Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep but if bowes picks say us then they have to either deal for a future 1st thats probably in the teens or keep him. The danger with trying to push him out is that he might pick a club that doesnt have the currency they want.
If they have come to the decision that they are better off getting his $$$ off the books... They really can't reject anything.
They want him gone... He is on a fortune and playing VFL... I think they'd be doing backflips if someone gave them a 1st rounder back.

Kid is an elite kick, absolutely
I can’t see him as a mid though
I see him as a Brad Sheppard backman who can play a lot taller than a KPD
Bowes is a two way running mid with excellent foot skills. He will complement the midfielders that are already at Geelong. Has the ability to play all over the ground which will appeal to Chris Scott’s ‘total football’ philosophy. Would be in our best 22 next year.
He has had to play a role back at GC as others aren’t as flexible. He had a shoulder reco early in the year which meant he made a late start this season and was playing catch up.

Surely the pick 7 is to tempt a team like Hawforn, Norf or Essendon to give up next year’s R1 which has a good chance of being a top 5 selection.
The other part of it though, is that this is still a player trade. Bowes still gets to choose. Gcs can try tempt those clubs, those clubs in turn have to sell themselves to Bowes

It’s hard for me to fathom how pick 7 is needed if it’s just a salary dump. Seems like they see an opportunity to position themselves.
It sounds like he has Degoey level cash owing to him for 2 years for a vfl player and won't extend at the Suns. They're stuck

Surely the pick 7 is to tempt a team like Hawforn, Norf or Essendon to give up next year’s R1 which has a good chance of being a top 5 selection.
I don't think either will offer their future first for that very reason. That's why we might win Steven Bradbury style.

He looks like a talent and appears more suited to playing midfield but does have that versatility to play all over the ground.

The question is what exactly do the Suns expect to get from this deal.

If the suns are in a position where their salary cap is in such a state that they need to sacrifice pick 7 to get under the cap after a season in which they didn’t come close to making the finals…..

Words escape me how incompetent that is. Surely not even Gold Coast are run that badly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This seems ludicrous. For Gold Coast to include pick 7 Bowes must currently be on $1.5m per year.

Does anyone else find it unbelievable that a mediocre team is potentially dumping a salary on the best team in the comp? This is not how the system is supposed to work. The crazy salary floor imposed on teams has a lot to answer for.
That's where the system is heading.

Salary cap is becoming just as important as draft picks.

Remember that the AFL mandates that 95+% of TPP must be payed. Sometimes that means you end up paying some players more at times to ensure you're with that band/margin.

As those mediocre teams rise, they then need to rejig their payments to ensure their top players are not poached. Sometimes the dump and sweetener is needed to keep the players they really need. Ultimately this can turn a club into a "destination club" as others come in at lower rates looking to play with good players and hunt for finals and wins.

It's a swings and roundabouts type of system and you need to take a hit sometimes to win the long game.

So no, I don't find it unbelievable. Trades and picks are changing and there will be more to come.

Imagine we win today.

Higgins, Dahl, Smith, Selwood, SavRat, Narkle, Menagola go..

Henry, O’Connor, Bruhn, Bowes, Clark, Clohesy come in.

Smith will play on imo.
Rest could happen.

Are we doing this again?

It's Clarke
Genuine question - this year's Clark/e has an 'e' on the end?

So, this likely means we'll continue referring to Jordan with Clarke, and then new Clarke with actually get called Clark 🤦

If only we had both on the books at the same time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back