Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - BIG FREEZE 7 - Round 13 vs. Melbourne, SCG Mon 14/06 @ 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never do hear anything about his injuries. He just disappears. Without him coming good at the coalface we will remain a bottom 4 team. Adams spends much of each year injured and after him our inside mid stocks are extremely thin. Weird considering the number of one paced medium sizers on our list.

Yeah he is the Dennis Quaid of footballers, serviceable efforts then he vanishes almost forgotten, then he pops up in a cameo performance and you think, "Oh look there he is" "I thought he was dead or retired or something something.

This sounds harsh, but I reckon we were better without Mayne.

It has shocked me in recent weeks to see him taking kick ins. He is a 30 metre kick, and doesn't necessarily play on with pace with ball in hand. So opposition defences can press up knowing it's just going to go 15 metres to the back pocket.

We look much more dangerous with Darcy Moore taking kick outs. Mayne has been getting 30 plus disposals, but they are sideways kicks and absolutely no risk involved. Opponents are happy to let him get it because he doesnt hurt. The better players who do that back pocket/distributor role are all elite kicks or have some pace. Think Daniel Rich or Jayden Short/Bachar Houli.

I reckon he is a momentum killer back there. I prefer him on a wing, floating back to assist, than to be the back pocket.

Can’t rally argue with that. He rarely has a bad game, but his style just totally plays into the opposition’s hands. He is our damage containment philosophy personified.

There is a lot of hopeful talk on this thread, and isn't it wonderful. A win does amazing things. Unfortunately, when the inevitable happens, the despondent savagery that infects our supporters will resurface.
I don't want to see a death or glory charge from our players. I want to see them continue to fight the game out, as they have done all year. I hope for the miracle, but my head says no. The best case will be if we jump them and see them playing catch up all game, as I remember them doing to us when we were strong and they weren't. Please let them be overconfident.
I am among those who would like to see Cox come back in, but I can't see it happening. McCreery has to have a place found for him.

If he hadn't been unjustly dropped the problem would not exist.
He wasn’t unjustly dropped. He gets nudged off the ball with so much ease from guys so much smaller than him it’s just embarrassing.
Ball hits the ground and he is a huge liability.
He has had every opportunity to turn it around in VFL and has failed.
Having said that, I would be playing him ahead of Lynch and have him ruck this week against Gawn.

I'm changing my tips. Collingwood by 73 points. LOL

Nah, the change in coach won't matter. It'll be like Bradman's last innings - anticlimactic. But I do hope they manage something special to send him off.
Why or why did I select this game to do the Game Day preview. Anyone want to change?:'(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm changing my tips. Collingwood by 73 points. LOL

Nah, the change in coach won't matter. It'll be like Bradman's last innings - anticlimactic. But I do hope they manage something special to send him off.

We still won't get Close

H
He wasn’t unjustly dropped. He gets nudged off the ball with so much ease from guys so much smaller than him it’s just embarrassing.
Ball hits the ground and he is a huge liability.
He has had every opportunity to turn it around in VFL and has failed.
Having said that, I would be playing him ahead of Lynch and have him ruck this week against Gawn.
He had kicked goals in each game and had a hand in others- gave Mcceery his first goal with a deft tap. For every couple of nudges under the ball he takes a good mark or brings it to ground . He had double digit possessions in a couple of games and introduced a one handed dummy and dish off which he used to good effect.
For a side which struggles to score he should not be the one to be axed.

Buckley's team for final game.:)

FB: C Brown - Noble - Bianco
HB: Cameron - Daicos - Murphy
C: Roughead - Keane - Mihocek
HF: Sidebottom -Poulter - Mayne
FF: Lynch - Crisp - Maynard
FOLL: Sidebottom - Pendlebury - Quaynor
INT: Moore - De Goey - Rantall - Elliott(medical sub)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back