Autopsy AFL 2023 First Elimination Final - Carlton v Sydney Fri Sept 8th 7:50pm EST MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 56 29.3%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 40 20.9%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton-vs-Sydney.png
5th v 8th

AFL 2023 FIRST ELIMINATION FINAL
CARLTON V SYDNEY

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 8TH 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

CARLTON
B: B.Kemp, J.Weitering, N.Newman
HB: A.Cincotta, M.McGovern, A.Saad
C: B.Acres, P.Cripps (c), S.Docherty
HF: J.Martin, H.McKay, D.Cunningham
F: L.Fogarty, C.Curnow, M.Owies
FOLL: M.Pittonet, A.Cerra, S.Walsh

I/C: C.Marchbank, G.Hewett, M.Cotrell, T.De Koning
EMG: P.Dow, J.Motlop, O.Hollands, Z.Fisher

In: P.Cripps, S.Docherty, M.Pittonet
Out: Z.Fisher, O.Hollands, P.Dow, C.Durdin (all omitted)

SWANS
B: L.Melican, T.McCartin, D.Rampe
HB: J.Lloyd, N.Blakey, O.Florent
C: E.Gulde, Ch.Warner, C.Mills
HF: T.Papley, H.McLean, S.Wicks
F: I.Heeney, J.Amartey, L.Mcdonald
FOLL: T.Hickey, J.Rowbottom, L.Pakrer (c)

I/C: H.Cunningham, B.Campbell, J.McInerney
EMG: A.Francis, R.Clarke, R.Fox, D.Stephens

In: L.Melican, T.Papley, J. McInerney
Out: R.Fox, sD.Stephens R.Clarke (all omitted)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

CARLTON MATCH NEWS:

Jack Martin – 50 Carlton games

Carlton forward Jack Martin will play his 50th Carlton game tonight against Sydney. Martin joined Carlton in the 2019 pre-season draft, debuting for the Club in Round 1, 2020 against Richmond, kicking four goals. Martin’s speed and physicality are key assets to his game, with his creativity and pressure pivotal to his season this year, where he has averaged 10.9 disposals and 3.5 marks a game.

Marc Pittonet – 50 Carlton games

Carlton ruck Marc Pittonet will play his 50th Carlton game tonight against Sydney. A key cog in Carlton’s recent form, Pittonet has proved himself to be a very handy ruckman, averaging 25.4 hit outs, 9.1 hit outs to advantage. Earlier this year, Pittonet re-signed with Carlton to remain in the Navy Blue until 2027.

Elimination final clash is sold out

All tickets for today’s game are sold out. Tonight’s game will mark Carlton’s 8th sold out game for the year with a further four of 11 home games and three of 12 away games sold out this season. The Blues also boast an average home-game attendance of 51,421, the second highest across the whole competition. Carlton broke its membership record once again this year, with a final total of 95,277 members.

Last edited:
Big game.
Hopefully Cripps is good.
Acres unknown injury.
Saad and Gov both copping potential in game injuries, despite playing the game out.
Weitering possibly missing a week.
Cerra and Walsh will be better for the run.
Think everyone can use the week off.

How strong are Swans likely to be?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think the Blues should knock the Swans out in week 1.
I don't think that.

This is Carlton's first final in eons, Swans are always there, they'll get it done. Papley back.

This feels like Melb v Sydney last year, where Melb were favoured because they were the higher finishing team and it was in Melb. I expect the same result.

I don't think that.

This is Carlton's first final in eons, Swans are always there, they'll get it done. Papley back.

This feels like Melb v Sydney last year, where Melb were favoured because they were the higher finishing team and it was in Melb. I expect the same result.
Papley back will be a lift for the swans.

Cripps, Docherty, Motlop and Pitto were are all rested V Giants, so good to see them back.

The one thing you miss above is the weight of a an MCG full with Blues supporters - 95000 members all in full voice.

Melb is a bad comparison in that instance.

I don't think that.

Melb went 6-6 in their last 12 games before finals last year, Carlton have won like 11 of their past 12. Not a great comparison.

Let the real stuff begin. At the MCG will be awesome.

Selection will be interesting for the Blues. Cerra Walsh needed the run last night

Cripps Docherty Motlop Boyd Kennedy Pittonet maybe Silvagni all available and pushing for selection

Papley back will be a lift for the swans.

Cripps, Docherty, Motlop and Pitto were are all rested V Giants, so good to see them back.

The one thing you miss above is the weight of a an MCG full with Blues supporters - 95000 members all in full voice.

Melb is a bad comparison in that instance.

Was Pittonet rested? I am told Voss and Co prefer one ruck

Disagree. They tried two rucks when Silvagni and/or McKay went down. With a full strength side they go with one
Quite sure Voss has made comments suggesting otherwise. But happy to be wrong as I don't like the two ruck setup, sucks that Jack is injured.

Back