Game Day 2023 Prelim Final - Collingwood vs GWS Giants, Friday 22 September, 7.50pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Brown was shocking in front of goal. Bedford with an easy miss. Keefe missing the handball to TFG. Tom Green out on the full instead of passing to an open team mate. Umpires had poor calls both ways, but that one was lost on our own boots.

Proud of the effort and the season nevertheless.

Second this. We had our chances but didn't take them. Got away with scrappy finishing the last 2 weeks when we could put those games to bed but didn't. The best teams don't let you get away with it.

Also not 6 days turnaround- because of the late finish we only flew back on Sunday so just 4 days at home for us before flying to Melbourne yesterday to play a team in their normal home ground
And heard today that Pies have not played a match away from the MCG for exactly 2 months !!! Horrendous commentating, especially by Brayshaw tonight - Bruce & Dennis would be disgusted. Well done Giants - excellent year & a lot to look forward to.

Was the decision to leave Briggs on the bench at the end intentional? Must have been, was comfortably beat all night. That shoulder obviously isn’t right
Nah, the ball just never get over that way and the cost of leaving us a player down as they ran across the field to interchange was too much. Collingwood ended up with De Goey stuck on their bench for the last few minutes for the same reason.

And heard today that Pies have not played a match away from the MCG for exactly 2 months !!! Horrendous commentating, especially by Brayshaw tonight - Bruce & Dennis would be disgusted. Well done Giants - excellent year & a lot to look forward to.
Very glad I chose not to bother listening to them. Mute is my friend.

Gutted for you lads. Since you’ve come in there’s been something about you to where you’ve been adopted as my second favourite team.. this stings as much as a hawthorn loss.

What a team you’ve got though. Incredible second half of the season and seriously stiff not to be playing next week. So many little things that could’ve changed the result. ******* devastated. :(

Hope to see you back there next year, going on step further!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMHO, this was the perfect example of one team losing a game rather than the other team winning it.

Some unusually selfish play up forward which I thought was a thing of the past.

It looked like the occasion just got the better of some players.

Nevertheless, so proud of this team that did way better than expectations considering where they were placed mid-season.

Final thought: I reckon Briggs' shoulder was way worse than what was reported. Will be disappointed if we took a player into such an important game that was not fully fit.

Shattering, but they were just a bit too good tonight. Felt it was a fair game and breaks went to both teams.

Their marking at times was crucial and probably the difference but mainly felt it was such a manic high pressure game that at times that referred pressure cost us. Jordan De Goey was like Dustin Martin tonight. He just could not be contained.

I think a few players really shone, Buckley and Idun really saved us on so many occasions, they proved they are big time performers. Tom Green, Toby Greene, Lachie Ash and Lachie Whitfield were strong particularly in the first half, Callum Brown didn’t finish his work but he’s a dead set game breaker. Callaghan was really strong at the end and with a proper pre season will be a star.

Daniel Lloyd, please un-retire, you still have a bit more to give. Played like it was for his life, a fitting final game.

Without harping on negatives because it’s been such an amazing season thought a couple of players made some costly errors with carelessness, Bedford and Kelly had some poor moments, Cal and Cogs were well held, Riccardi’s positional play was a bit off.

All in all an incredible season. None of us thought we would be playing off for a spot in a GF, early in the year we were probably hoping to tank and get a better draft position!

Adam Kingsley and his coaching team and all the players who have bought in and worked their arses off deserve so much credit, they make us all proud and give us all something to look forward too, love them to bits 🧡🩶

Last edited:
This team has won over the entire footy community. Super impressive season. Big things coming for the giants.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We just need to keep Cooper on the list for his videos, otherwise opinion may change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back