Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t think Bowes and pick 7 will get traded together for what it’s worth

How do you see it going down?

If as portrayed its comp for taking his money... which might be 100% over that he would be paid at some clubs. Be like tryiing get Zac Gujthrie off our books if we had him on 800 for the next two years. The have form worth Brodie and Wright..tried to do it with Macpherson to North last year , apparently that was player and P19.

Surely the pick 7 is to tempt a team like Hawforn, Norf or Essendon to give up next year’s R1 which has a good chance of being a top 5 selection.

Surely the pick 7 is to tempt a team like Hawforn, Norf or Essendon to give up next year’s R1 which has a good chance of being a top 5 selection.

Maybe but Im not sure how many of those clubs would give up an early r1 next year...maybe R2.

The first thing that needs to be answered is what Bowes wants. If he want to stay on his "Mr Creosote" contract then he will not be at Geelong

Its not if you think he will be best 22 by 2024. Remember now the median afl wage is about $330k (roughly) so 500k a year for a decent best 22 player (especially if youre getting a pick sweetener in the trade) is not overs but i understand why people may see it differently.

I think $500k/year would be good value, especially if we are getting pick 7 in there. We'd likely give back next years first which I could also live with (although would rather picks next year than this year given we'll likely have more spots to fill).

The issue I have is length of contract. We rarely give out 5 years deals, so giving one to a VFL player is risky, no matter what else we get. Like you say, if he's a decent best 22 player for the length of the contract, it's ok. But if he's not getting a game in 2 years' time, we find ourselves in the same position as GC are now, having $1.5mil of cap space in the 2's and having to try and get it off our list.

I'd be ok with 3 years, or 4 at a push. The problem is some are reporting he's owed $800 for the next two years. So you'd have to lengthen the contract out to 5 years in order to let us smooth it down to an acceptable level and that's where the risk comes in.

Jayden Hunt of the Dees is quite the dasher and could he handy were Smith to retire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe but Im not sure how many of those clubs would give up an early r1 next year...maybe R2.

The first thing that needs to be answered is what Bowes wants. If he want to stay on his "Mr Creosote" contract then he will not be at Geelong
It’s hard for me to fathom how pick 7 is needed if it’s just a salary dump. Seems like they see an opportunity to position themselves.

It’s hard for me to fathom how pick 7 is needed if it’s just a salary dump. Seems like they see an opportunity to position themselves.

I can only assume that they know from experience that just offering him free to a good home does not get rid of a dog with his fleas

If as portrayed its comp for taking his money... which might be 100% over that he would be paid at some clubs. Be like tryiing get Zac Gujthrie off our books if we had him on 800 for the next two years. The have form worth Brodie and Wright..tried to do it with Macpherson to North last year , apparently that was player and P19.
I haven’t really read too much into it as I’ve been so stressed with tomorrow
But from my brief understanding for it, GC aren’t throwing 7 in with bowes to try and upgrade a pick.
They’re trying to get there books right and bowes might be the one they need off there books to fix that.

I can see a club Getting bowes and 7 for a second round pick.
Can’t see it being a first or a FR1

Its odd because with rankine going they should have cap room. Maybe they are terrified king or rowell will go next year and so they want to make room to pay each 900k a year to stay.

I doubt they will trade 7 for nothing they will want a R1 this year or next to come back to them in the trade.

Im sure someone said they had three or four players that need points next year

Bowes wants mid field time ...

SUNS DON’T WANT MORE PICKS

Gold Coast’s salary dump plans, first revealed by the Herald Sun this month, include offering up pick seven for a club to take defender Jack Bowes if they absorb his lucrative two-year back-ended deal.

The Suns are seen to be well over the salary cap this year so must realign their total player payment position for future years.

But given Bowes is a classy half back and the Suns need defenders given their spate of ACL tears to Wil Powell, Conor Budarick and Lachie Weller, what gives?

Not only will Bowes give the Suns cap relief, he is desperate to play midfield at a new club.

Keeping him against his will and playing him in a position he isn’t interested in doesn’t really suit anyone.

So the Suns will secure Adelaide’s first pick for Izak Rankine and hand on another top-10 pick.

The Suns believe they have enough early picks and are in a different economy to everyone else _ securing top 10 picks also comes with the downside of having to pay those players up to $450,000 in their third and fourth-seasons regardless of their early progress.

I haven’t really read too much into it as I’ve been so stressed with tomorrow
But from my brief understanding for it, GC aren’t throwing 7 in with bowes to try and upgrade a pick.
They’re trying to get there books right and bowes might be the one they need off there books to fix that.

I can see a club Getting bowes and 7 for a second round pick.
Can’t see it being a first or a FR1

That make sense ..but they way it reads that are not that fussed about picks coming back.... they are in SC trouble and want him gone. Who ever can take All his money..and who ever he is happy to go to gets P7 as well. Id have thought a Fr2 or Fr3 may have been involved but maybe not.

I reckon 7 and bowes for either a current r1 (early teens) or future 1st. But obviously will depend on what club bowes chooses and what picks they have..he will pick a club and gc will have to deal with them or keep him.

Yep but if bowes picks say us then they have to either deal for a future 1st thats probably in the teens or keep him. The danger with trying to push him out is that he might pick a club that doesnt have the currency they want.

That make sense ..but they way it reads that are not that fussed about picks coming back.... they are in SC trouble and want him gone. Who ever can take All his money..and who ever he is happy to go to gets P7 as well. Id have thought a Fr2 or Fr3 may have been involved but maybe not.
Yeah it’s an interesting case
Someone was saying the other day rules have changed and they could trade Bowes and 7 but not get anything in return.
Can’t say I’ve ever seen that tbh

I can only assume that they know from experience that just offering him free to a good home does not get rid of a dog with his fleas
Sounds like a dog I don’t want then.

(And I love dogs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back