List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

you have a personal dislike for ziad, let it go

perhaps objectively state what qualities lead brander to being a dominant KPF? And don’t say because he was highly rated at 16 or drafted in the first round

Once again, you’ve confused me saying “you can’t say X” with me saying “the opposite of X must be true”. If you’re not misquoting people, you’re not breathing.

I haven’t ever said Brander is a dominant KPF. Just that it’s harsh to say he’s failed at it when he’s four years into a career and has spent more than half of that time playing midfield.

Once again, you’ve confused me saying “you can’t say X” with me saying “the opposite of X must be true”. If you’re not misquoting people, you’re not breathing.

I haven’t ever said Brander is a dominant KPF. Just that it’s harsh to say he’s failed at it when he’s four years into a career and has spent more than half of that time playing midfield.

why is a 195cm player-drafted as CHF playing midfield?? I’ll give you the tip its not because he has elite ball winning ability, ability to move through traffic, quick hands, vision and can win the ground ball or the contested ball. It’s because he’s not a CHF

you personally abuse anyone who gives sound rationale why they think he hasnt made it in 4 years as a KPF, and is unlikely in the next 4, yet can’t provide a squat of justification. You’re just trolling I’m sure

Last edited:

then more exploratory surgery in Australia.

and some moreView attachment 1215762

Bottom line your career is going the wrong way if you’re having exploratory surgery

I might be missing it but I read it that all of those surgeries were ‘treatments’ after the injury rather than exploratory. The exploratory part on muscle is done with ultrasound and MRI

why is a 195cm player-drafted as CHF playing midfield?? I’ll give you the tip its not because he has elite ball winning ability, ability to move through traffic, quick hands, vision and can win the ground ball or the contested ball. It’s because he’s not a CHF

you personally abuse anyone who gives sound rationale why they think he hasnt made it in 4 years as a KPF, and is unlikely in the next 4, yet can’t provide a squat of justification. You’re just trolling I’m sure

As I already suggested, it might be because there’s two All Australian key forwards in the side and one future All Australian key forward being used as a third tall/backup ruck, so he’s been deployed elsewhere.

I personally abuse you because you continually post rubbish and misrepresent me. And in this occasion you started it by calling me an oxygen thief, so don’t get too precious. I haven’t abused anyone else over the issue. I don’t think I’ve abused you, actually?

As I already suggested, it might be because there’s two All Australian key forwards in the side and one future All Australian key forward being used as a third tall/backup ruck, so he’s been deployed elsewhere.

I personally abuse you because you continually post rubbish and misrepresent me. And in this occasion you started it by calling me an oxygen thief, so don’t get too precious. I haven’t abused anyone else over the issue. I don’t think I’ve abused you, actually?

i promise you we lose Kennedy and darling and brander is still running around on a wing trying to scratch together a few kicks on the outside of his right boot

i promise you we lose Kennedy and darling and brander is still running around on a wing trying to scratch together a few kicks on the outside of his right boot

If and when that happens you might have a claim that “Brander has tried and failed as a KPF”.

If and when that happens you might have a claim that “Brander has tried and failed as a KPF”.

Or cut to the chase and watch some WAFL games. If you can’t take a grab and kick a few on 21 year old gangly bloke called string bean, it’s not going to happen against harris Andrews!

I see your mates have arrived, let’s see if they can save you here

Wasnt that when he was on debut? As I said

It sounds like you’ve put him in the same basket as Waterman - ie he’s been written off and nothing he could ever do would make a lick of difference to your opinion.
Two weeks ago in the WAFL he failed again in defence. and when a 6'5'' professional of a few years fails in the WAFL thats a big failure as he should dominate in the third placed State League.
He has more ability that Waterman and may (I hope) make a wing type player (half back to half forward flank) given his run but that is looking increasingly unlikely given his other shortcomings and unwillingness to step up. Poor guy just may not have it in him.

At his height you need to mark overhead to be a KP forward - sort of a Brereton BGO statement so I apologise. He doesn't have that innate ability - it would be obvious at training if he had that ability.

I must now claim the Mark Twain defence.

Last edited:
Sounds like a big risk to take at our first pick. We already have one project ruckman (Jamieson) who is struggling to put on size. It’s very noticeable how much much bigger Luke Jackson is by way of contrast. I think Brander was selected as our Kennedy replacement, and for some reason that plan has been shelved. He surely couldn’t have been taken as a third tall, or an ‘ugly duckling’ wingman. I actually think Oscar could play as key forward if he gets his shoulder/arm fixed up (from undersized rucking) and puts on a bit more size.

The Brander as a key forward idea got dropped when it became apparent he didn't have the physicality to play that role, despite having the body size. Four years on that physicality is still missing. That's the reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure brander tried and failed being a KPP of any type in the wafl with no one in the way of his progress .

When did he start playing midfield, mid 2019? He was a 20 year old with about a dozen WAFL games under his belt.

Since then he’s been a midfielder with the odd cameo playing on a key forward, like the game against Keitel.

He hasn’t shown much at either end but I still think it’s harsh to say he’s been tried and failed. He hasn’t really, when you look at how long key position players usually take and how little he’s actually been used there.

Absolutely no chance Brander makes it as a key forward, anyone with an ounce off footy knowledge can see that!
He has been in the system 3 years now and has barely put on a Kg of muscle, quiet personally that’s on him.

I see your mates have arrived, let’s see if they can save you here
Mate, you're intentionally mixing up people agreeing with someone else as them ganging up on you. Pretty textbook gaslighting, to be honest.

It’s been ages since West Coast and Freo traded players but I’ve been interested how Paul Haselby keeps banging on about Jake Waterman. In his newspaper articles and almost nightly on Sportsday on 6PR.

Even said something last night when talking about Waterman to the effect that “West Coast when they select an extra tall they lack forward pressure but they won’t have that problem going forward…”. Like he’s almost speaking with inside knowledge that Freo are well and truly into him.

Snake seems like a heart and soul West Coast man; particularly leading the song intro and obviously as the son of a dual premiership player. Surely he doesn’t wind up at Freo?!?

Yeah Miguel Sanchez, get to some WAFL games you absolute casual, there were about three camera shots last year that didn’t feature you in the crowd, what’s your excuse for those?

The dog with a bone s**t has to end now everyone, please and thank you. No need to be following folks from thread to thread either; if you want to go on a date just hit them up in the PM’s and ask. Hell, do it in the threads, I’m a sucker for romance.

It’s been ages since West Coast and Freo traded players but I’ve been interested how Paul Haselby keeps banging on about Jake Waterman. In his newspaper articles and almost nightly on Sportsday on 6PR.

Even said something last night when talking about Waterman to the effect that “West Coast when they select an extra tall they lack forward pressure but they won’t have that problem going forward…”. Like he’s almost speaking with inside knowledge that Freo are well and truly into him.

Snake seems like a heart and soul West Coast man; particularly leading the song intro and obviously as the son of a dual premiership player. Surely he doesn’t wind up at Freo?!?
Fingers crossed Waterman doesn’t request a trade, seriously under rated and see him as an important part going forward

Last edited:
Blake schenslog should be a consideration if we lose brander .
He has put together a great season for south playing both KPD and KPF .
At 199cm we could also use him as a back up ruck
I think he could go reasonably high if he's in the national draft.
He'd be a great pick-up but would probably rather go somewhere where he'd get more opportunities
If we were to trade out barrass or gov hed be perfect

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

No he hasn’t.

Just because he’s been behind other, very settled players in the pecking order in those positions and trained up for a different role, doesn’t mean he’s been “proven incapable” as a key position player.

For Christ sake, some people are far too keen to write off youngsters if they’re not instantly a roaring success.

Maybe leave the insults to Christianity in the form of blasphemy out of the football forum please.

A better term would be

For hecks sake.
Or try
For football's sake...

Kthxbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back