Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 12 vs. MELB - Gabba, Sat 15/08 @ 5:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounded quite positive with Pendles now, hopefully he's right to go come the first bounce. My revised changes:

In. Pendlebury Reid Moore Elliott
Out. Wills Mayne Roughead Broomhead

Still going in a bit taller, with Reidy there to straighten us up in F50

B. Maynard Dunn Madgen
HB. Crisp Moore Noble
C. Daicos Pendlebury Phillips
HF. C.Brown Mihocek Elliott
F. Stephenson Reid Cameron
R. Grundy Sidebottom Adams
I. Sier Thomas Ruscoe Varcoe
E. Hoskin-Elliott Mayne Wills Murphy
I really, really like that side, we need to try the 3 talls and Reid instead of cox makes up quite athletic up forward

Heard from someone pretty reliable that Sier may be out for a few weeks with a knee injury.

Our injury record over recent years is mind-blowing. Every year I think surely it can’t be as bad as last season and, sure enough, it always is.

I’ll be so disappointed if Sier is out, just as he was set to get an extended run in the seniors to hopefully lock-down a spot in our best 22. Historically he hasn’t shown much resilience when faced with set-backs do hopefully this time, if he really is an out, he approaches the task of getting back into the team with a much better attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounded quite positive with Pendles now, hopefully he's right to go come the first bounce. My revised changes:

In. Pendlebury Reid Moore Elliott
Out. Wills Mayne Roughead Broomhead

Still going in a bit taller, with Reidy there to straighten us up in F50

B. Maynard Dunn Madgen
HB. Crisp Moore Noble
C. Daicos Pendlebury Phillips
HF. C.Brown Mihocek Elliott
F. Stephenson Reid Cameron
R. Grundy Sidebottom Adams
I. Sier Thomas Ruscoe Varcoe
E. Hoskin-Elliott Mayne Wills Murphy
Murphy for Varcoe

Who plays on Petracca? Greenwood would be handy right now to play a lockdown role on him.

we need a big bodied CLAMP at stoppage for him -ie Sier
but I doubt he’ll have the tank to do more than man up Petracca at stoppage.
If Pendles doesn’t play then Wills and Sier could be the dual CLAMPS.

I really, really like that side, we need to try the 3 talls and Reid instead of cox makes up quite athletic up forward
Reid in the square, Mihocek doing what he already does, and Cameron with his marking ability being the link up man heading from defence - that's how I see it anyway

Can't drop Cameron after that performance, but Reid was pretty good against Sydney too

Our injury record over recent years is mind-blowing. Every year I think surely it can’t be as bad as last season and, sure enough, it always is.

I’ll be so disappointed if Sier is out, just as he was set to get an extended run in the seniors to hopefully lock-down a spot in our best 22. Historically he hasn’t shown much resilience when faced with set-backs do hopefully this time, if he really is an out, he approaches the task of getting back into the team with a much better attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

An injury will at least give him time to focus on his instagram career.

Wow wee he is a weird unit, but he's our weird unit.

I thought Reid looked really slow in his last game. He's lost a lot of his agility. He still knows where to lead and competes okay in the air. But he's completely out of the contest once it hits the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back