ATP/WTA Australian Summer of Tennis 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Noskova reaches a final, yet they gift wrap a WC to some scrub. She's now 58 in the world in the rankings and in form, it's a joke. I know she's more likely to win a match (or 2-3 actually) than some scrub who is ranked 200+

Noskova reaches a final, yet they gift wrap a WC to some scrub. She's now 58 in the world in the rankings and in form, it's a joke. I know she's more likely to win a match (or 2-3 actually) than some scrub who is ranked 200+
I agree but 99% of the tournaments do the same, plus 99% of Aussies wouldnt know who she is and wouldnt watch her either. Which is the whole point of a WC

I do think slams have a responsibility to give some WC to in-form players, like what Wimbledon does.

I agree but 99% of the tournaments do the same, plus 99% of Aussies wouldnt know who she is and wouldnt watch her either. Which is the whole point of a WC

I do think slams have a responsibility to give some WC to in-form players, like what Wimbledon does.

Wimbledon don’t- they keep a WC for the best performance leading into the tournament. It’s what all the slams should do. There’s too many scrubs getting WC’s.

Camila Giorgi been accused of using a fake vaccine certificate last year.

Meh would have been picked up before now. Hardly uncommon everyone was using them. Not saying I agree with it but it’s whatever

Not sure if I trust the disgraced doctor in this case/

Don't trust the Giorgis either.

Pretty much good luck anyone finding out the truth anyway. Camila aint lasting long anyway she's in dreadful form

Talking of horrible form Cutie Pie (Rybakina) has just lost again in Adelaide...honestly horrible today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is certainly a battle of out of form Aussies here...
Popyrin to me should be better than he is, I’m not sure why he’s stagnated as badly as he has. Anyone with that serve and forehand combo, and with his height and movement, should be a very good player. But he’s not. Maybe he will, but he’s not progressing.

Popyrin to me should be better than he is, I’m not sure why he’s stagnated as badly as he has. Anyone with that serve and forehand combo, and with his height and movement, should be a very good player. But he’s not. Maybe he will, but he’s not progressing.

He just plays way too many dumb shots and way too many errors. Same could be said about both these guys really

I thought Popyrin would've been further ahead at this stage of his career. He has the key weapons but hasn't improved much

I thought Popyrin would've been further ahead at this stage of his career. He has the key weapons but hasn't improved much

He’s typical of a bloke who has been gifted things. Too many wildcards. Personally there should be a limit. Get him to qualify

Hobart should have tournament in 1st week of Jan then Adelaide have this week

Other way around IMO.

The first week is generally the bigger tournament further out from the GS. I would have that in Adelaide and leave the 2nd week to Hobart and probably an event in Sydney (with Sydney also getting the back end of the United Cup in week 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back