucks said in his presser post-Dogs if someone goes down injured then the expectation is whoever gets named can and will play the role

In saying that, I think my preference would still be Appleby to the backline and Aish back to a wing, where he was playing pretty well pre-injury last year

I'd be happy to see Crocker get a run around, wing is his VFL spot and as Bucks said in his presser post-Dogs if someone goes down injured then the expectation is whoever gets named can and will play the role

In saying that, I think my preference would still be Appleby to the backline and Aish back to a wing, where he was playing pretty well pre-injury last year
Agree. I’m glad Crocker is being tried in a new position, but am still concerned by his complete ineptitude one-on-one.

Nah. Brisbane have no chance. We're going to unleash our secret weapon. It's Crock O'Clock.

I think your Crock O'clock may be broken.

In The Mix: Round 5 v Lions

Tom Robertson

Apr 15, 2019 4:37PM

655332-tlslargelandscape.jpg

Dayne Beams is a chance to return against his former side on Thursday night

Dayne Beams
He was a late withdrawal (illness) from the AFL team’s round four clash against the Western Bulldogs. Beams is every chance to make a return against his former side on Thursday night.

Flynn Appleby
He’s been a consistent rock in defence off the half-backline and continues to push his case for a senior berth by being named the Pies’ best player in the loss to Footscray.

Ben Reid
In the VFL, Reid added two goals to his three from round one and was named among the best players for Collingwood. The veteran forward continues to show positive signs after recovering from a quad injury sustained in the pre-season.

Isaac Quaynor
After impressing throughout the pre-season, the athletic half-back was named among the best players in round two of the VFL.

Brayden Sier
He made his return in the VFL after sustaining a chest issue that hampered the tail end of his pre-season. Sier was busy in the midfield with good attack on the football setting up an early goal for Josh Daicos.

I think your Crock O'clock may be broken.

In The Mix: Round 5 v Lions

Tom Robertson

Apr 15, 2019 4:37PM

655332-tlslargelandscape.jpg

Dayne Beams is a chance to return against his former side on Thursday night

Dayne Beams
He was a late withdrawal (illness) from the AFL team’s round four clash against the Western Bulldogs. Beams is every chance to make a return against his former side on Thursday night.

Flynn Appleby
He’s been a consistent rock in defence off the half-backline and continues to push his case for a senior berth by being named the Pies’ best player in the loss to Footscray.

Ben Reid
In the VFL, Reid added two goals to his three from round one and was named among the best players for Collingwood. The veteran forward continues to show positive signs after recovering from a quad injury sustained in the pre-season.

Isaac Quaynor
After impressing throughout the pre-season, the athletic half-back was named among the best players in round two of the VFL.

Brayden Sier
He made his return in the VFL after sustaining a chest issue that hampered the tail end of his pre-season. Sier was busy in the midfield with good attack on the football setting up an early goal for Josh Daicos.

They've only mentioned guys who are in doubt for selection. Crock's name is already inked into the team sheet.

The clock works, even if the time isn't right at the moment. Anyway, t's not my clock, it's firecracqer's clock,he's the one who is wrong - him and Unplugged. They're the Crocker fanclub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we f lose this.. I f swear man.. I'll walk into a pizza shop.. with hand on chin.. look at the menu for 5 minutes.. and just f go.. I'll have a f margherita thx.. pay $18 for it.. when I coulda got a f house special for $20.
Unfbelievable re. F.

I have f had it man.. that's it for me.

It’s easy to lock down when your constantly playing on the worst forward. Not everyone has to run and carry butnplayers like Aish who offer little else have to. Plenty of other players get picked on as well your last line is simply not true.
He’s the number 1 whipping boy atm, don’t feel like he does all that much wrong. He contributes solidly. Stephenson on the other hand has done very little...no mention of getting dropped.

Beams won’t play. It’s rare for players to play first game against their old club for whatever reason.

I think you’ve surpassed yourself.

That’s some theory going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back